facing floats

• stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      How do we adjust to regluras that is calling alot on btn and floats/raise alot of our cbets? Right now on my fullring games there is alot of regulars calling btn vs my MP CO openings and I cant rely find a good way to punish them! :s_biggrin:

so if somebody have some tips how I should play flops that I brick and cant cbet down, plz tell me! :f_grin:
  • 4 replies
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Silver
      1. Well, if the board is like 78Tdd and misses you, and you have a stubborn or aggro opponent, not c-betting at all is way better than c-betting just once and giving up :) Nothing's wrong with that.

2. Check his fold 2cbet flop and turn frequencies. If you see that he's floating a lot of flops, but folding later, plan to 2 or even 3 barrel on appropriate runouts. If he does not like to fold at all - just value bet more thinly.

3. VS the guys who x/r a ton, don't be afraid to click it back sometimes. For example if you are the PFR and flop comes K52r and villain c/raises, he's repping so thin that clicking it back works really often.

4. Pretty cool line I often use is vs guys who automatically stab no matter what vs my missed c-bet is x/r as pfr and barrel good cards later :)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i think keeping it simple makes the most sense. you ask how to play on flops that you brick and that you cant cbet - as pkrpains said, no shame in just rolling over and letting him win his pot. he has position and he will float you a lot anyway so just give it over. also if ur gunna take that line then having a x/c flop range is good because now look at him with his spam IP vs missed cbet. same on the turn - have a cbet flop-x/c turn range. just always plan for future streets.

punish them by letting them float you when you have decent bluffcatchers or sth. if he is actually floating (and u aren't just being paranoid :D ) then hes just trying to win the pot IP so you shouldnt let him do it. do the opposite to what he wants you to do
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      thx alot for comments!
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      the adjust worked relly good to day! thx alot for the support! cant belive I have had sush a tuff time to figuerd it out before.. :f_biggrin: