Calling 4bets OOP HU.

• Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      What is your default range for calling 4bets OOP HU? According to one succesfull HU player, you should call nearly always even with very weak hands like 94s because you are getting good odds and you lose more if you fold than if you call. The only caveat being that you should not do this if his range is extremely strong.

What do you guys think? If you agree with this point of view, how do you justify it? Any calculations?
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Calling 94s oop is imo bad and I doubt he can show profit unless opponent is 4-bet bluffing too much and he outplays him constantly postflop.
      Basically he needs to c/c on A7T board to then bet/shove river if opponent checks back.
      If you´re deeper than 150bb then I guess we can call with suited connectors, pp-s, suited broadway hands, mix up also TT-AA. Against opponent who likes to 4-bet a lot I would rather just call more pre-flop and mostly only 3-bet my value hands which I can mostly 5-bet.

best regards,
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      It depends a lot on the sizings obviously.
      But I think that you shouldn't fold any combos of your value 3B range to a 4B but folding the 3B bluffing combos seems reasonable to me.
      Maybe that person was talking about calling 94s vs a min4B?
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I'm not HU expert, but in SH something like 64s is worst calling hand against wide 4bet range with 2x or less sizing. So maybe 94s could be a call HU.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      default range is the value part of your 3b range

if you think your midpair or broadway isn't strong enough to jam, then call the 4b with it. i guess you could add more speculative hands if the 4b size is 2X or less but 94s is def gonna be spew - It has such poor playability.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by mbml
      default range is the value part of your 3b range

if you think your midpair or broadway isn't strong enough to jam, then call the 4b with it. i guess you could add more speculative hands if the 4b size is 2X or less but 94s is def gonna be spew - It has such poor playability.
      doesn't that make your range really easy to read tho? I'm talking about 6max now e.g. SB v BU where ranges will be a lot narrower than HU.

I've seen Zazano flat hands like KK twice , if people use the old school 2.2Xish sizing IP would it almost be a good idea to flat your entire range to the 4bet 100bb deep?