This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

facing floats

• stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      How do we adjust to regluras that is calling alot on btn and floats/raise alot of our cbets? Right now on my fullring games there is alot of regulars calling btn vs my MP CO openings and I cant rely find a good way to punish them! :s_biggrin:

so if somebody have some tips how I should play flops that I brick and cant cbet down, plz tell me! :f_grin:
  • 4 replies
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Silver
      1. Well, if the board is like 78Tdd and misses you, and you have a stubborn or aggro opponent, not c-betting at all is way better than c-betting just once and giving up :) Nothing's wrong with that.

2. Check his fold 2cbet flop and turn frequencies. If you see that he's floating a lot of flops, but folding later, plan to 2 or even 3 barrel on appropriate runouts. If he does not like to fold at all - just value bet more thinly.

3. VS the guys who x/r a ton, don't be afraid to click it back sometimes. For example if you are the PFR and flop comes K52r and villain c/raises, he's repping so thin that clicking it back works really often.

4. Pretty cool line I often use is vs guys who automatically stab no matter what vs my missed c-bet is x/r as pfr and barrel good cards later :)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i think keeping it simple makes the most sense. you ask how to play on flops that you brick and that you cant cbet - as pkrpains said, no shame in just rolling over and letting him win his pot. he has position and he will float you a lot anyway so just give it over. also if ur gunna take that line then having a x/c flop range is good because now look at him with his spam IP vs missed cbet. same on the turn - have a cbet flop-x/c turn range. just always plan for future streets.

punish them by letting them float you when you have decent bluffcatchers or sth. if he is actually floating (and u aren't just being paranoid :D ) then hes just trying to win the pot IP so you shouldnt let him do it. do the opposite to what he wants you to do
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      thx alot for comments!
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      the adjust worked relly good to day! thx alot for the support! cant belive I have had sush a tuff time to figuerd it out before.. :f_biggrin: