This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 QQ SH checkraising a turn

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      BU is 23/19 with went to showdown 44, fold to cbet 0 and turn aqq frequency of 48%
      SB is 40/5 with fold to C-bet 67

both over 50 hands

I think button cold calls me preflop with SCs or PPs to set mine, with anything powerful he would reraise me (with his 21/19 stats imo), SB cold calls me with I dunno practicly everything..

I decided to make a cbet on the flop so I would see where I stand (i mean it is a multiway pot and SB has high C-bet fold percentage)...

On the turn howewer I decide to make a check raise (BU has some turn aggresion in his stats) because:

-I think this makes me show more powerful like i have a set(if he has TPGK) plus if he is on a flush draw I can make more money when he semibluffs it, and also I hate to 2nd barrel OOP. And of course I value betting with 2nd pair because he has high WTS...

The river howewer brings a brick. If I raise, weaker hands fold, and made hands reraise or call, If I check howewer, busted Flush draws also check because they might be afraid of another check raise and TPGK check also because they might be afraid of a full house.

Is my thinking completley wrong?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($8.35)
      Button ($25)
      SB ($34.85)
      BB ($89.65)
      Hero (UTG) ($26.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
      Hero raises $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.75) 8, K, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, Button calls $2, 1 fold

Turn: ($6.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $4.50, Hero raises $10, Button calls $5.50

River: ($26.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks
  • 3 replies
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      I bet the turn.
      You can't let him check behind on the turn with two flush draws on the board.
      In addition, your QQ isn't strong enough to c/r, you don't want to built such a big pot there, and with that small raise you even give him the odds to call with a flush draw.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      So you hate to sb oop but a minc/r seems fine? Please explain me the logic behind this.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would c/c turn.
      Your c/r is too small to get flushdraw or Kx fold.
      I think also b/f turn is fine, since you can worse hands to call on the turn, but would you then c/f river if it is blank.
      By betting you build bigger pot oop, you can´t call re-raise and still have to fae difficult decision on the river. So I rather like c/c and decide on the river if I want to call another bet.