Frankie 2014

• FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Hey there!

I listened advice of some more experienced poker players, and decided to make my own blog to track my results and motivate myself for better play and higher volume in 2014.

About me:

* 24 years old
      * Live with my wife and my little son
      * Finished my BSBA bachelor degree
      * Attending other college: Law University
      * Playing semi- seriously for couple of years

Poker Goals in 2014:

* Work on my mental game
      * Don't be lazy and study my game regularly )
      * Watching some coaching videos here on pokerstrategy
      * Participate in the Hands Evaluation forum (posting most interesting hands there to discuss and ask for advice- I will post them here too probably)
      * Occasionally book coaching sessions to review my game and reveal leaks in my game (already arranged first one in the end of this week to start a year more self- confident)
      * Move up in stakes

Short Term Poker Goals:

Put in some decent volume in Feb

Getting Back in Shape- January- February:

:diamond: Swim 3 times per week and go to gym every week

---------

*I will edit these short term goals every month

Thanks for reading, and wish all you guys successful 2014!
  • 591 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi and welcome to blogs, good idea!

I think this may be an interesting read so I'll mark it as subscribed. :)

I'd like to wish you good luck with getting back into shape as well and I expect there are many who will want to follow that; fitness in poker is becoming more and more popular as people learn more about how it affects their game.

Good luck, have fun - and run hot :)

Mal.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Thanks Mal!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Started playing today,

It was more getting used to the new software, played only about 1-1.5k hands, also had problems with setting HM2 to work on 24hpoker, so I even lost majority of hands for today, also had problems with HUD, it worked on some tables, then turned off, then frozen (weird thing happened lol).

It doesn't end here, when i started playing, it was great, up few bi's in minutes, then my account became frozen LOL, I needed to send copy of ID and credit card, afterwards they again let me play. I got few standards suckouts, and played a hand or two really bad, which resulted in total break even day (totally! in 1 €) With rakeback probably 30€ up! Yey! :)

HIghlight of the day was tonight's review session with Adam "w34z3l"- great guy pointed out some of my mistakes, recommend him to everybody. Already arranged 2 more sessions when I play 20-30k hands on this new site.

-------------

Tomorrow I wake up 10AM, going to swim at least 1.2kms, eat something and first session can start, hopefully we are going up tmrw. Also I will get a video course from pleno1 tmrw; "ultimate guide to crush 6max in 2014" so I will start watching course materials in between playing sessions.

All in all, I like the site, like the playing field, like reward system, which reminded me that I miss only few points to release 100€ chunk of FDB, so actually 130€ rakeback today :) .

PS When I find peaceful solution with my HM2 I will start posting interesting hands, and/or some graphs after some volume, just in case somebody wants to discuss some hands.

Cheers!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Swimming goal for today accomplished. 1.2kms done.

Played 1.3k hand today, but will play at least 2k more in tonight's session.

This time HM2 didn't work well in terms of HUD, but it at least recorded hands correctly in the software, so I have today's graph. I will post it because it's first one I managed to get when playing at 24hpoker, but in the future I will not probably post graphs with less than 20k hands.

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Good to see you in the blogs!

Very best of luck :)
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Nice blog mate! Will follow your progress :f_biggrin:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Thanks guys,
      I'm doing pretty good at thenew site, these 2 days I am €500 up with rakeback, however, I am in war with HM2, it just doesn't work well at this site for me, I will contact HM support and ask for assistance.
      If you have, by any chance, some experience with hm2 and microgaming, pls help :)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Crazy night!
      Did some reviews after wife and son went to sleep, and I noticed some guy sitting at anonymus heads up table with 150€ (3bis) and I couldn't resist to joint the table for just 'few hands' even though it was 3:30 already, it turned out that guy was complete fish, so yeah, i needed to stay with him for an hour and take him 150€. (Actually took him 130 cca then he left) So, i was awake till 5AM, but for good reason :)

I got the 'ultimate guide to crush 6max in 2014' course yesterday which I very excited about, so it can result in some reduce of playing volume in next few days

Some numbers up to date:

Profit with RB: €672
      Swimmed: 1.2 km
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Didn't have much luck with HM2 and microgaming, I mean I succeeded in making it little bit better, but far from optimal. Therefore, I tried PT4, and it works great, it's much quicker as a program itself too. I would say that HM2 is probably more powerful, however, for microgaming PT4 is much much better; HUD loads immediately, I can even have HUD on anonymous tables (obviously it tracks villians just in a current session) but it tracks my game which is great. Therefore, from now on I will have precise graphs and hands for evaluation from majority, or even all of my play; not sure if I will have database of my Blaze (quickfold) volume because HUD is not working there.
      -----
      Had some slightly loosing sessions yesterday, and didn't play much because my son got temperature so I was mainly with him (we went to see a doctor yesterday night too) However, this slightly losing sessions are covered with rakeback and FDB. So, this are the numbers up to date:

Profit with RB: €650
      Swimmed: 3.2 km
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I didn't know you had a blog :facepalm:

Will be following now! Should be very interesting.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Originally posted by RasTweet

Thanks mate!
      Yep, I decided to do one due all your suggestions guys, and it really sometimes motivates me to play more, must admit it you were right.

Will start playing in couple of hours today (played some morning HU while drinking coffee)

quick numbers:

Profit with RB: €721.80
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet

+1 :facepalm:

Is that the profit you make every day? Or is that just the total profit you've made? Either way, very nice results sir :f_cool:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      No that's cumulative from the start of the blog, it would be nice if it was every day :)

Thanks mate!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      I have one so nice hand to show as a hand of the day, but I don't know how to convert it, when I put hand history in converter found on google it says that there are some errors pff, anyone have experience with converting microgaming hands?
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      I founded out how to convert it, here it is:

Microgaming - €0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: €113.00
      Hero (SB): €163.04
      BB: €100.00

Hero posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.75) Hero has 5:heart: 5:spade:

BTN raises to €1.00, Hero raises to €2.50, fold, BTN calls €1.50

Flop: (€5.50, 2 players) 8:diamond: 5:diamond: A:club:
      Hero bets €2.75, BTN calls €2.75

Turn: (€11.00, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero bets €5.50, BTN calls €5.50

River: (€22.00, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero bets €152.29 and is all-in, BTN calls €102.25 and is all-in

BTN shows A:spade: J:diamond: (Full House, Aces full of Fives) (Pre 46%, Flop 6%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows 5:heart: 5:spade: (Four of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 54%, Flop 94%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins €223.50
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      :f_o: Well he's only beat by 55 so I guess he made a good call. anyway NH!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      sure it's a good call, especially due to previous action we had (a lot of over-bets, bluffs, aggression) When I said that he seems like a good reg didn't mean that this move was bad- maybe it sounded like that.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Played a little bit of blaze (quickfold) in the evening, but not much, a bit tired for playing.(up 1 bi)

Profit with RB: €924.05
      Swimmed: 3.2 km (didn't swim last 2-3 days, going tmrw)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Didnt't go swimming again cause I feel sick, my son was ill these days so he probably gifted it to me :)

Therefore, I played only a little bit more than 1k hands today for now (I will see if I will feel ok I could try playing blaze later when it starts)

So, I am not satisfied with volume, however, more importantly, I am very satisfied with my game today, played really well, stacked off few fishes and played very well vs regs.

Here is my little graph for today:

Also here are 2 interesting hands:

This one vs one of the best regs on 24hpoker NL50SH, he is very aggressive, and he uses overbets really well- however he didn't know that I now that :)

Microgaming - €0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: €137.17 (VPIP: 37.95, PFR: 31.74, 3Bet Preflop: 13.11, Hands: 23,124)
      SB: €50.25 (VPIP: 15.92, PFR: 11.44, 3Bet Preflop: 5.12, Hands: 41,633)
      BB: €45.25 (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
      Hero (UTG): €100.00
      MP: €108.66 (VPIP: 26.65, PFR: 21.62, 3Bet Preflop: 10.35, Hands: 19,465)
      CO: €100.75 (VPIP: 24.46, PFR: 17.96, 3Bet Preflop: 6.13, Hands: 15,090)

SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.75) Hero has 9:spade: J:spade:

Hero raises to €1.00, MP calls €1.00, CO raises to €5.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls €4.50, MP calls €4.50

Flop: (€17.25, 3 players) T:club: 3:spade: 8:club:
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets €11.50, Hero calls €11.50, MP calls €11.50

Turn: (€51.75, 3 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks

River: (€51.75, 3 players) A:spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets €91.66 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls €83.00 and is all-in

Hero shows 9:spade: J:spade: (Straight, Queen High) (Pre 69%, Flop 76%, Turn 97%)
      MP shows 7:diamond: 9:diamond: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 31%, Flop 24%, Turn 3%)
      Hero wins €214.75

Another one is against pretty aggressive fish (I mean maybe we could call him a bad reg bcs he plays a lot- but he just isn't good all in all many exploitable leaks) My line here is questionable I know, but I customized it specially for this guy, so here it is:

Microgaming - €0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 2 players

Hero (BB): €55.25
      SB: €50.75 (VPIP: 34.15, PFR: 34.15, 3Bet Preflop: 30.77, Hands: 44)

SB posts SB €0.25, Hero posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.75) Hero has 9:spade: A:club:

SB raises to €1.00, Hero raises to €2.50, SB raises to €6.50, Hero calls €4.00

Flop: (€13.00, 2 players) J:heart: 7:diamond: 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, SB bets €6.50, Hero calls €6.50

Turn: (€26.00, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero bets €13.00, SB calls €13.00

River: (€52.00, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero bets €29.25 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins €51.00

All in all:

Profit with RB: €1249