I'm still a fish (NL2 6max)

• plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Hi all!

I had blog once in polish section but it was nothing good. Some situations in my live made me to close it, with hope that some day I will open it again. I think that this time comes.

Something about me:

I'm 27 and live in south part of UK with my beautiful, crazy wife :) Not long time ago we moved here trying to find our new way in life. I became chief in restaurant, and she is on her ESOL course. I think that's enough. Maybe someday you will hear more :)

Poker carrier:

Playing poker, or wait- loosing in poker for about 7 years. :( Switching from 1 table SNG through cash games full ring, 6- max, SNG MTT. Last couples of months I was playing ZOOM FR for fun. In that time my biggest success came. Finished second in some freeroll and won 1900$. I think that it was the point that made me thinking more serious about game. So I cashout all the money, keeping only 80$ :) and start grinding ZOOM FR NL 2 :)

Goals for the nearest 3 months

- open topic in No Limit Beginning Course and finish it with positive results
      - move to NL 10 and became winning player
      - start running again and loose some fat
      - practice English (sorry for any mistakes I made above)

So I'm continuing my game. Next level is near, only 12.5 buy-ins to switch into NL5. Finger crossed that I'm gonna make it!
  • 19 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Czesc plobek!

Jak sie masz?

Ok, that's the extent of my Polish. The ones I can spell anyway.

Welcome to the EN Blogs, I hope you enjoy your stay :]

I see you've played a lot of people, moving around so many gametypes it's unreal! So you plan to stick with NL Ring Games now? Any reason you prefer FR > SH ?

Also, huge congrats on the big win! What did you spend the $ on? Does the wife know about? :P

Best of luck with your goals, you seem like a sensible guy (so far), I'm sure you'll have no problems moving up to nl10 ;) Oh, and your English is very good!
    • pitabread189
      pitabread189
      Bronze
      Good luck, you can do it!
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      Czesc plobek!
      Witam!

Jak sie masz?
      Dziekuje bardzo dobrze :)

I see you've played a lot of people, moving around so many gametypes it's unreal! So you plan to stick with NL Ring Games now? Any reason you prefer FR > SH ?
      Long and strange way. Probably this is the main problem why where I am with my knowledge now. If something is for everything, then is for nothing :P NL because it is a good school of post flop play. What's more my actual occupation don't let me to play long session needed for SNG or MTT. Prefer playing SH but I decided to go through all the "classes" of playing poker. I think that this is the easiest way to start from beginning. I'm planning to switch to SH when I get to NL25, maybe on NL10. Need to feel comfortable on this limit and with edge over opponents. Probably will move my roll then to other room. Welcome bonus, strategy points- this kind of things are important too. I'm playing without linked account to P* so somehow I need to get point for higher status.

Also, huge congrats on the big win! What did you spend the $ on? Does the wife know about? :P
      Yes she was first who know. Money were a good boost to settle here in UK. Everything was much more easier having some spare quids :)

Best of luck with your goals, you seem like a sensible guy (so far), I'm sure you'll have no problems moving up to nl10 ;) Oh, and your English is very good!
      Thanks for good words. It's nice to see that someone looks here :)

And now maybe something about me and my play. First of all:

Organization of time!

Need to do something with it. I'm trying to do as much thing as I can, don't waste time, using wunderlist to not forget about important things but still I feel lack of time. How to be everywhere and do everything. Didn't finish homework for Beginners course (need to do it after work and finally post it), didin't read book I want. Ehhh any useful tips?

About my play. I think is good. With lots of mistakes but I feel that it's getting better everyday. More thinking, and more folding. Not stupid play because he is a fish, so he's got nothing. Under my graph from last two days. 9 more buy-ins and jump into NL5 :)

End of massage.
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Today session was... better don't say. Poker is not only winnings they said. Felling angry because of my play. Some spots when I was ahead lost with weird players. In addition my mistakes and one or two stupid plays make may results even worse. Probably if not those mistake I would finish my session... any English teacher can help how to say properly that I don't made any profit or any lost?

There is one positive too. I finish my session when I plan. Didn't play more, trying to get profit even I didn't feel my play. This thing in past cause that I was tilting and loosing much more money. Stop looking into cashier and next step will be achieved.

Need to read some mindset stuff how to deal with impatience and time planning because I would like to learn all night, but on the other hand I know that this will do nothing good. Any helpful information, links, articles someone can give? I'm setting my stoploss timer for an hour, and the same way I stop playing I will jump into bed to my wife :f_cool:

• plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Last two day were almost without poker. Played some hands yesterday (in plus yeay). The day before I was on double shift in work. I spent evening chilling with my wife. Today time for some poker learning and game.

Ohhh today I had tooth extraction. I'm getting old. Need now to start collecting money for dental implant :P
    • superstarw0lf
      superstarw0lf
      Bronze
      how is going ? how many tables you play ?

how you feel the zoom ? :D and the nl2 players

<< zoom boy too
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Going good, but could be better. I'm playing 3 tables at once. I think that on this limit is optimum for me. Starting the new limit will play 2 tables, in time adding one more, and the same on the next limit.

NL2 and players can describe using two worlds. Crazy maniacs. Can't think to much about others and what they think because usually they don't think.

I'll check your thread too.

About playing zoom I think it's ok. Prefer MTT-SNG or MTT but time and my current occupation wan't let me to play it, so I think ZOOM and that I quite like it, will be source of my income :P for the nearest time. We will see later what's going to be next :)

About yesterday. After my tooth extraction I feel like shit. What's more I took some strong pain killers, so I couldn't focus on my play nor learning. Try but it was useless, feeling dizzy, sleepy, so I decide to gave yourself one more day off.
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Next day with my battle with NL2 looks like this:

Although its a screen from last two session, but you can see how they were. I couldn't focus on nothing for second day. I didn't take any painkillers, have a nice day, took a walk with my wife to park. Learning and game looks like shit. I need to forget about this days and keep going. Don't want to find any excuses, but all the time I thinking that it is caused by this visit to the dentist, and all things about it. My mental condition is falling down.
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Didn't play lots of hand. Two shorts session and everyone were kicking my ass. Some mistakes and to sum up I was 8 buy- ins short. Yesterday I got back some buy-ins so It doesn't look so bad now. Reviewed some hands, read and watch lesson articles and movies. Now is time to finish homework and play some game. There is one thing that I discovered. It help me during sessions preventing from tilting. It's classical music. I read one short article written by CUat69SNG saying that this kind of music can help. It works! Honestly I found perfect way for me with fight with tilt! I am calm, focused on play. I feel like my brain is working on 110% :) It helped me during last sessions a lot. Strange because I've never been a fan of it.

I will post later graph. I decided that there is no sense to do it every day. Since today I will be doing every week.

• plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Slowly going up... Learning, focusing (reduced tables to 2), making less mistakes than others, and my bankroll hit 119,46$ :) If everything will be ok (finger crossed) tomorrow last session on NL2 and soon I will can change my blog topic :) Fell soooo gooood :) :f_cool:
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      As you can see I've changed topic of my blog. That means that I beat NL2! :D Started with about 80$- finished with 119$. I decided to shoot on NL5, and it was good decision. A-game during three short sessions and I have now 130$. So everything looks fine. Slowly but still forward :] Now real game starts. This are my last two days at work before short holiday and during this time need to focus on learning and game. VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!!! Plan for the next 30 days- BEAT NL5! Day number one starting on Sunday. GOGOGO! :)

• plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      20 days of sh...t. I didn't tilt and loose my bankroll. I totally waste those 20 days. No game, some reading. Don't want to say about all things that cause this, but no doubt I can say that even in these circumstances I could play. Since my last post 3 sessions. 2 were good, one horrible and I'm starting again NL5 with 115.33 $ in my bankroll.

I keep fighting! Se ya all at NL10 in 30 days! Wish my good luck!
    • AmorPL
      AmorPL
      Bronze
      Keep going my polish friend. I hope you will soon reach your goals and wish you all the best ;-)

Pozdrawiam :-)
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Welcome next guest in my modest place :) Pozdro kolego! :f_cool:

Day 1 after me. I played two sessions. Honestly first was horrible, lots of mistakes, bad beats etc. Second one WHOOOOHA!!! I don't remember when I had so good one. My premium cards have got action, and fishes give me their money :) Thinking, playing ABC and keeping level of ev line :) So at all good day :)

DAY: 1
      HANDS: 1784
      BR: 136,07$

I will upload graph with my progress every weak. Now some learning and bed.
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      One thing I can say is :volume, volume, volume. Without it I can forget abut NL10 soon. Honestly I'm pissed of about my job. People get holidays, short-staffed, and I'm spending whole day there. 10- 3 then 17/18- 23/24. Hate double shifts. What from long lunch brake if my possibilities what can I do during this time are limited. This is the worst thing about my job. Like it, but sometimes is so time taking that I don't have time to do nothing more.

Ok stop moning and some results, then short session.

Day two and three- no hands

DAY: 4
      HANDS: 626 (2410)
      BR: - 1,81(134,26$)
    • Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      Hi plobek,

He've similar objectives and for sure we are meeting at the tables

Good luck ;)
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Hello again after a while :| It was so hard to start writing again. After good start, reaching NL10 zoom I've found myself at NL2. I don't know what happened with me and my game. Almost lost all my roll. Now with little over 20$ in my roll I'll try to get back to game. Probably right now you dear reader won't find anything interesting for you but who cares. I was on good path on my road to became a good player but shortcut which I choose were not good. I will try to update my blog often, to have my place where I can share my thoughts and ideas.

Main points till end of week:

- revise my nl lessons and finish next one
      - try to make volume (500 h/d min)
      - read motivational posts from Schnitzelfisch ( min 1)
      - get back to running (first session done yesterday, get ready for tomorrow)
      - do not smoke (day 3 :D )

I'm playing on Titan Poker NL2 6max reg tables. Won't find me there on my PS nick.
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Shhhit. My browser crashed when was sending a post, so I'll write it again.

Bankroll almost twice size. 7,88$ winnings plus 5$ bonus and I feel like a boss with 27,02 $ in my cashier :f_cool:

Hands: 1302
      BR: 27,02
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      I love how lucky I am. Next day after last post my internet connection has gone dead. I was using 3 mobile internet. I now, shit thing, but I don't want to say story why I have it, or had it :) Couldn't afford for a second internet connection so I was waiting when 3 solve their problem (broken mast and no internet connection in part of my city) After two weeks, hours of conversation with definitely not English people on 3 mobile support I have managed to cancel my two years contract, after 11 months with no extra cost! Yes this is possible! Right now I'm using BT WiFi for their customers, and waiting till Thursday when my router and fully functional broadband will be set up.

That's all for now. I'm hungry of play so fish is jumping now into fish pool :D