beat multi table micro without HUD?

• parikal
      parikal
      Bronze
      hi guys
      i play tight and solid,.
      is it possible for a tight player beat micro stack 8-12 tables in PS without HUD?
      do you know any pro players like elky or nanonoko useing HUD?
  • 14 replies
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Of course you can beat micro stakes games (especially zoom which has a really large player pool) without using a HUD, but why would you want to do that? Microstakes players have so many leaks and a HUD is the easy way to identify them. You are losing money imo if you can use a HUD and you don't.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Yes, it is definitely possible to beat mtt sng's HUDless, however, using a tracking software helps you with analysis of your own game too, so using them will most surely improve your game and potential winrate+ you will have some useful data about regular players at your level which will most certainly be useful; especially in late phase of mtt sng (easier determination of villian's push/call ranges is crucial in these games for example).

EDIT: Also, most of these softwares are free to use for some period (30 days usually if I remember good), so you can experience possibilities of such a software for free, and decide on your own whether to buy it afterwards or not. Therefore, no risk, mate, I advise you to try it out.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Adam001 beats 500NL w/o HUD AFAIK.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey parikal

I think the micro's are beatable without a HUD. Playing that many tables would hurt your win rate though. I think playing less tables, pay more attention and use the extra time to make notes is better.

I don't think playing zoom is great because it will be easier to pick up reads when you are on regular tables.

Best regards

RasTweet
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      OK now I don't get it anymore, i thought you are talking about 10 tables sngs (90ppl), now if you are speaking about multitabling cash games, I would assume that if you need to ask this kind of questions you should not play 10-12 tables cash games in the first place. Go step by step.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I remember Pleno1 beating NL10 and NL25 over a decent sample without a HUD a while back :)
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I started playing on Bovada this last year, and had to play without a HUD and vs Anonymous players. Initially it was a bit weird after being used to playing with the HUD, and maybe remembering players you have been up against before. But it didn't take long to get used to it. It was kind of good for my game i think, it forced me to pay attention to the action more.

Now i use Holdem Indicator on Bovada, but i can't really say that i pay that much attention to the stats. Most players are only at the table for 30-40 hands, so i just kind of glance at their VP/PFR to get an idea of what they are doing. You can track your play on Bovada now with HM2 or PT. You just have to use Ace Poker Solutions' Bovada HH Converter to import your hands. it makes playing there a lot better.

I would definitely do the free trial on Pokertracker or Holdem Manager if you can. It was one of the first things i purchased when i started, and it was most definitely worth it. I've tried both, and you really can't go wrong with either one.

And i agree about playing less tables. i only play 4 tables of cash. it might be good for your VPPs or whatever on Stars to play more hands, but your winrate will definitely suffer.
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by parikal
      i play tight and solid,.
      lol

HUD? HUD is for PUSSIES!
      I'm a bit tired of listening same stories day by day, when people think that they can't beat stakes only because they don't use a HUD(in most scenario they don't even know how to use, even if they have one). If you can't beat micros, there is no single reason to buy any tracking soft.

Why you have to play 8-12 tables with HUD, getting crappy rb, insted of focusing 4-6 tables? It's always
      nice to see these "24 table failed rakeback robots"

Yeah, probably they just don't use HUD, otherwise their game rock!

For Christ's sake, if you still are interested to waste money, try 90days trial version and at the beginning of summer post updates of your game. If it's gonna be the same:

I will pay you 50$

In few words - if you want to win cheeseburgers, than firstly you have to learn basics!
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      ^

I like your sarcasm... i guess :f_eek:
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hi,

With a good game plan and overall understanding Micros are definitely beatable without hud. However, that will reduce your winnings a lot, and by playing without hud you will have longer path towards bigger games.

I myself have been beating NL2/NL5 and NL10 without hud, but then we are talking about 2-4bb/100 on NL10. With Hud I can play at least 8bb/100 phase, so it makes my way up faster.

But indeed, it's definitely possible to beat micros w/o hud :) !
    • fpBoss
      fpBoss
      Basic
      Obviously you can beat them.

I'd actually recommend you to play the micros without a HUD. Therefore you force yourself to get reads (therefore I'd also recommend playing less tables like 4-6).

Too many players at the micros rely on the HUD and forget the rest.

Google an interview with Ben Eliass ( Boy Wonder ) and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    • ohmesohrny
      ohmesohrny
      Basic
      I think you can beat low limits w/o a hud, but why play without a hud when you could be winning more with one. They are relatively cheap these days and its a one time fee. Consider it an investment that will pay dividends more than anything you buy.

Each one has a free trial, so try it out, see if its working and then judge for your self if its worth it.

Heres a free trial for the one I use.

[Edited by HollyMichelle - Please note that we don't advertise this software therefore we cannot allow your link. I appreciate you trying to help but unfortunately, we cannot allow it.]
    • PookieBear
      PookieBear
      Basic
      You can definitely beat the micros without a HUD, but you lose all that practice of efficiently using your HUD later on. The micros is a chance to learn and refine the fundamentals in your game and is also a chance to do the same with your HUD. The more skilled players have learned how to setup and read their HUDs most effectively. You might as well get used to it now if you're going to use it later...
    • ohmesohrny
      ohmesohrny
      Basic
      Originally posted by PookieBear
      You can definitely beat the micros without a HUD, but you lose all that practice of efficiently using your HUD later on. The micros is a chance to learn and refine the fundamentals in your game and is also a chance to do the same with your HUD. The more skilled players have learned how to setup and read their HUDs most effectively. You might as well get used to it now if you're going to use it later...
      Very good point.