SuperNova Elite question on Stars

• lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      Hi PS community,

I was just pondering around and I'm sure this question might have been asked before but what is like the lowest limit one could achieve SNE on Pokerstars playing primarily zoom? Omaha or Holdem is fine .

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lokiah
  • 17 replies
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Many things are possible theoretically, but if you don't play NL500/PLO500 you will not achieve it probably. And even if you play these you need to play a lot.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I know two guys that are playing mostly PLO200 and aim for Elite. It's hard, but achievable. Requires sick playing hours though.
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      I'd say lowest is NL200 or PLO100, but as said above, it's not very likely... at NL200 for example you'd need to play roughly 2M hands.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Many things are possible theoretically, but if you don't play NL500/PLO500 you will not achieve it probably. And even if you play these you need to play a lot.
      Can be achieved even on NL100 and NL200. All you need is volume. :) You need to calculate roughly how many hands per stake you need to play during the year and then you can create a plan for hands per day, and there you go SNE achieved. Obviously the lower the stake, the harder the grind as you will need more hands/hr to get certain amount of points.

You need to make like 84k points per month rougly, bit less but let just round it. So that is roughly 3k points per day starting January 1st. Now you need to just grind that amount, basically you can do it on NL100-200 as well as long you are skilled at mass multitabling.

As BrokeSoBroke is doing SNE this year and he plays NL200, and he has like 50k points already done... by playing 8k hands per day.

Regards,

Rihard
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      i've seen few guys who were grinding nl100 and were sne, but i guess it takes like 8 hours 24 tabling or so, so pretty sick.. xD
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Can be achieved even on NL100 and NL200. All you need is volume. :) You need to calculate roughly how many hands per stake you need to play during the year and then you can create a plan for hands per day, and there you go SNE achieved. Obviously the lower the stake, the harder the grind as you will need more hands/hr to get certain amount of points.

You need to make like 84k points per month rougly, bit less but let just round it. So that is roughly 3k points per day starting January 1st. Now you need to just grind that amount, basically you can do it on NL100-200 as well as long you are skilled at mass multitabling.

As BrokeSoBroke is doing SNE this year and he plays NL200, and he has like 50k points already done... by playing 8k hands per day.

Regards,

Rihard
      Definitely possible at lower limits, I just gave a customized reply because people who can grind 8k hands/day probably don't need to ask this type of question.
    • georgelboss
      georgelboss
      Bronze
      i think there is a guy who played NL50 and reached SNE. He's got a blog i guess on 2plus2.
      He played around 5M hands and was down $35k(probalby the biggest looser at 50NL), but if you are aiming for SNE it's not much.
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      I use to see a few of them on nl50 & nl100 zoom tbls when i was playing those limits. They play anything they can to get the volume I think.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you all for your posts.

I've moved this thread to our PokerStars board.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by georgelboss
      i think there is a guy who played NL50 and reached SNE. He's got a blog i guess on 2plus2.
      He played around 5M hands and was down $35k(probalby the biggest looser at 50NL), but if you are aiming for SNE it's not much.
      wow!
      that sounds like a headache; knowing you HAVE to hit SNE just to turn a profit for the year.
      On a related note, I hear people say SNE is worth 100k ... if so nice!
      If that also considers the VIP tourney enty etc, no so cool.
      Anyone know that actual CASH value?

MD
    • georgelboss
      georgelboss
      Bronze
      SNE is worth a bit over 100k, it depands. If you start the year as a bronze you'll make around 105k, and if you start the year as a SNE worth 129k.

The big think is to make 4m vpps in a year. Last year, i think just two guys accomplished: jorj95 and some russian. This worth over 400k
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      if you start as SNE 4mil vpp is 664k$
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Originally posted by alxpoker91
      if you start as SNE 4mil vpp is 664k$
      pocket change :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      It is possible at nl200 or 100 but just really really difficult. I would say if you dont play nl400 or higher then its pretty difficult and not optimal to do.

Remember poker is an ever changing game, if youre playing 7-8 hours every day its hard to really put alot of time into studying and-or getting better meaning in 4 months when the games evolve again you may be left behind and thus a bad win rate and thus you can be losing money before rakeback.
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      any plans to shoot for SNE yourself p1?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by lokiah
      Hi PS community,

I was just pondering around and I'm sure this question might have been asked before but what is like the lowest limit one could achieve SNE on Pokerstars playing primarily zoom? Omaha or Holdem is fine .

Lokiah
      Lowest I have seen is NL100 (frosty012 the teamonline pokerstars pro). He did it with 24-tabling of NL100. If you want to do it with NL100 you have to 8-table Zoom with a mix of NL100 SH and FR, and be prepared to play like 250h/month for most of the year.

It's going to be significantly easier at NL200 but still you would need to play 6h a day on average if I'm not wrong. For me I got away with playing around 1100-1200 hours in the entire year, 8-tabling 500/200
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Originally posted by lokiah
      Hi PS community,

Lokiah
      Lowest I have seen is NL100 (frosty012 the teamonline pokerstars pro). He did it with 24-tabling of NL100. If you want to do it with NL100 you have to 8-table Zoom with a mix of NL100 SH and FR, and be prepared to play like 250h/month for most of the year.

It's going to be significantly easier at NL200 but still you would need to play 6h a day on average if I'm not wrong. For me I got away with playing around 1100-1200 hours in the entire year, 8-tabling 500/200
      Hi mbml,

that doesn't sound like that much over 1mil hands, is that about right?

Nl200/500 Zoom I take it?