Low stakes turbo and hypers HU sng's - Aim for better!

• ManusFati
      ManusFati
      Bronze
      Hello,

A little background

My name is Tudor (IT degree / work in IT / married / no kids / big plans). I played hu sng's (turbo and hypers) for about 1 year on pokerstars and ftp. Made a few hundred dollars there but needed to withdraw for some more or less unexpected expenses. Anyway no bankroll left on those sites at start of this year so checked-in :D 50 $ on william hill.
      Played on WH for like 2 weeks now (very low volume and checking the level of villains). Decided to stay here and start building a new bankroll.

How it all begins

Let's do this:

Starting bankroll 58 $ :club:
      Level of confidence :heart:
      Games : Turbo :heart:
      Volume : TBA
      Hand of the day: TBA

i will try to update this daily (when i play ofcourse)

There is also these clubs spades hearts signs that designate from low to high the level i am feeling that the day went regarding the stat.

PS

Guys and girls wish me luck. Hopefully this blog will go better. As a side note choosed this over RO community because of : language / number of players / brag :]

see you tommorow.
  • 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Tudor,

Welcome to the blogs :)

Wow, It seems everywhere I look now all I can see is HU players.

GL on your journey

Laz
    • ManusFati
      ManusFati
      Bronze
      Done for today

volume ok: 25 games (including turbos and super turbos) :heart:

feeling: ok / did not tilt altough did have the chance :heart:

bankroll: 58$ (it seems that i had some more at the begining) :diamond:

hands :

try to ignore variance :heart:

iPoker - €0.93+€0.07|<> NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 1,956 (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: 100.00, Hands: 2)
      Hero (BB): 1,044

SB posts SB 10, Hero posts BB 20

Pre Flop: (pot: 30) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

SB calls 10, Hero raises to 50, SB calls 30

Flop: (100, 2 players) 6:diamond: J:club: T:heart:
      Hero bets 70, SB calls 70

Turn: (240, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero bets 168, SB raises to 744, Hero raises to 924, SB calls 180

River: (2,088, 2 players) T:diamond:

SB shows 8:club: T:spade: (Full House, Tens full of Jacks) (Pre 16%, Flop 22%, Turn 5%)
      Hero mucks A:club: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 84%, Flop 78%, Turn 95%)
      SB wins 2,088
    • ManusFati
      ManusFati
      Bronze
      ended one session last night. Things didn't go well: i hit my stop loss limit of 8 buyins in 18 games. It was also crazy unbelievable that all villains had allways better hands: higher kicker, higher flushes, higher straights, higher pairs and as allways river saves the calling station on the other seat. I managed to loose AA vs AA with villain hitting a flush :f_love: . That was the end off all. Watched a movie and then sleep.

No graphs, no hands ... no nothing.

:club:

today woke up and now remembering all i can say is: embrace the variance and some day will help you gain more than you lost.

over and out ... until next session.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Tudor,

It is so unfortunate to lose there but the secret is to remember Poker and Variance go hand in hand, meaning you can't have one without the other. I find remembering that helps keep me off tilt.

Keep the Faith

Laz
    • ManusFati
      ManusFati
      Bronze
      Just got over a period with some medical / job intensive issues. Played too few games for an update.
      Anyway long story short withdrawd from WH as i got tired from waiting for oponents and back on PS now (waiting time approx 1 min was way to much). Also WH changed from $ to Euro and was not so happy about it.
    • ManusFati
      ManusFati
      Bronze
      Back to the forums and long time no update.
      Anyway ... this year i managed to put in some 500 games over 35 days which is not so great but the results were good. Also moved back to pokerstars from WH (god i hated that platform :) ).

the good:
      - reached the first milestones
      - 500 games
      - 100$ bankroll
      - managed to loose 4 games with AA in hand in 1 day and did not even care (fishes asked for rematch and gave me back the BI's)
      - did not tilted anymore (now that is something for me)

the bad:
      - i miss volume
      - some hands i feel i play weak but this will need a database review from some coach

to do:
      - settle down my life a little as i have been running all days like crazy for bussiness/medical/personal/friends stuff

and here is the graph from start of the year