Lovely $55K freeroll, 1000 players and top software!!

• PotWolf
      PotWolf
      Basic
      Betfair has got some wonderful software well mixed with lots of very crazy players on low levels and very good players with some very few total idiots on the higher levels.

One very popular freeroll is the USD 55.000 prize pool one, starting with 1000 players, 9 seats to next level. This tournament goes on at many, many times a week before the Sunday main $55K event.

There is also all kinds of cheap tournaments going on, also deep stack ones.

I have been playing on every level at the Betfair software tables all the time since even before they bought this software from Pokerchamps.

My games on these tables and with this software up against these crazy players has been going on for many years now, and even though my poker programme list is filled up from screen top to bottom with places I've tried I always go back to Betfair and continue there.

The only thing which is a little pity is that the total number of players is not so very high. Actually it's quite bad compared to the big places online.

They also has been having some few problems with the server uptime at times.

Apart from that everything is just lovely! :-)

..and no - I am not paid by Betfair in any given way... :-))

I'm just a poker player.

See the Freeroll list here:

http://site.poker.betfair.com/promotions/item/itemId/i65768613/index.html?WT.svl=1
  • 13 replies
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      You should try Pokerstars.

They dont pay me to say it, but I still do. :)

Cause Im just a pokerplayer...

...enjoying poker.
    • PotWolf
      PotWolf
      Basic
      ..I've been playing in very many places, and there too, of course.

I just wanted to inform you all and hopefully get some more players to Betfair than what it now is....

...and hopefully more poor players too...!! ;-)))

When you play in there a lot it's like you meet the same players over and over again and that's not so fun. :-)

Cheers & All in! :-)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      'I have been playing on every level at the Betfair software tables.'

wow. that's pretty sick.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      'I have been playing on every level at the Betfair software tables.'

wow. that's pretty sick.
      haha i was thinking the same thing!
      but hey, you know how it is with poker.. once you're up, once you're down lol
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Hey Potwolf, you do realize that Betfair is already a PokerStrategy affiliate, yes? So there's no need for your advertisement spam on here. :rolleyes:

Edith says: I even added a link now. :tongue:
    • PotWolf
      PotWolf
      Basic
      Not each and every, but free, low, middle and high - See..?? :-)
    • PotWolf
      PotWolf
      Basic
      And....

How on earth could this be called spam as long as I'm just an ordinary player...????

I play there because I love the software and the mix of the players, but I do miss more players at the tables. That's all.

And I have not been able to find any equal software or playing style anywhere else. Just the facts here.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Here's a quote from the Moderator FAQ (which I translated myself, and I don't think they mind if I post this):

However, if a member opens a thread with his first post in which it is only about advertising a product → will be deleted.

and

What we definitely don't want:
      * Explicit advertisement for a certain non-affiliated platform – thus if the main interest of the posting person is to advertise, and not to have a discussion.

Your very first post on this board, as a simple Basic player, which also happens to be the opening post of this thread, reads like an advertising pamphlet for Betfair. If Betfair hadn't been an affiliate already, your thread would have certainly been deleted, and you would have had a warning in your Inbox from one of our mods. :tongue:
    • PotWolf
      PotWolf
      Basic
      Of course we could certainly make this a discussion, no problem at all... :-)

As I said, this is only an information about the freerolls and about my own view to the software in use and players at the tables and all that shit, but ok...'

No personal view, just a discussion, so.....

Please tell me your own view, folks and pokerplayers and whoever being around in here....

With these great freerolls, lovely software, even though with some server problems from time to time, all kind of crazy players well mixed with very good players, moreover the higher you get in there, why on earth does Betfair not have anymore players than they do compared to lots and lots of other online poker sites???????

Now, that question should possibly create a great discussion, or..?? :-)))
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Maybe because BetFair sounds like BetFairy?
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Maybe because BetFair sounds like BetFairy?
      Congrats, you got me to type this --> LOL

and I dont bet fair anyway, I prefer to give them unfair odds to play

I play on BIG platforms with lots and lots of healthy chum, so when another shark invites me into thier smaller tank, I am initially cautious...
    • Ray3zor
      Ray3zor
      Bronze
      I've tried Betfair and the software sucks. It takes ages to load and slows down my computer to a snail's pace. It's also laid out very poorly and hard to navigate. The standard of play is pretty much what you would find anywhere else. :O
    • Ray3zor
      Ray3zor
      Bronze
      ...And the 55k freeroll is run via qualifiers every day of the week which have hundreds of people taking part with very few places up for grabs. Each qualifier takes 2-3 hours to complete - it's a major yawnfest. ;)