plobek

• 5 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey plobek

Welcome to the EN community and to the beginner's course. Looking forward to seeing your homework.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Regards,
      Luke
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I would lie if I say that money are not motivation. I think that this is one of the factors in poker that makes people to play it. To be a good player we need more things that make us to play this game. For me it's to becoming a better person/ player. Improving our skills, fighting with yourself, with your bad habits. When I'm doing something I like to do it on 105%. When I was younger I had much more motivation to be better, showing myself that if you want something you can do it and most of time I could get it. But time go past and on some point I lost all this. I don't want to be like average person. World in this times wants from us to be like that. Find a job, earn money, save money, buy a car, take credit, buy house, keep working for rest of your days to pay credit for house, have kids, family, and like average person gone from this world. This is not my way. Self-motivation, self- improvement these are guides to our better life. Playing good poker and having fun from this is the way I can connect all this things. Becoming better, independent, finding opportunities not growing to my couch in front of tv this is my motivation. If not now, when? Next time can be too late!

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Thinking that I'm better then opponent so luck is on my side is one of these. Willingness to see showdown- I'm better, I've got two pairs so he couldn't get this flush again. Incompetence to say NO! , STOP! Checking cashier all the time, not focusing on best way I can play. All these leads to loosing then tilting (anger, nerves, mistakes)

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Playing tight means to select best hands suiting the position, not coming into play with every hand. Ability to see difference in strong hands and ones that looks only strong but play bad.

Playing aggressive means to take initiative. Make people do mistakes in difficult decision. Calling and checking won't do that. Opponent under pressure to make decision can make mistake. We need make them these mistakes by pressing them, but on other hand we need to find balance when to say top.

Tight aggressive play is connection of above.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello plobek,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework. It is very detailed and shows that you care and put in a good effort.

With the help of this course (and myself) and your hard work we should be able to overcome a lot of your weakness.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • plobek
      plobek
      Bronze
      Homework 2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

As we can know the SHC include only the strongest, best playable hands and show how to play them in 4 different position:

- blinds
      - early
      - middle
      - late

However it don't show us and tell how to play every possible hand from every possible position. It is to start playing poker. If we strictly play as it show we won't loose our bankroll but slowly improve it. If our game improve we could notice that we can play some kind of hands with profit and we won't find them in SHC.
      Our hand range should be narrow from early position, and wider going through late positions.
      We can't strictly show that there is bad or good range of hand selection. There is so many factors that have influence on that what we should do, so we should adjust our play to all this things. Which position raise, who calls, how many callers are there, how big are stacks.

Nevertheless I will try to show how we can improve it:

Early position:

AA, AKs, AKo, AQs, KK, JJ, TT-66, call all other pocket pairs after raise (call 20)

Middle positions:

As above plus: AQo, AJs, AJo, ATs, ATo, suited faced connectors(depends on table we can add off-suited faced connectors on MP2, MP3, middle pocket pairs. Here we can add to our play (call) hands like high suited connectors if there were two or more limpers in front of us.

Late positions:

The tighter the opponents are after you, the loser you should play to maximize your profits. The looser player are after you the tighter should be your play. We can add to our play off-suited Ax cards, off-suited connectors, suited one gappers, suited Kx.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

HAND

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

46.32%
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Plobek

Great work with your homework.

When making adjustments always look at all the information available (the limit you play, the site you play on, etc. then look at table info such as # of players, stack sizes, positions).

So your adjustments look like a good start but they can be refined even further (as you get more experience playing and get to see/learn your opponents).