ICM trainer mistake?

• Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze

http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yayicmtraineroi8.jpg
      if the image doesnt show up click the link above.

if that doesnt work... basically, hero is on SB with 8 6 suited. folded to him.
      Hero is on 3,260 chips
      BB is on 2,160 chips
      blinds are 50/100

As far as i can see this isnt even an ICM descision. ICM only comes into effect <14BB, both players are >20BB

even then, shipping 86s for a potential loss of 20+ BB and a potential gain of 1.5BB seems ridiculous.

i've seen questions like this pop up from time to time and they seem to be the ones i get wrong, just wondering if there is some article relating to ICM when 21BB deep that i didnt read... :evil:
  • 6 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      even icm trainer is bad beating you...

lmao...

I think it's a mistake... Atleast it doesn't make sense to me
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

We can push a wide range in a spot like this. We cant be knocked out as we have the larger stack. The BB has a very small calling range here, as he is in a comfortable situation at present. Even if he does make a call, we have 2 live cards.

Remember, the tigher the players calling range, the looser we push.

99% of people in SnG's cant manage a big stack. We need to boss these guys about with our huge amount of FE.

BTW, only pushing less than 14BB's is a common mistake. We can push a bigger stack if we think a player wont respect a normal raise. eg. a player bluffs alot. Although we should pick our spots wisely!

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Risk Vs Reward...

Is a theory i've been reading and pushing that big stack for 150 chips doesn't make any sense

We can push a bigger stack if we think a player wont respect a normal raise. eg. a player bluffs alot. Although we should pick our spots wisely!

Stealing blinds at this level vs a dude that fights for his bb aint smart... If he fights for his bb just fold it... If not standard raise.... And donk will probably min raise with his AA and give you odds too call with your 86s and flop straight flush.... Damn I've almost forgot how easy poker is.

But I'm probably wrong like always :(

cannell proof me wrong :)

Even if he does make a call, we have 2 live cards.

Makes sense for your limits maybe :) but I've played from $1 up to grinding $11 now and well vs these donks I want to get my chips in ahead so early on...
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I have forwarded this to the guys from the education department - to double check the code/etc :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Hey guys,

We can push a wide range in a spot like this. We cant be knocked out as we have the larger stack. The BB has a very small calling range here, as he is in a comfortable situation at present. Even if he does make a call, we have 2 live cards.

99% of people in SnG's cant manage a big stack. We need to boss these guys about with our huge amount of FE.

BTW, only pushing less than 14BB's is a common mistake. We can push a bigger stack if we think a player wont respect a normal raise. eg. a player bluffs alot. Although we should pick our spots wisely!

Best regards,
      Stiev
      im not disputing the fact that in some situations, it may be ok to push this hand, what i am asking is why ICM trainer would even come up with a situation that is clearly not an ICM decision.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Hey guys,

Best regards,
      Stiev
      this is 100% right.

As for why ICM trainer would come up with this question for you? Imagine you're in this spot with 86s and 4 other regulars. It could be that the only viable option for you could really be push or fold.

If u want to only have <10-14BB choices, you can set the blind levels to higher on the options to the right.

(btw I don't suggest anyone to push here even into a reg. Because a reg will realise u would never push here with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT or AK, AQs, etc. so they can very safely call you with their middle-big hands)