Created some fake accounts - what now?

• 7WaysToWin
      7WaysToWin
      Gold
      Hey guys!

Hope you can help me.
      Not-such-a-long-story short: I was a fool, thought I would get the no-deposit-bonus several times, so i created several accounts on different poker rooms (poker700, 888poker, titanpoker, 24hpoker, hmm that would be it, I hope). I also just wanted to play some poker using playmoney, testing different rooms.
      None of them has my real personal data, I made it up during registration, dont really remember even the e-mails or passwords/logins there.

The point is, I want to start playing with a real account. I am afrad that after some time (propably during attempt of withdrawal) I'll get my accounts (including the new, real one) blocked for violating the rules (mutliaccounts). iPoker rooms for example won't let me create a new account on my computer, even after complete reinstall of their soft and cleaning registry. I think they check some kind of hardware data like windows serial, MAC adress or anything like that, doesn't really matter.

I recalled emails or logins of some of the accounts (one on poker770, two on 888poker). Written messages to support centres, my accounts on 888 were blocked, no response from poker770.

[Post Edited]
      The only accounts I had any money on are one acc on poker770 (the free 10$) and one on 888poker (apart from PS.com, they give their own free 2$+tournament tickets). The other accounts have never seen a single dollar.

I tried to find a similar case on the forums, but all I found was about accounts beeing blocked b/c two flatmates/siblings played from one IP and that was solved after contacting support and veryfing IDs. Despite of that, every room says that one user may have only one account, which I already have there, with fake data...

Try not to condemn me, I know I have sinned, and I regret it. On the other hand, despite the attempt to get the bonus again, I was not feeling so safe giving my real data to some king of 'unknown game software'.

Regards!
      7ways
  • 9 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      If you only played play money on PokerStars I'd imagine they would let you create a new actual account if you say you're gonna play for real money. Why shouldn't they since you're gonna make them $ in rake if you do.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The only thing you can do is contact the supports of the rooms and explain the situation. Some rooms may let you create a new account, while other will say that you broke their terms and conditions, they will block the accounts and won't let you create a new account. Seriously, there is nothing else you can do!

Personally, I had the same problem with pokerstars and nordic bet. At pokerstars I had 3 accounts (all with fake data) and they still let me create a new account. Nordic bet told me that since I broke their T&C, I can't register there and blocked my account.

But don't worry too much! All the poker rooms you mentioned, except pokerstars, are on networks which have multiple realiable sites to choose from!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey 7WaysToWin,

My best advice would be to contact each room and come clean. I have heard reports before of people who have signed up with false details being forgiven by pokerrooms if they notify the room.

I have heard no such reports of people being forgiven when the pokeroom discovers it.

You may not be able to save yourself at all rooms but you'll know where you stand.

Of course there is no guarantees that this approach will be successful.

Keep us updated

Laz
    • 7WaysToWin
      7WaysToWin
      Gold
      yeah, but its the Stars I would like to play mostly :f_grin:

thanks acetbfish, hopefully they'll do the same to me ;)

[Post Edited]
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 7WaysToWin
      yeah, but its the Stars I would like to play mostly :f_grin:

thanks acetbfish, hopefully they'll do the same to me ;)

[Post Edited]
      Well, if you contacted support they presumably have your email address.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey 7WaysToWin,

Having more than one account is against all the T&C's on all Poker Rooms and when they find out that you have two accounts 99.9% of the time all your accounts will be blocked and have funds may be confiscated.

Your only solutions is to contact any Poker Rooms that you do have more than one account on and hope they let you continue playing on one of the accounts. If you did provide false information then be honest with them and let them handle it.

Don't think of this in short term, First Deposit Bonuses are great but and give you you some nice returns but is it really worth risky your account just to have it one more time? Let's say you do so and in 2 years are winning player and have $2k in your account, they find out you abused their FDB, your account is closed, the $2k gone. Maybe you lcukbox your way to a MTT win of $50k? Account will be checked, funds removed, account closed.

I can't stress enough the importance of following their T&C's, they have them there for a reason and will be strict with anyone found to be breaking and/or abusing them.

Again, I advise you keep only one account and be completely honest with any room where you do have more than one account and contact them to discuss the situation.

Please also refrain from discussing how you may be able to bypass any method they may have of finding out if you have multiple accounts. i have edited out some parts of your post as we cannot allow any discussions of this nature to occur, I hope you understand.

Originally posted by acetbfish
      Personally, I had the same problem with pokerstars and nordic bet. At pokerstars I had 3 accounts (all with fake data) and they still let me create a new account.
      You told PokerStars you had 3 accounts and then they let you create a 4th?
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      You told PokerStars you had 3 accounts and then they let you create a 4th?
      Yeah, they were all with fake data (I created them for the lamborghini tournaments, 3 years ago) and I didn't play a single real money hand from them. I didn't use any bonus either.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      you don't have many options, and you got some good advice above, however, maybe some of them a bit optimistic.. you can always play on sites you have 0-1 account if nothing else works out..
    • DjolusVicenus
      DjolusVicenus
      Silver
      If I recall correctly PokerStars policy on Multiple account is simple. You can have as much fake accounts as you want. You can ONLY HAVE ONE ACCOUNT WITH REAL MONEY.

But as other suggested, contact support on poker room you want to play and tell em everything...