$4,65
      MP3:
      $5,00
      CO:
      $5,00
      BU:
      $20,92

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:spade: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, MP2 raises to $4,65 (All-In), 5 folds, Hero raises to $4,25 (All-In).

Flop: ($9,25) T:spade: , 6:club: , K:heart:
      Turn: ($9,25) 7:spade:
      River: ($9,25) A:spade:

Final Pot: $9,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Js Jc)
      MP2 shows two pairs, aces and kings (Ah Ks)

MP2 wins with two pairs, aces and kings (Ah Ks)

I raised and got reraised at.. According to the SSS articles, my move was right.
      However, at the moment, I was confused, because his stats apparently show he's a pretty tight player and only plays with very good hands.
      I put him on QQ+ or AK at least. But I wasn't too sure if my reading of the stats were correct. That, along with a bit of help from that horrible little thing called greed, made me push it.

Should I have folded? Was my read acurate?
      Or should I have done just what I did, follow the articles and really push it?

Cheers
  • 5 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano

I put him on QQ+ or AK at least.

Then you should have folded as the call is then slightly -EV.

If villains range is AQ+,JJ+ then you are slightly +EV (with much variance) on the call.

Having four other short-stackers at your table is also pretty marginal.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      But the thing is I wasn't sure if that really was his range... so I got confused.

What I really wanna know is if that really IS his range with those stats
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      You dont have a large enough sample size to give villian an accurate hand range and stats 5/4 with the sample you do have indicates he is very tight, most likely a short stack TAG. Reverse positions and what hand would you need to re-raise preflop?
      I agree and I disagree about the number of SSSrs at your table.
      Agree: With only half the table willing to VPIP marginal hands, there is a less chance of you getting action, plus a greater chance that the 5 chum wont limp cause the shorties always raise preflop.
      Disagree: With 3 SSSrs sitting to your left you can steal any2 every single time it is folded around to you in the SB, BU and CO! I would just sit there and leech them dry until 25+BB, then go look for a more chummy table. (yes, thats right, any2, every orbit)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      But the thing is I wasn't sure if that really was his range... so I got confused.

What I really wanna know is if that really IS his range with those stats
      You are very unlikely to ever "know" his range. All you can do is make an assumption and play accordingly. Given the circumstances, your guess at his range seems pretty reasonable. Being a marginal situation you can always call for "curiosity value" if you must know his hand in this particular instance.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Calta,

A PFR 5% range is somewhere like TT-AA, AQo+, AJs+ and KQs

If he 3-bets you preflop, you should chop this 5% up in like 2%. 2% range is something like QQ+ and AceKing.

Only against AceKing, you have 55% EQ other than that, your a roasted bean ;)

Against a 5/4 opponent, I only want to play QQ+ and AK.

I would have folded to his reraise and save your 16BB and wait for a new hand ;)