How to spot leaks on HM2

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Reach a minimum sample to starting analyzing a bit my game after I lost all the data on a previous PC.

I got now 20K hands and even if the sample is small Im starting struggle to gain all the spots properly and I was wondering how to best get what I would like to analyze.

For example, I have found out that the majority of the mistakes (and loss) Im making (if we do not considerate the blinds ofc) is on the Flop and Turn going better on the River and playing near optimal Preflop.

Now, I would like to find out, why and how Im going wrong on Flop and Turn, with HM2 which filters (and how I can do that) I can use to details all the actions without starting go threw all the 20K hands by checking hand-by-hand.

How I can do that? Thx

There is any1 that have any idea what Im looking for and be so kind to help please? Thank you! :)
  • 9 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Kiro,

I've moved your thread to the relevant board.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey KiromanAAKK

Before I chuck in my 2c here I'd first recommend if you get the chance to get gold status this video series (sorry if this seems redundant since you're only silver). It's definitely worth it though. So many cool filters.

Anyway. First off it does seem pretty interesting that you are making a lot of mistakes on the flop and turn but then river comes right, since I would expect that flop and turn mistakes lead to even bigger river mistakes. The thing with finding leaks (or at least what i've found) is that there are many many areas in which there are leaks and HEM2 and PT4 are pretty good at finding them but it's hard to say which ones are the most devastating to our winrate.

I'll give you a couple of report filters that I like to use. Aside from checking out 'hand groupings' (which I hope you've already done), and maybe tightening up your range from early positions.

In the report filters select PFR, Relative position-out of position and then proceed to check out different positions say CO for a start since you maybe losing in CO vs BU situations, like me :D .

Or go into 3bet = true and then go into hand groupings, take out all the premiums, AJs+, AQo+, +.

If you need any help btw feel free to contact me in the comm tools :)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Thanks Legand, very appreciate! :)

OK, Im telling you the truth maybe I can be more able to get some specific helps

Im already doing the tasks like Hand grouping and check winning/loss by position etc.

Now, Im trying out a trial version of a tool (that I will not mention due avoid fall in some trouble with the forum's rules) because the many good reviews/suggestions gain all around and I load my sample and the tool indicate that even if my playing is rate as advanced unfortunately the some tool telling me that Im mistaken a lot on flop and turn while Im play near perfect preflop and very close river (with a very small % of difference to the optimal)

Now, I would like discovery how and why Im such on that streets and I was wondering/hope there is a way to just filter and analyze my game there.

I say that because in the begin, I started with SNGs and because every session you had a large sample impossible to analyze hand-by-hand, it was a series of filters that was able and allowed me to identify specifics spot and areas of interest.

Hope it may come out more clear now and maybe it will be a way to sort out this matter. Thank you!

Thx one more time for your time and support :)
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Now, Im trying out a trial version of a tool (that I will not mention due avoid fall in some trouble with the forum's rules) because the many good reviews/suggestions gain all around and I load my sample and the tool indicate that even if my playing is rate as advanced unfortunately the some tool telling me that Im mistaken a lot on flop and turn while Im play near perfect preflop and very close river (with a very small % of difference to the optimal)

Are you talking about leakbuster? If so it also has suggested advice doesn't it?

Now, I would like discovery how and why Im such on that streets and I was wondering/hope there is a way to just filter and analyze my game there.

I think I understand what you are saying kiroman but I have to say that it isn't that easy. It's not easy to just put in magical filters to find your biggest leaks and then just stop doing those things. It takes a lot of time and effort because a lot of filters might not show the whole picture.

Im already doing the tasks like Hand grouping and check winning/loss by position etc.

Sorry if it seems like i'm going around in circles but I think the best way would be to carry on doing this and look at spots where on the flop and turn you had to make tough decisions and them put these hands up for evaluation in our hand evaluation forums

The best way imo.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Hi, no unfortunately it isn't LeakBuster and it doesn't give a suggestion though
      Btw, yes Im recognized what you saying and Im agree with you but Im just trying to reduce the area to analyze
      TY for yr help :)
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      If you are trying to spot leaks, i would definitely recommend checking out Leakbuster. It will spot your leaks, and give advice, and has written and video training content to plug the leaks that are showing up consistently in your database.
    • 1stTilt
      1stTilt
      Bronze
      I typed in a search in google for this exact topic and was going to ask on the forums but after my own investigation got the advice I was looking for.

Basically what I read was that simply looking at which hands you're winning with and which ones are losing is a great place to start. Without even doing research on this, hearing that instantly had hands popping up in my mind to play more conservatively.

I have not picked up HM yet but I will be likely today. So I'm unable to tell you how to do this in the program but I imagine youtube would have an instructional video somewhere.

Also I believe just the study and reading of things helps to plug leaks as next time in a situation instead of just playing out the hand on auto pilot to "some' extent (depending on your knowledge of poker) you will hold a leaky hand and think "This could play out to a leak, I should play this more carefully depending on the action and player read".

Little conscience inner monologues like this go miles in playing poker at its best.
    • 1stTilt
      1stTilt
      Bronze
      After downloading HM2 and doing a quick study, personally for me I find that just using the reports on preflop hand groupings for holdem is all I need.

Basically what I do is sort my hand groupings by bb/100 and look for ones with - value. I then click those hand groupings and sort by net loss and then net won. What I'm looking for is how I won with those hands and how I lost with those hands. Simply reviewing the hands individually instantly can give a hard analysis of what you're doing wrong... at least for me. It took about 20 hand replays of a mix of wins and losses for me to see what I was doing wrong with certain hands.

Once this is done all you need to do is the homework. Write down what you find and remember to have an inner monologue next time you're in a position with said hands.

Most importantly I wouldn't try to analyze all your hand groupings at once. Pick one grouping and make an adjustment then when its turned into a profitable move for you move onto the next one. Trying to tackle your entire game in one go will only slow your improvement.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Leakbuster 4.0 is coming out pretty quick here apparently. Just saw this forum post and here are some of the new features.

"I've been asked a lot lately when release is. The first beta is less than 2 weeks away. Some highlight over view of the new features:

- Improved interface
      - Updated Stat Ranges
      - New Micro Stat Ranges
      - New Stake level dependent advice
      - New Stats Analyzed like C-bet OOP, Overbet Turn, Freeplay aggression, etc..
      - 1-click Instant Hand Review of Leaky Hands
      - 1-click pull out equity calculator with leak situation setup
      - New Secondary Deep Level Analysis with Improved Leak Detection (links more stats with post flop play and provides feedback).
      - Exportable Coaching Reports
      - New Videos "