[NL20-NL50] nl25 QQ SH checkraising a turn

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      BU is 23/19 with went to showdown 44, fold to cbet 0 and turn aqq frequency of 48%
      SB is 40/5 with fold to C-bet 67

both over 50 hands

I think button cold calls me preflop with SCs or PPs to set mine, with anything powerful he would reraise me (with his 21/19 stats imo), SB cold calls me with I dunno practicly everything..

I decided to make a cbet on the flop so I would see where I stand (i mean it is a multiway pot and SB has high C-bet fold percentage)...

On the turn howewer I decide to make a check raise (BU has some turn aggresion in his stats) because:

-I think this makes me show more powerful like i have a set(if he has TPGK) plus if he is on a flush draw I can make more money when he semibluffs it, and also I hate to 2nd barrel OOP. And of course I value betting with 2nd pair because he has high WTS...

The river howewer brings a brick. If I raise, weaker hands fold, and made hands reraise or call, If I check howewer, busted Flush draws also check because they might be afraid of another check raise and TPGK check also because they might be afraid of a full house.

Is my thinking completley wrong?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($8.35)
      Button ($25)
      SB ($34.85)
      BB ($89.65)
      Hero (UTG) ($26.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
      Hero raises $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.75) 8, K, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, Button calls $2, 1 fold

Turn: ($6.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $4.50, Hero raises $10, Button calls $5.50

River: ($26.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks
  • 3 replies
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      I bet the turn.
      You can't let him check behind on the turn with two flush draws on the board.
      In addition, your QQ isn't strong enough to c/r, you don't want to built such a big pot there, and with that small raise you even give him the odds to call with a flush draw.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      So you hate to sb oop but a minc/r seems fine? Please explain me the logic behind this.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would c/c turn.
      Your c/r is too small to get flushdraw or Kx fold.
      I think also b/f turn is fine, since you can worse hands to call on the turn, but would you then c/f river if it is blank.
      By betting you build bigger pot oop, you can´t call re-raise and still have to fae difficult decision on the river. So I rather like c/c and decide on the river if I want to call another bet.