HU action?

• webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      What is the deal with iPoker2? I log on every night hoping to get some games of HU NL10 or 20 and I rarely succeed. If I sit on 4 tables I will only get min buyin shortstackers which will hit n run with pennies and very very occasionally a full stack hit n runner. If I sit for hours I may get a serious player on 2-3 occasions a week.

On top of all this you have the players that sit at 4 tables with a full stack but refuse to play. Half donkey half fish half scared sh!tless.

Does ANYONE manage to get action on this network? Am I playing at the wrong time?
  • 6 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I don't think the nl20/nl10 HU regs have any choice but to bumhunt, from what I've heard the rake is monumental at these stakes.
    • webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      Yeah the rake is huge. If you bumhunt at nl10 HU I am guessing you get about 50 hands a week.

I've crushed almost everyone I've played but I am still down due to hit n runners and rake. So on account of this you'd think the regs would see my stats and play me.

Just seems futile to keep on going at iPoker..
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      not woth it to play anything below 50nl HU imo, even at 50nl you will need a big edge to make a profit. below 50nl you are just donating to rake imo, I don't play at ipoker but I assume that nobody likes to donate so that's why you get 0 action.
    • webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      Most players are terrible at HU so getting one or two buyins per session isn't a problem. With decent RB and bonus it all works out nicely.

Like I said... the problem is actually getting a game to begin with.
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Maybe sit with a wierd fishy stack size (you could always top up if the match continues) ?

I was playing some 4NL HU & did see the hit & runners etc..but a few guys played for a stack.

Its a shame Pokerstars dont let us play smaller limits for HU cash - I find it really interesting despite being shit at it.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by webjockeycontact
      Most players are terrible at HU so getting one or two buyins per session isn't a problem. With decent RB and bonus it all works out nicely.

Like I said... the problem is actually getting a game to begin with.
      as a general rule, it isn't worth it to play HU unless rake cap is less than BB. I think you are wasting time and effort, you should stick to 6max unless you build a br for nl50hu, then you can crush everyone ;)

gl