Sit out on the BB - NL6 MSS

• drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      Hey,

I have watched some tutorials and it put me thinking.

If we play NL2, NL5 or NL6 MSS and we hit the 50BBs and want to sit out, why do we need to wait for the BB?
      Is it to see the maximum free hands possible before sitting out or are there more reasons which I am not getting?

Thanks,
      Pedro
  • 7 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Hey drakgun

well each time we pay the blinds we pay to see one round of cards so if you sit out before the big blind you aren't getting what you pay for essentially.

Imagine if we hit the 50 bb mark on the BU and sit out we miss out nearly a whole round of potential winnings. Say the next round we were going to get AA we forego that potential profit. if on the other hand we wait for for the big blind and on the way get no playable hands and just fold we don't lose anything
    • sergii1984
      sergii1984
      Gold
      but in the other hand if MSS player on BTN clicked sit out in the next BB (for example because he won all-in and has 80bb) its might be difficult for him how to play playable hands with stack 40bb+ (if he's never plays BSS)

conclusion: if you have 50bb+ and waiting for BB you must play extremely carefull !
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      its might be difficult for him how to play playable hands with stack 40bb+ (if he's never plays BSS)

ahh that's a good point because being deeper, things do get a bit more complex in decision making.

if you have 50bb+ and waiting for BB you must play extremely carefull !

+ 1
    • pitabread189
      pitabread189
      Bronze
      lmao there's nothing to be scared of, even 50/0 whales are probably profitable from non-blind spots
    • DodgyCharacter
      DodgyCharacter
      Basic
      I have watched some tutorials and it put me thinking.
      thinking is very hard on shorties, don't push your brain

conclusion: if you have 50bb+ and waiting for BB you must play extremely carefull !
      +1, that is correct! but only if you're a retard

lmao
      this
    • drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      Thanks for all your answers.

thinking is very hard on shorties, don't push your brain
      I don't get what you mean by shorties? Is it "micrps"?

All the best,
      Pedro
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Hey drakgun

I don't get what you mean by shorties? Is it "micrps"?

He means shortstackers