cedhabs

• cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Silver
      What is your motivation for playing poker?

I often play this game and I love it. The thrill of thinking about everything to make the best decision is something undescriptable. I want to become one of the best at this game and be able to play many games and my dream is to be part of the WSOP.

What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I'm easy to make tilt. I have a hard time to stop playing when I see everything going bad that day. I'm very impatient and tend to be lunatic. I have hard time folding monster hand even if I know i'm losing. I just don't know if I should be Tight agressive or loose agressive. I don't take time to think a second time before taking a decision. Players that are very lucky and get cocky with it tend to make me tilt. big bad beat get me very frustrated. I tend to say to people what I think of they play when they play bad.

What does it mean to play tight aggressive

It means to play selective range of hand and playing them agressively. It also means to put pressure with a betting strategy to get information to know if you can take the pot with a bluff or not
  • 5 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey cedhabs

Welcome to the beginner's course and to pokerstrategy.com. There are a lot of cool things this site offers on top of the beginner's course. I urge you to check out our Free Money Offers for one, because being tracked grants you access to a alot of new material (videos, articles etc). Also why not introduce yourself to the gang, we'd love to hear more about your story.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the course and Bogdan our coach will be by in the coming days to check your homework.

Regards,
      Luke
    • cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Silver
      What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

Maybe I would raise in Middle position with hand like KQ suit or pocket like 99 or 88, From the chart I learn that I should less be playing hand like QJ aggressively

Do you have questions about your preflop play?

I'm wondering if you shouldn't be calling more with low pocket or hand like t9s JTs when the opponent limp hand UTG

What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

AKo vs 88 = 48%, AKo vs AJs = 65%, AKo vs KQs = 65%, these are my approximation, I didn't use the equity, I say it like I was in a tournment and want to calculate
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello cedhabs,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first and second homework.

With the help of this course (and myself) and your hard work we should be able to overcome a lot of your weakness.

Re: Question

When the opponent limps UTG you can also raise them more often to try and isolate them (mostly UTG limps come from weaker players). However, if the table is full of recreational/loose players calling behind more pairs/connectors/suited aces is fine.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Silver
      Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53?

KQ suit Vs 33 = 51% vs 49% On flop J53= 25% vs 75%

What would you do in the following hand?

I would have call for these reason
      Fold wouldn't be a bad idea cause there's chance your opponent hit straight or three of kind but personnaly I would call cause if your opponent is strong he maybe willing go far in this hand. Maybe the guys just testing you cause he think you are weak and try to steal the pot. Here's my calculation: the pot odds are 91:22 which give 4,1:1 and your out if you think he is strong are 46:7 which give 6,5:1 cause 6 and 3 of club would maybe give full house to the other. It seem not profitable but with implied odds it would give you something like 150:22 cause if he is so strong he will be easily willing to call on river a 80% pot bet. The double raise seem strange with is check on flop and just calling preflop. His call preflop put him on pocket JJ to 22 pocket or AT AJ AQ but still depend on his style of play. That's the range of Tight Players. A loose player may have hit straight with A4. These low chance that a tight player would have play an A4 with someone raising preflop.

Do you have questions about your postflop play?

Can I use my position to bluff if everybody check the flop with a hand like AJ or is it better to take a free card.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Good job on homework #3.

Re: question

The short answer is yes, you can definitely take advantage of position to bluff people out of a pot.

The longer answer is that it depends a lot on the opponents you face, how many opponents there are, stack sizes, pot size, etc so providing an example would be best.