Omaha climbing!

• Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Greetings! I'm a 20 year old guy from Sweden. I've been playing poker since the day I turned 18 but been playing more seriously the last 10 months. I had an early good run which brought me to nl50 pretty quickly and by the end of august i was taking some shots on nl100. Unfortunately they all failed pretty hard and that led to a downswing which hurt me pretty bad and i was kind of depressed for a while. After struggling for a month playing my C-game i bought lessions from a mindgame coach (Erik Stenquist) which helped me alot, i really mean ALOT. After getting back to the grinding my mind was very stable but it felt like holdem lost it's fun to me so I started looking into MTTs and then finally omaha; the game of the future! Feeling more motivated than ever together with a better mindset than before, I started watching videos teaching the basics of the game. After some grind i got to feel the swings of the game and decided that if I'm going to play seriously I need to have a strict BRM and thats why I'm here.

My plan is to grind my way up through the stakes, playing mainly at a swedish site.

I'm starting my Bankroll at 330ish$ and playing at the lowest stake which is around plo8$.

I will move up to the next stake when i have:
      50BI @plo8 :diamond: Moving down at 45BI @ plo8
      70BI @plo16 :diamond: Moving down at 65BI @ plo16
      100BI @plo32 :diamond: Moving down at 90BI @ plo32
      200BI @plo70 :diamond: Moving down at 180BI@ plo70

My goals for January:

:diamond: 30k hands
      :diamond: At least 30 hours a week
      :diamond: Watch at least 5 plo videos
      :diamond: Follow my BRM
      :diamond: Stay away from tournaments, only exception is on sundays

I hope it's not too messy for you to read through. It's late and I'm tired :P

(1BI is 100bb)
  • 136 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Skojj,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

So PLO is your game of choice now. Sadly I totally suck at PLO so maybe I'll follow this blog and learn something. :f_biggrin:

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Skojj,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

So PLO is your game of choice now. Sadly I totally suck at PLO so maybe I'll follow this blog and learn something. :f_biggrin:

Happy Grinding

Laz

Thank you! :) Hehe yeah hopefully, I won't post many hands (if any at all) before I've reached plo32.

The first 3k hands has gone OK, I've been runing really bad and I'm tons behind EV but since the players are so bad at this limit i've still managed to win a few buy ins which makes the roll big enough for plo16.
      Hopefully plo16 will go pretty fast so that I can play plo32 by the start of february.

Ow, and i folded four of a kind aswell, that was kind of hurtful :s_cry:
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Wow we have a PLO reinessance lately! Gl!

Regards,

Skod
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Skojj

Ow, and i folded four of a kind aswell, that was kind of hurtful :s_cry:
      :O
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      GL, keep HHs from Svenska Spel coming, they're always a fun read as the field there is awesome :f_love: ; many of us, non-Swedish PLOlers, would love to have been born there just for the sake of being allowed to play at that site.
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      @skod thx! ive been watching some of your videos, i like them alot!
      @tony hehe yeah but it's quite tilting when u run bad (which im doing atm)

Been running SOOOOOOO bad the last couple of days

Lost quite alot in tonights session aswell but couldn't do anything about it. You cant win at omaha when you lose every all in situation :p

Since people who CALL shoves, often mucks their hand making the HM2 give me no -EV when i win flips and etc. Apparently you get a decent view of the real EV if u lower it by 30BB/100. That still makes my last 4k hands 25ish BI under EV though.
      I'm hoping for a goodrun today! Or at least a decent one lol
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Don't mislead the Pokerstrategy public, we both know that tracking soft calculates the EV line at SvS incorrectly because opponents don't show losing hands, and ~30 bb/100 should be subtracted from the EV line to get the real picture :s_evil:

But yeah, even with that correction, I can see well that you indeed ran bad :f_cry: , well, that's already the past, think what to do in the present :s_cool:
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      Don't mislead the Pokerstrategy public, we both know that tracking soft calculates the EV line at SvS incorrectly because opponents don't show losing hands, and ~30 bb/100 should be subtracted from the EV line to get the real picture :s_evil:

But yeah, even with that correction, I can see well that you indeed ran bad :f_cry: , well, that's already the past, think what to do in the present :s_cool:
      Yeah it's automuck if you call the all in but by making it 0.01 cent less than what you have, makes most ppl just shove the extra cent in. But yeah indeed sometimes when they dont the graph is somewhat incorrect
      Ill edit it in under the graph though.
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      I had to move back to the lowest stake again after yesterday. Went pretty solid today, didn't play very much but I managed to win 800ish BB over 1k hands.
      I'll probably won't play more until tomorrow. It's sunday though and I might take like half the day of or so! Im going to put in some serious volume next week :)
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Had a pretty good session tonight and won some buy ins! A few more of these days and I'm back to the next stake!

I played way to tight but had a couple of maniacs so I didn't wanna fight too much with them without a good starting hand. It payed of good so I shouldnt complain.
      Tomorrow I'll get in at least 2 sessions and hopefully before everyone goes to bed so I don't have to 2-table.. lol
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      So the last 3 days I've won 20ish BI and I'm about 6 away from moving up in stakes. Don't really got anything interesting to show since its like 80% fishes so there aren't many interesting spots. It will probably be the same on the stake aswell lol.
      The fishes, at least most of them, are permanent and return pretty much every day so I'm starting get some info on them aswell as stats, making most decisions much easier.

Hopefully I'll run good when I move up to plo16 again. Don't want to lose big and be stuck grinding on the lower tables. The villains are basicly just as bad on both levels so going up as fast as possible is +EV for sure!

Tomorrow I'm going to watch some PLO live action video and try to play about 1k hands. You can only play up to 5 tables at the same time at the site so getting big volume is quite hard, at least time consuming. Got some other plans tomorrow aswell so it's going to be pretty stressful!
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      I made my way to plo16 tonight and got a few hands in before i stopped aswell.

Not too interesting but it's something

This hand is vs an aggro fish. I kind of expect him to bluff almost every turn and river, people like him love middle card boards and it doesnt hit much of my range either so I'm not thinking of folding ever, against someone like him. A few times he will show up will the flush but many times he's just going to have lots of halfmade hands or complete air. If the board pairs though, things would be really interesting!

Boss $100.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 4 players -
      Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 9 :club: 8 :heart: T :club: 7 :diamond:
      CO raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $12, 2 folds, CO calls $8.50

Flop: ($25.50) 9 :diamond: T :diamond: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($25.50) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $19.12, Hero calls $19.12

River: ($63.74) 7 :club: (2 players)
      CO bets $47.80, Hero calls $47.80

Final Pot: $159.34
      CO shows J :heart: Q :heart: A :spade: T :heart:
      Hero shows 9 :club: 8 :heart: T :club: 7 :diamond:
      Hero wins $155.36
      (Rake: $3.98)

This one is is kind of standard, I could 4bet pre but I decided to just flat since the 3better is some kind of reg I expect him to bet almost every flop that hit my range. The flop is great and I decided to go check/call when the preflop raiser cbets. The turn is a blank, the initial raiser checks his hand which probably missed completely and the extremly passive fish on the BTN shoves for a almost a pot sized bet. Since I just need 25% to make the call B/E it's pretty easy but since his AF was 0.8 I don't expect him to have anything worse than top 2. Most likely 88, I got 20% against that hand but of course every player can get out of line but I really wasn't happy with that spot.

Boss $100.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 3 players - View hand 2403733
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with A :club: K :spade: J :diamond: Q :diamond:
      BTN calls $1, Hero raises to $4, BB raises to $13, BTN calls $12, Hero calls $9

Flop: ($39.00) 8 :spade: Q :heart: A :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $27.00, BTN calls $27, Hero calls $27

Turn: ($120.00) 4 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $115.45, Hero calls $115.45, BB folds

River: ($350.90) 5 :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $350.90
      BTN shows 8 :heart: 3 :club: 8 :diamond: 7 :spade:
      BTN wins $342.13
      (Rake: $8.77)

Anyways, I ran really good today and think I played just as well. Tomorrow I'm going to continue grinding at plo16, won't go up in stakes until I have 70BI so it's probably gonna take some grinding before that happens but I'm staying motivated so I'm sure I'll get there eventually!
    • FerlichL
      FerlichL
      Bronze
      Nice blog and keep up a good run!

2nd hand i think you could C/R OTF because of 3b preflop.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Nice... Keep up the grind...

P.S. I'd probably still bet flop in hand 1... Soo much easier to play than to bluffcatch, as we'd hate to see any broadway.

Regards,

Skod
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      @Fer Thanks! :) Yeah I thougt about it but for a while but since I just called the 3b to let him bluff, I wanted to let him continue betting. But yeah could've shoved there

@Skod, I often get minraised in that spot and then I have to fold (I guess?) I just wanted to keep the pot small but yeah there are many scarecards out there that could improve his hand. Do you still think I should bet the flop when the villain is very aggressive? It feels like I'm missing value since I dont expect him to call with worse and if he raises I'm in a hard spot.
      Maybe thats too much NLHE thougts ?(
      Please let me know if you'd still bet the flop!

Anyways played like 1300 hands and ended it about breakeven. Did not happen too much but there was less fish on the tables today than it usually is! Still like 2 per table so I can't complain but I'm used to 4 :p
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Played about 1700 hands today and made almost 10 BI's! Felt really good, I'm doing okay on my volume so far and everything just flows on. Tomorrow I'll watch one or two strat videos!

Found this hand that I played a few weeks ago. I should have made the reraise bigger when he raised me on the flop. the turn is just a nightmare lol!

Boss $200.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players - View hand 2405375
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $696.50 - VPIP: 40, PFR: 5, 3B: 2, AF: 1,1, Hands: 132
      SB: $1232.41 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 28, 3B: 14, AF: 2,6, Hands: 169
      BB: $360.58 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: 2,3, Hands: 768
      UTG: $646.16 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 32, 3B: 11, AF: 2,3, Hands: 266
      Hero (CO): $334.67 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 3,0, Hands: 32593

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with Q :heart: 9 :heart: A :spade: Q :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, BB calls $5

Flop: ($15.00) K :club: Q :club: K :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $11.25, BB raises to $36.50, Hero raises to $73.75, BB calls $37.25

Turn: ($162.50) K :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($162.50) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $121.87, Hero folds

Final Pot: $162.50
      BB wins $121.87
      (Rake: $4.06)

Can't see him have anything but a king here
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi,

yeah i'd always bet there... cause it's great for agro players to see you can fold there. Next time you bet with a flush and they raise thinking you'll fold = monieez :D

The last hand is too sick to comment :D
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      I always like to follow omaha players progress (probably because I secretly want to play plo regularly :) )
      So, i will definitely follow this blog, gl mate!

ps I'm little cinfused with numbers in OP and hands later in thread, (PLO32, PLO70?) are you playing in some other currency so these are values in$? That would make sense cause you are not probably playing PLO100 yet? :)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      He's playing in Swedish kronas, $1 ~ 6.47 SEK. So PLO$31 stands for SEK 1/2, PLO$62 - SEK 2/4, etc.