Hi

• mtr1g08
      mtr1g08
      Bronze
      Hi,

I came across this site after reading an interview in which Ragen70 said he found this site instrumental to his success and so far I am loving it.
      I am currently playing on Poker770 mainly on $20 NLHE speed poker.
      My main objectives are to continue enjoying poker and to improve my game, my secondary objectives are to play $50 and possibly start learning PLO.
  • 10 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey mtr1g08,

Welcome to PokerStrategy :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it here, or better still, "loving it" ! I'm sure the material here will be able to help you push towards those nl50 games.

I look forward to seeing you participate in the community we have here, I'm sure you'll make an awesome addition.

If you need any help or advice, be sure to give us a shout!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey mtr1g08

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Soo nl20 speed? We probably met then :D You can guess my SN :P Hows it going there? I was shooting nl50 once, but I now realized my game is not nearly good enough for nl50. So I'm planning to improve first, crush nl20 and then move up. How close are you to nl50?

Best regards

RasTweet
    • mtr1g08
      mtr1g08
      Bronze
      Hey Rastweet,

At first I found myself running in to set over set several times , I think I was down around 3 buy ins but I think I also had some pretty big leaks which I have started to plug. I am currently on a 10 buy in upswing but like you I still make a lot of mistakes (Mainly mental) that I need to correct before I move up.
      My aim is to hit 50NL by April as I then have 4 months off work (Paternity leave) , if you want to talk about any hands or general tactics for 20NL let me know as it's good to get a different perspective on things

Regards,

Matt
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I'm having weird sessions. I can have an awesome day and be up 5BI's but then the next day I start spewing from hand 1 and just lose those 5BI's in a matter of seconds :facepalm:

I know I'm not good enough for nl50 but I'm working on it. I like he MSSers though! :f_love:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      YOU!

You were on my tables yesterday :f_biggrin: Wanted to reply but noticed it to late :facepalm:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Not very nice flopping quads vs me :(
    • mtr1g08
      mtr1g08
      Bronze
      At least you managed to not bet the turn so you played it well, although I did feel a bit bad. You also managed to get away from my flopped nut flush so well played
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mtr1g08
      At least you managed to not bet the turn so you played it well, although I did feel a bit bad. You also managed to get away from my flopped nut flush so well played
      The quads was weird. I figured you can have a lot of 7x there but really? vs utg and mp... anyway should've been a fold.

The flush was also terribly played by me. I think I check called with a gs :facepalm: got there on the turn as wel but yeah I was lucky that it was the 4th to a flush. And I don't think you're going to barrel light there. What about checking behind? You'll see that a lot of players will bet as a bluff on the river. And if they do have a hand you raise and get the same value as betting 3 streets.

Sorry for typos I'm on my phone.

Ras
    • mtr1g08
      mtr1g08
      Bronze
      I was going hoping you would think I might be bluffing after the quads incident, if it's any consolation I went on an epic down swing last night losing about 6 buy ins very quickly
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mtr1g08
      I was going hoping you would think I might be bluffing after the quads incident, if it's any consolation I went on an epic down swing last night losing about 6 buy ins very quickly
      Don't worry about the quads :D I'm not bothered by it. I wasn't going to bluff catch you twice though since the quads was kind of a bluff catcher.

Awww 6BI thats not nice :( I managed to still make a profit after being 4BI down at one stage.