turn play 3bet pott

• stttNNN
      How should I play the turn in this spot. A fish calls a 3bet as a caller wish to me looks like a set mine or SC and the flop is not the best one. So I bet half pott here with plan to fold to any raise. when he calls it feels like he got the set to me.. couse why would he just call the flop if hit like a AXs flush draw.. so the turn play get relly ugly to me and feels like i will just putt money in to hes mouth if i go all in here.. :f_biggrin: but what I did not rely had time to think about is that the turn gives me the OSED witch gives me a some kind of equtiy that can be good if we barrel all in here in to a set and well sometime he can have some garbish allso and hit the fold button.

But well, I did chk this turn with the plan to call if he push couse then he maybe will have some bluffs and semi bluffs that I beat. but instead of beting out he chks back and I make trips on the RIV but the flush draw hits and Qx and 7x have strights now. So my plan on riv is to chk call witch i rely after all think is the biggest misstake couse we are not beating mush here that he will bet out and skip to take showdown with :f_mad:

my main question for the hand tho is if I should go all in on the turn here? when i look at the hand after this now it seems like a good and std push..

(Sry if my english is not the best)

$5/$10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($464.53) 46bb
      CO ($2,809.50) 281bb
      BTN ($1,475.80) 148bb
      SB ($5,270.07) 527bb
      stttNNN (BB) ($938.38) 94bb

Pre-Flop: ($15, 5 players) stttNNN is BB J:club: J:spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $35, BTN calls $35, 1 fold, stttNNN raises to $150, CO folds, BTN calls $115

Flop: 8:diamond: 4:heart: 9:diamond: ($340, 2 players)
      stttNNN bets $170, BTN calls $170

Turn: 10:spade: ($663.01, 2 players)
      stttNNN checks, BTN checks

River: J:diamond: ($663.01, 2 players)
      stttNNN checks, BTN bets $280, stttNNN calls $280
  • 4 replies
    • metza
      If he is a fish, I think definitely bet bigger on the flop for value. Its not like he only has sets here and I think you miss a lot of value by only making it half pot. There are a lot of different types of fish, the passive ones will call Axs FD on the flop, the aggressive ones will jam it. If he's fishy he also has 8x/9x/gutshots/oesd on the flop too. You definitely are thinking the right way when you 3b huge for value vs fish, but gotta follow it up on the flop imo.

If you bet like 250 on the flop, then jam 600 into 840 that should work nice. On the turn vs fish its a pretty nice card and I think overpair+FD should be pretty happy to get it in vs fishy villain.

As played I think river is a fold which obviously sucks cos you made a set. But it depends on his stats. There are some fish that dont realize/ignore 4 to a straight boards so vs some ppl it might be ok to call.
    • booomm
      what kind of fish is vilain ? like 90/2 or 34/17 or whatever?
      regardless, bet bigger otf, like 190ish, or even bigger, board is so wet, we don't have the J :diamond: wich would block a ton of his oesd/fd, so we just be bigger with the plan to jam any brick on the turn. now T :spade: completes few gutshots, but we block most of them and 76o etc.. but we can't be drawing dead and fish could def call with worse (A :diamond: T :diamond:) or whatever, so slam dunk jam on the turn it should be sthing like 550 into 750, if he got us, fuck him, we still have position on him we stack him in the next few hands anyway :f_biggrin: .
      as played I shed a tear and call expectig to win only vs TT and some wierdly played 88/99

edit: check his river agg%, no point in calling if it is sthin like 35/30/5 (f/t/r)
    • stttNNN
      thx alot for comments!

in the futher i will try to think more about my stacksize so I have better price to jam on turn :)
      Yeah, I believe you should continue ott very hapily vs fish.