This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 SH JJ preflop

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      Villan is 16/12 over 70 hands... I think it's right to fold in this case, yeah he might push AK but I think overall he would only push with JJ+,AKs,AKo and against those I only have 36 equity... Am I correct?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($34.45)
      BB ($12.45)
      Hero (UTG) ($25.25)
      MP ($26.80)
      CO ($25.80)
      Button ($46)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, J
      Hero raises $0.85, 1 fold, CO raises $3, 3 folds, Hero raises $4.30, CO raises $22.80 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $10.30
      Main pot: $10.30 returned to CO
  • 5 replies
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      That line sucks because:

1) You can 4-bet for value, which might not be a good choice in the first place vs. a nit at NL25, but then when you put in 1/3 of your stack you have to stick to your plan, if you don't this wasn't a good idea to begin with, but maybe...

2) You can 4-bet for value, but fold to a shove because his range is narrowed down. That doesn't work in that case either, because his 3-betting range is already strong and usually he either folds or shoves in this spot and if you think JJ is not good vs. a shove, it's just a bluff. There are some spots and players (AKA whales), who will call 4-bets and where you can extract value with JJ, but he is not that kind of opponent i guess.

3) You can 4-bet bluff, which is again not the best plan with JJ because you already have a good amount of showdown value.

So, my preferable play would be to call his 3-bet and play some poker.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      okay, let's say I call, and the flop brings small cards I dunno 3 4 9 rainbow, and of course he c-bets..what to do against that type of player..I cannot float I'm oop, and would it even be a good idea, if the turn brings another brick?

btw, did u have a bad day sebra :D
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      I'd call the 3bet and call the flop cbet. But I'm just silver :D

EDIT: Hmm.. Actually I'm not sure anymore :P Because he might just 2nd barrel the turn and I don't know what to do then. Maybe reraise a flop cbet would give more information but.... I'd like to hear what Sebra has to say.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      On low card flop I can´t really see a way that I´m going to c/c flop, c/f turn.
      But against nit this is the best line, since he won´t double barrel basically never.
      Against tag/lag I like 4-bet/call line, since often there is overcards on the flop and you end up all-in if you call 3-bet pf.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I dont think your line is that bad against a tight player. By getting him to go allin pf you can basically narrow his hand down to a monster and you didnt have to pay much for the info. This way you dont have to play a marginal hand postflop oop.