This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

HU action?

• webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      What is the deal with iPoker2? I log on every night hoping to get some games of HU NL10 or 20 and I rarely succeed. If I sit on 4 tables I will only get min buyin shortstackers which will hit n run with pennies and very very occasionally a full stack hit n runner. If I sit for hours I may get a serious player on 2-3 occasions a week.

On top of all this you have the players that sit at 4 tables with a full stack but refuse to play. Half donkey half fish half scared sh!tless.

Does ANYONE manage to get action on this network? Am I playing at the wrong time?
  • 6 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I don't think the nl20/nl10 HU regs have any choice but to bumhunt, from what I've heard the rake is monumental at these stakes.
    • webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      Yeah the rake is huge. If you bumhunt at nl10 HU I am guessing you get about 50 hands a week.

I've crushed almost everyone I've played but I am still down due to hit n runners and rake. So on account of this you'd think the regs would see my stats and play me.

Just seems futile to keep on going at iPoker..
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      not woth it to play anything below 50nl HU imo, even at 50nl you will need a big edge to make a profit. below 50nl you are just donating to rake imo, I don't play at ipoker but I assume that nobody likes to donate so that's why you get 0 action.
    • webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      Most players are terrible at HU so getting one or two buyins per session isn't a problem. With decent RB and bonus it all works out nicely.

Like I said... the problem is actually getting a game to begin with.
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Maybe sit with a wierd fishy stack size (you could always top up if the match continues) ?

I was playing some 4NL HU & did see the hit & runners etc..but a few guys played for a stack.

Its a shame Pokerstars dont let us play smaller limits for HU cash - I find it really interesting despite being shit at it.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by webjockeycontact
      Most players are terrible at HU so getting one or two buyins per session isn't a problem. With decent RB and bonus it all works out nicely.

Like I said... the problem is actually getting a game to begin with.
      as a general rule, it isn't worth it to play HU unless rake cap is less than BB. I think you are wasting time and effort, you should stick to 6max unless you build a br for nl50hu, then you can crush everyone ;)

gl