[NL2-NL10] NL100 AJo, funky

• Gerv
      Known players:

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , J:club:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $1,00, MP3 calls $1,00, Hero raises to $18,00 (All-In)

At the end of my session, I made this 'funky' move to see what happens against LooseLimping Villains.
      My philosophy behind this Push was that if I was going to raise 6BB and I catch one of them to call me, I had to push on Any-3-cards that comes on the board. While I think that if they call my raise, maybe they would make a funkycall against me of which I am a favourite with my Ajax (I hate the soccerclub though) facing the 5 community cards.

How would you play this hand and why? Do you agree with my argumentation? Is this play balanced or unbalanced?

- Gerv
  • 5 replies
    • caltabiano
      At first I wouldn't think of pushing all in pre-flop, I'd do the regular bets.. however your argumentation does have a good point. And you're facing rather loose opponents, so indeed they might very well call you with shitty hands.

I think it's an interesting action to go all in in situations like this, where you know you WILL go all in no matter what on the flop... this avoids some awkward looking situations on post flop.

I was seeing the termi8r review III today and they show loads of situations where he was put into a difficult situation and he coud've avoided them by going all in before.
    • davidangel
      WOW, you have some chummy players at your tables... do you follow them around, maybe buy them lunch once in awhile??? :D
    • Gerv
      Originally posted by davidangel
      WOW, you have some chummy players at your tables... do you follow them around, maybe buy them lunch once in awhile??? :D
      Yes I give them free gold from my mine so I can rob them while they are drunk in the evening :D

I just mine everyday + I invested in a DB before I started at NL100.
    • DaPhunk
      I like plays like this one every so often to keep your opponents "on their toes"

However, I actually think that you would be more likely to catch them by raising just $5 $5.50 or $6 and pushing flop. Look at Mp2's W$@SD you KNOW he likes to call shortstack cbets no matter what ;)

Oh, by the way I've caught my fair share of fishies with pushes like this. It DOES work and even the worst fish will probably be reluctant to call with an A on the board and no pair. They still do it though, so who am i to judge :p (OMG GUTSHOT! CALL!)
    • IngolPoker
      i prefer raising normally here

you dont mind their loose calls at all!