... and Keep Moving Forward. 2014

• wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze

*!*!*-----Update-----*!*!* [as of 2014.05.13]

So HELLO boyz and girlz :D

Wicked and his "Task Tables" are back !! :D :D

I've been really a HUGE LAZY and DEPRESSIVE ASS lately, and well ... I guess just "time has come" to put that to an end. ;) So ! I am starting with some sort of "daily schedule" [as well as my Task Table to simply track progress] AGAIN. :D Just this time I'm not going to keep fooling myself that "I'm an excellent worker" or smth, that I can "live poker", that I can follow very strict daily schedules and tasks, and so on and so forth - ALL that crap that I can be an ideal worker and poker player. No, no more of this. THIS TIME I'm just gonna start SMALL. And ENJOY THE PROCESS. Enjoy "small daily wins" by actually DOING this or that task. BUT ! since I'm still gonna be "my own boss", meaning "I can do whatever I want and whenever I want", I still think that at least SOME discipline IS actually a good thing. So that being said, "The Goal to aim" will be - to do 3 "perfect" working days per week. And I am NOT gonna "punish" myself in ANY way if I don't manage this goal every week, nor do I'm going to limit myself to JUST 3, if I feel like I can do another one day [let's see if that ever happens, though, lol :D :D :D ], because THE PURPOSE behind all of this is really simple, as stated above - to Enjoy The Process ! So I'm not going to be sad and "disappointed with myself" if I do just one "perfect" day per week, or even none ! The most important thing will be to enjoy My Life. That is what I'm going to be learning now. And if I do feel that today playing poker or doing some poker task is going to make me happy, then - I'm just gonna do it and ENJOY it ! :) Hehe :D So yeah ... NO MORE strict rules. NO MORE being sad and feeling like shit because I didn't do this or that task today, yesterday, or even for the whole week. NO MORE ! The most important thing is JUST TO ENJOY these things that WILL BE DONE because I WANTED TO.

But yeah, as I said at least some discipline as well as having some more "specific goals" IS actually good imo, so I will still try to aim for these "3 'perfect' working days per week". If that doesn't happen, then it just doesn't happen, oh well, "maybe next week", but still it is nice to have something to look forward to, "TO AIM". So yeah, this is how things are going to be now ! :) 80% of FUN + 20% of discipline :tongue: Mixing some tournaments and zoom :tongue: And I ABSOLUTELY don't care anymore what anyone else would say about this, so don't even bother - NOW I'm doing everything COMPLETELY MY WAY ! :f_cool:

So here is how my "Perfect Working Day" would look like now.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      11.50: Alarm clock.

12.00: Already sitting at the table for tournaments. Gonna be playing 3-4 regular tournaments now in the first part of the day + some 1-table 6max regular speed SnG's for $3.50 just to meet 4-tabling for a while + also important part - drinking a lot of water.

12.55-13.00: Quick break to make breakfast.

Not time specific: Continuing to play tournaments till bust-out or win.

Not time specific: When all tournaments are done: FULL ~50min workout, shower, dinner.

Not time specific: "Strategy and Learning" part. Anything to choose from: session reviews/hand posting/new videos/working on range estimation. Then a little break before zoom, preferably 'break from PC' in general.

19.00-01.00: Second part of the day is dedicated to zooming. With a lot of small breaks and few - BIG breaks, which includes a walk outside, small meal, general eye rest, public coachings, etc. The only requirement is to somehow reach 3.000 ZOOM hands per day in total.

01.00-02.00: Last meal and drinks for the day, 2 hours before sleeping at the latest !

02.00-03.30: Continue zooming.

04.00-11.50: Sleep time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if I DO MANAGE to do 3 of these per week then I really deserve a cookie from myself or smth :f_biggrin: And if I do 2 of these, well then ... I guess still a cookie :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: And if I do 1, well ... Then I guess it's just going to be "a pat on my shoulder", along with some words like "it is still much better than none, so ... be happy !" :D Aaaaand if I do NONE of these per week, well then ... No cookie, no pat, but still wicked IS happy, because there must be a reason why he didn't do any "perfect days" - he was too busy ENJOYING LIFE, muahaha ! :D :D So yeah, as I said - 80% of FUN + 20% of discipline :tongue:

Let's go go go ! :f_cool:

Aaaaaand you can find and OLD and VERY NAIVE OP here :D Leaving it on purpose, just to see how things are changing :f_cool:
      [spoil]"Old" words, but the NEW blog ! Let's start this 2014 year FRESH&RIGHT and KEEP MOVING FORWARD ! :f_cool:

[b][color=teal]INTRODUCTION[/b][/color]

The ultimate [b]PURPOSE[/b] here is to implement better daily routine/schedule, covering very important approach/attitude towards mental and physical strength - EAT better, REST better, EXERCISE more -, and IMPROVING at POKER in general.

To achieve this purpose, I'm gonna concentrate on these 4 major [b]GOALS[/b]:
      1. LIFE. Improve at daily tasks and habits.
      2. POKER. More analysis.
      3. POKER. Continue to study.
      4. POKER. More volume.
      X. And as a "side goal" let's put something very ambitious just for the sake of fun and thrill - reach NL200 by the end of the year, and start living just from poker! :D

And if you'd like to know more personal details about me [hidden in the spoiler] and my previous struggles, you can click here and visit my old blog. :)

[b][color=teal]MONITORING MY PROGRESS - TASK TABLE[/b][/color]

To monitor my progress towards achieving these goals, I'm gonna use this "Task Table":

* The basic form and "points" idea are borrowed from the fellow pokerstrategist

So the idea here is to simply do a task any given day, and get a "green cell" - 1 point. A "red cell" will mean failed task, therefore zero points. There is an example on Monday. And it is very important to note, that the "PR" column is NOT the GOAL here - it is put just to "have a feel" on what the "Perfect Run" amount of points would be now for me. And by the way, I think it is very important that these "perfect run" amounts would be set to be a very reasonable numbers, cause I'm quite done with overly optimistic, and not really achievable goals ;) So yeah, if I get, let's say, 3 points out of "PR" 4, it won't mean that it is bad. I will still be happy with myself, BUT also will be keeping in mind, that it should not become a habit, and that there's definitely room for improvement. Therefore, what IS THE [short-term] GOAL HERE - to beat the previous week's TOTAL score ! So if I get 10 points for the first week, then naturally I'll be aiming for at least 11 points for the next week. BUT ! if I do happen to collect less [or equal] points for the present "aiming" week than the week before [ex. first week I collect 10 points, and this - second - week I unfortunately collect 9 or the same 10 points] - I definitely won't consider this as a fail [IF! by all means, I was not purposely abusing it]. But it will bring me to THE [long-term] GOAL HERE - NEED for IMPROVEMENT. So now it will simply mean that I HAVE TO, MUST TO, OUGHT TO or whatever the strongest word might be here - I WILL HAVE TO BEAT MY LATEST HIGH-SCORE! So if the first week I get 10 points, second - 9 or 10, then the following (third) week I will absolutely will have to collect no less than 11 points.

SOME RULES

"Volume: x.xxx hands" - satellites and MTT's are NOT included here. Hitting the stop/loss too soon automatically equals to zero points, unfortunately.

"Post at least X hands" - hands that I played posted in our hand evaluation forums, WITH as much info as I can provide, and the link given here in the blog as a proof that I did the task.

"Wake up as planned" - meaning that usually I HAVE to wake up at 10.00, but sometimes can do an exception till MAX 11.30 for those mornings when I go to sleep later at night. Anything later than 10.00 for "regular" and 11.30 for "late-night" mornings won't be valid for a point.

"Better food and fluids management" - it basically means trying to occasionally add in my day some healthier/energy food, more vitamins, but the most important part here (the one that will reflect in points) for now will be concentrating on consistency: 3 or more normal meals a day, first being at ~12.00, and the last ~22.30, with the STRICT RULE of "No more food and fluids past 23.00!".

"Regular water drinking" - very simple: drink around 2 liters of water through the day, and that will be valid for a point.

"Regular stand-up and eye rest" - meaning an OBLIGATORY 5 minute break EVERY HOUR from sitting down too much and looking at the PC screen. If I'm not at the PC for any particular day, meaning my eyes are not overloaded in the first place, this automatically equals for a point.

"Go to sleep as planned" - meaning that usually I HAVE to start preparing for going to bed at 01.00, leaving myself a little under then 1hour to actually fall asleep and then have a proper 8hour rest from 02am till 10am. But I'm going to be very strict here considering points - anything later, EVEN if it is a "party" night, automatically gets zero points.

SOME GUIDELINES FOR MY DAILY ROUTINE

This is just a basic GUIDELINES of what I think would be kinda optimal for me right now regarding daily routine schedule. I will try to follow it as often as I can, but this is definitely NOT obligatory. The "Task Table" is much MUCH more important.

-----------------------------------------------
      10.00-11.30. Analysis part I: last day's sessions review. Hand post for evaluation.

11.30-12.30. Shower, breakfast, internet (forums, inbox, fb, etc.)

12.30-14.00. Short poker session and Analysis part II*.

14.00-15.00. Break from poker with occasional 45 min walk outdoors.

15.00-17.00. Learning part**.

17.00-18.00. Dinner, preparing for the grind.

18.00-23.55. Playing part***, including supper and occasional public coaching. If I hit stop/loss too soon, then, unfortunately, the "no more poker" break for the whole evening starts (except for public coachings) and recharging for tomorrow begins X(

00.00-01.00. NO MORE POKER****. Rest from anything related to it, maybe a tv-show, or a book, or smth.

01.00-02.00. Preparing to bed, successfully falling asleep. :heart:

8 hours of GOOD rest, and then everything happily all over again :f_love:
      -----------------------------------------------

* Analysis part. My own game review/analysis/leak finder, working with the tracking software and Equilab; MORE MATH !; opponents' analysis.

** Learning part. 95% of my focus will go to PLENO'S COURSE! for a first 3-4 weeks I suppose. Afterwards - hand reading exercise; browsing hand evaluation forum and reading hands posted by other members, maybe sometimes giving a comment (WHEN I'll feel confident enough to do so); public coachings; and definitely of course - watching new videos, and posting a summary or at least "my rating" here in the blog, in the same manner as before.

*** Playing part. So my main game will be NLHE 6-max ZOOM :s_cool: , stakes between NL25 and NL50, while I reach a comfortable BRM just for the sole NL50. Stop/loss is gonna be set to 3BI/day. Also, occasionally gonna throw-in a satellite here and there, especially on Saturday evenings, and almost full day on Sundays whenever possible, but it is NOT compulsory. The MAIN GAME and FOCUS is - ZOOM.

**** STRICT closing of ANYTHING related to poker at 23.55, giving me an hour before going to bed to "refresh" and clean my mind and properly prepare for a good night's sleep.

[b][color=teal]UPDATING[/b][/color]

The most important updates will be on Mondays, when I review/post my weekly "Task table" and weekly graph/results.

But also I'm still gonna be updating here almost daily, i.e. whenever I play a satellite (still gonna play those as before); whenever I watch a new video; whenever I do the task that needs proof to be posted; whenever I have a hand worth mentioning, whining-about :f_biggrin: , bragging-about :f_biggrin: , ashamed-of :f_frown: , or simply just interesting one; or whenever I just feel sad after a session and am looking for some comfort :f_biggrin: ; orrrrr I'm crazy happy about something :D So yeah ... These are the things to look forward here in this blog, if you happen to follow it :f_cool:

[align=center][b][size=30]So once again,

Let's KEEP MOVING FORWARD ! :s_cool: [/b][/size]
      [/align][/spoil]
  • 298 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Incredible, just incredible.

You really live poker. So you decided to work on poker for about 10h every day. This is even more than regular job :D . Do you have a plan to rest one day during the week to recharge your batteries or you have a plan just to work hard day after day?

I wish you all good luck on your journey and i am sure you will reach NL200 soon with such discipline and hard work. I hope also EV line will work for you this years.

Good luck and i looking forward to your updates.
    • pitabread189
      pitabread189
      Bronze
      With this dedication you'll reach your goals for sure!
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      So you decided to work on poker for about 10h every day
      No no, man, you misunderstood me a "little" :D Yeah, I WISH I had THAT MUCH willpower ... :f_eek: :f_grin: :f_biggrin: Anyway, the whole "guidelines" thing was exactly what it is called - JUST the guidelines :) a suggestion, or an observation, I might call it as well :) The IDEA on how to effectively manage my time throughout the day. But it is definitely not only NOT obligatory but also it is not even the goal to work for about 10h EVERY DAY - the AIM is to do something similar to that ~4 out of 7 days :) The whole daily schedule is just a suggestion on how I could manage my time to get the best results :) But the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that TASK TABLE :) And you'll see there that most of the tasks are aimed to be done 4 times a week :) and not necessarily all at the same days, meaning that one day I might choose just analyzing and learning parts for ~4 hours but no playing, and the other day I skip the first ones, and just do playing part for ~4-5 hours. Sometimes I of course will try to squeeze everything for that ~10hours, but I really doubt it will be that often, if ever :) My goal here is not in the quantity, but in the quality and CONSTANT improvement :) So I will definitely have still a lot of free time :) But hopefully the further I go, the less of free time I will have :) At least that's the plan :D
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pitabread189
      With this dedication you'll reach your goals for sure!
      Thx man for nice words ! :f_thumbsup:
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      Are u my twin brother i don't know?
      Your nickname here is my Partypoker Nickname. And u have some Rocky Quote in your blog title, so do i. And was about to make a life/poker schedule aswell. :D

Will Follow.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Varune
      Are u my twin brother i don't know?
      Your nickname here is my Partypoker Nickname. And u have some Rocky Quote in your blog title, so do i. And was about to make a life/poker schedule aswell. :D

Will Follow.
      Haha, good one ! :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: Well but just so it happens that "wicked" is my nickname almost everywhere for ages, and as for Rocky - Best Movie EVER for me ;) I see a LOOOOT of things there, most probably one is not even thinking about the same things 95% of the time as I do when watching this movie :) but aaaanyway, yeah, it is a nice coincidence then :D but WHERE can I follow YOU ? :P
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      but WHERE can I follow YOU ?
      Here:

This is How Winners are made! NL200
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by seranpoker
      but WHERE can I follow YOU ?
      Here:
      This is How Winners are made! NL200
      Thanks ! :f_thumbsup:
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      [color=indigo][b]"The Red Line" by Pleno1 from his "Ultimate Guide to Crushing 6max in 2014" package[/b]
      Duration: 54 minutes
      My rating: 10/10 :f_love: [/color]

So today I watched the first video from Pleno's package, and I must say that IT IS very good :P Or at least felt like it :D Very nice to see a video from Pleno where he's not doing "the usual" live-playing and commenting, but he is JUST talking STRATEGY. Very informative, very well delivered, and by no doubt will be very useful for my game in the future.

Now I asked Pleno if I may do some notes, mini-"summary" here in my blog of his videos from this package, just for myself of course, to better realize the content and also have a "proof" that I did my today's "study old video task", so if he responds positively, tomorrow I'm gonna do this :) And as for today, regarding my TaskTable, point will go for "watching a new video", so it is still good :) And if he responds negatively, then I'll just have to do this "notes" things for myself obviously anyway, but just not here, aaaaand it won't be valid for a point in my TaskTable, unfortunately :) But anyway, to sum up, first video of the package is great, can't wait to watch more ! :f_love:
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Ok, so today I posted a few simple but still questionable hands [cause I'm reviewing my game from the very bottom - fundamentals] from yesterday's sessions into our hand evaluation forum. Here's a proof for my TaskTable:

Hand no.1

Hand no.2

Hand no.3

Hand no.4
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Here are two nice hands for those who still say that there are not enough fish in NL50 :f_biggrin:

Hand no.1:
      BTN: $46.50 (93 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $81.41 (162.8 bb)
      UTG: $74.57 (149.1 bb)
      MP: $85.88 (171.8 bb)
      CO: $54.23 (108.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: K:heart:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4.75, BB folds, UTG raises to $15, Hero calls $10.25

Flop: ($30.50) 6:diamond: 8:spade: J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $20, Hero raises to $35 and is all-in, UTG calls $15

Turn: ($100.50) 2:club: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($100.50) T:spade: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $100.50 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 6:diamond: 8:spade: J:heart: 2:club: T:spade:
      Hero showed K:diamond: K:heart: and won $98 ($48 net)
      UTG showed A:diamond: K:club: and lost (-$50 net)

Hand no.2:
      BTN: $60.98 (122 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $39.32 (78.6 bb)
      UTG: $77.54 (155.1 bb)
      MP: $25.17 (50.3 bb)
      Hero (CO): $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2:diamond: A:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) 9:heart: 2:club: A:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50, BTN folds

Turn: ($13.75) T:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $33, Hero raises to $44 and is all-in, BB calls $0.32 and is all-in

River: ($80.39) 3:spade: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $80.39 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 9:heart: 2:club: A:heart: T:spade: 3:spade:
      BB showed A:club: Q:club: and lost (-$39.32 net)
      Hero showed 2:diamond: A:spade: and won $77.89 ($38.57 net)

And here is a nice hand on "how to punish the fish" :f_biggrin: Just the fish this time in the hand is ME :D :D :D

BTN: $71.25 (142.5 bb)
      SB: $59.49 (119 bb)
      BB: $35.85 (71.7 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $72 (144 bb)
      MP: $13.59 (27.2 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8:diamond: 5:diamond: , veeery loose open, I know, but opened this from UTG just because both BB and BTN were huge fishes
      Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN raises to $3.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $2

and since the fish min 3bets, I'm pretty sure that it is either complete crap or premiums, and getting awesome price, so I call

Flop: ($7.75) K:spade: 4:spade: 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

obviously peeling one on this flop

Turn: ($18.75) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $13.50, Hero raises to $63 and is all-in, BTN calls $48.75 and is all-in

and now I'm 99% sure that he either has Aces, or AK, soooo we happily x/shove ... waiting to tilt the guy hard :f_biggrin:

River: ($143.25) 4:heart: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

buuuuut just so it happens that the board pairs, and the calling-station-fish-wicked is tilted instead :D

BTN showed A:spade: A:diamond: and won $140.75 ($69.50 net)
      Hero showed 8:diamond: 5:diamond: and lost (-$71.25 net)
      getting your money in while 82% favorite, but JUSTICE PREVAILS !! :D

[b]And now HERE is a very weird hand :D I'm quite embarrassed about it, cause I played it veeeeery weird and poor imo ... BUT ! the whole FUN here is to guess what we both me and villain had in this hand ! :D [size=16][color=crimson]So if anyone by chance is still following this blog, come and dare to guess both our holdings here, and I'll give you $10 if you're playing on poker stars[/color][/size][/b] :D

BTN: $132.74 (265.5 bb) Villain is relatively unknown, but I think already has a slight tendency to high aggression (after 16 hands 25-25, 3bet 16, 3bet from BTN 33, af 2.0)
      SB: $46.25 (92.5 bb)
      BB: $61.53 (123.1 bb)
      UTG: $33.98 (68 bb)
      MP: $36.93 (73.9 bb)
      Hero (CO): $51.61 (103.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with XX
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero raises to $9.75, BTN calls $5.75

Flop: ($20.25) J:spade: 4:spade: Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $12.25, BTN calls $12.25

Turn: ($44.75) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($44.75) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $17.50, BTN raises to $110.74 and is all-in, Hero calls $12.11 and is all-in

Results: $103.97 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: J:spade: 4:spade: Q:diamond: 8:heart: 8:club:
      BTN showed YY
      Hero showed XX
      :f_biggrin:

Guess'ers so far: :D
      TinoLaan: Hero - AJo, Villain - 6:s5
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      imo you're both on kinda capped ranges sooooo

You have AJo and villain has a retarded bluff with 65 of spades :coolface:
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      imo you're both on kinda capped ranges sooooo

You have AJo and villain has a retarded bluff with 65 of spades :coolface:
      Your guess is accepted :D Thank you for participating ! :D :D Results will be next week :D
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Here's another four hands posted in evaluation for today's TaskTable:

Hand no.1

Hand no.2

Hand no.3

Hand no.4
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Not only (it turns out) I put-in so little hands per hour, but today also hit a stop-loss very soon ... :( crap ... :f_cry:
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Five hands posted in evaluation for today's TaskTable:

Hand no.1

Hand no.2

Hand no.3

Hand no.4

Hand no.5
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      your motivation motivates me :f_love:
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      your motivation motivates me :f_love:
      And You, sir, by all means motivate me ! :D :f_love: Nice for you to stop by here ! It might be stupid, but I still feel kinda honored :D :f_love:

Yeah, but the truth is, I'm nothing compared to you volume-wise ... So far I suck big time there :( But I hope it is just the beginning, while I'm learning new stuff [your pack :f_love: ], and also reviewing my crappy fundamentals in the first place ... So for that reason decided to 2-table, and think a LOT during hands, and about ALL of them, so the volume goes reaaaaaaly slow ...
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      So great...what a 2014 for you so far....i think in previous blog there were only me and you. I don't know if 2 more guys were following you. And right now there is also Pleno. I would feel honored to, but tbh i don't deserve attention of such a great players :f_cool: .

I am happy that you impress also other players right now and not just me. Now you can see i was right before :f_cool: .

So great job Sir. Keep Moving FORWARD.