Hello from Holland

• TyKa2716
      TyKa2716
      Silver
      Hey guys,

My name is Ronald and I live in Holland. I have been playing poker on and off for about 1.5 years now. I visit this site alot but have never really taken the time to properly introduce myself. As I'm planning to take poker a bit more serious now i thought it would be a good time to do so now.

I'm 33 years old and work as a stockbroker, but my dream is to one day be able to make a living as a pokerplayer. I know it's hard but one can always dream :)

About poker: for some reason I always start of very well but after awhile it all goes wrong. Usually after taking a few bad beats or coolers i start spewing of money on higher limits. Yes i have been guilty of playing NL100 with a 300 dollar bankroll a few times! Lately I do think i can control my tilt a bit better tho so there is still hope. My game of choice is Zoom fr, but planning to switch to SH soon. I started playing seriously again about 2 months ago. Still had around 27 dollars in my Pokerstars account and grinded it to around 850 dollars in a matter of 3-4 weeks. My best day was a session where I had a 17 buyin profit on NL10. At one time i was sitting with a 1200 bb buyin stack at one table.

But for the past few weeks I can't seem to do any good. Usually my days are breakeven at best and on bad days I'm down 5 buyins easily. So for the time being I'm mostly focussing on watching videos and reviewing my hands. I hope it's just variance and it will all get better soon, because atm I feel that my mindset when playing poker starts to become negative as in I expect to loose money and just hope it won't be too much.

Anyway, I'm going to try to start using the handreview forum since I find that part of the site especially useful.

That's it for now. I wish you all the best of luck and maybe I see you at the tables!
  • 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Ronald,

Nice to see you are going to be more active in the community. :)

When I first started playing poker, I thought how hard could it be. Get some cards, play them properly, rake in the money...ezy game.

I learnt quickly that concentration and discipline play as big a part in poker as raw skill.

When you feel your focus slipping, take a break. Go for a walk, have a stretch and don't restart until you feel that you can return your original state of mind.

Hope to see you starting a blog real soon

Cheers

Laz
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome to the community Ronald! :)
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Welcome fellow dutchie :f_biggrin:
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shuttled
      This!

Welcome to the EN community Ronald :)
    • TyKa2716
      TyKa2716
      Silver
      Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Now let's see how long my new years resolution to becoming a better pokerplayer will last!

My best friend has been living in Thailand for a couple of years now and i went to visit him a few months ago. after that i was even more determined to become a pokerpro one day. He's living the good life there and I would love to be able to live there too one day. Best of all...everything is so cheap there so I would reckon if you can manage a decent winrate at NL100 you could live quite comfortably there.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Originally posted by Shuttled
      This!

Welcome to the EN community Ronald :)
      This almost :f_biggrin:

Belgium FTW!