New Matrix Sit n Go

• 20 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      well since I normally play 4 sng's it's not really good for me...
      You play the same opponents on every table so they get more read on me... and well I play really see-through poker ( that works good on the 11$ sng's) but I feel like this makes me edge smaller since they can just explode my weaknesses more...

also knockouts are awarded so much so aggressive play is awarded a lot...

Also since there are a lot of these knockout hunters ICM starts to work less in these sng's then normally... So this is making my EDGE way smaller...

I would enjoy getting one DOMITRiX or whatever in a 44$ matrix sng tho :)
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I just played a $6.5 turbo matrix sng.

Its not very profitable. Correct me if I am wrong.

I won the Matrix tournament for $5.40.
      2nd place in one match for $3.24.
      1st in one match for $5.40.

Total profit: $7.54.

Say I played 4x $6.5 instead.

1st for $27.
      2nd for $16,20.

Total profit: $17.2.

Its a nice try at something new though, and I think if you win all 4 you get a nice payout. But thats not that easy.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I tried once session 5+0,5$. Was once second twice third and overall(matrix score) only fifth since of low knockout points so obviously not good for me :D Also both times i was third is got sucked out badly JJ vs 99 and QQ vs 44 lol. If i would win those 4:1 i would basicly have both SNGs in my hand and also overall score :( Sucks but what can we do :D

Anyway they are good for LAG types of SNG players i would say.
    • masfe
      masfe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      I just played a $6.5 turbo matrix sng.

Its not very profitable. Correct me if I am wrong.

I won the Matrix tournament for $5.40.
      2nd place in one match for $3.24.
      1st in one match for $5.40.

Total profit: $7.54.

Say I played 4x $6.5 instead.

1st for $27.
      2nd for $16,20.

Total profit: $17.2.

Its a nice try at something new though, and I think if you win all 4 you get a nice payout. But thats not that easy.
      WIth 4x 6.5 instead, you would pay 26$ instead of 6.5$ to play them
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by marcof3
      Yes you are right but I dont see your point.

Did you read my post?

Take a look at the numbers.

4x6.5=26

27+16,2=43,2.

43,2-26=17,2.

You pay 4x the rake too, so more FTPs and rakeback too.

If you just wanna play lots of tables for little money go ahead. Matrix is just that. If you want to make a higher profit, while playing the same stakes play regular SNGs instead.
    • masfe
      masfe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      Yes you are right but I dont see your point.

Did you read my post?

Take a look at the numbers.

4x6.5=26

27+16,2=43,2.

43,2-26=17,2.

You pay 4x the rake too, so more FTPs and rakeback too.

If you just wanna play lots of tables for little money go ahead. Matrix is just that. If you want to make a higher profit, while playing the same stakes play regular SNGs instead.
      Think this way:

-> 1 session where you paid 26$ : 17,2$ profit

-> 1 session where you paid 6.5$: 7.54$ profit

It's actually better the 6.5$, 1.16 vs 0.66 the coeficiente between profit and buy-in.

I'm not saying they are better, i know you win more FTP etc but your point of view was basically saying that they are worth it.

PS: I think they are not thatt bad, they are fun. They might be good to someone that already play good 4-tables but have a really low bankroll because the 1.1$ it's like playing 0.25$ SNG's (very low variance), which are not played at full tilt.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Think this way:

-> 1 session where you paid 26$ : 17,2$ profit

-> 1 session where you paid 6.5$: 7.54$ profit

It's actually better the 6.5$, 1.16 vs 0.66 the coeficiente between profit and buy-in.
      Think this way? Ok. I dont get it. Do you know what the word profit means?

I'm not saying they are better, i know you win more FTP etc but your point of view was basically saying that they are worth it.
      No I did not say that. I said:

Matrix SNGs are worth playing IF YOU WANT TO PLAY MANY SNGS for a low $. They are NOT worth playing IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A DECENT PROFIT.

How can you not see the logic and 1st grade math behind it?

You are either not reading/understanding what I am writing, or flat out stupid.

Remember we are playing 4 tables at a time.

This is the third time Im writing down the same math for you:
      4 SNGs $26($6.50x4) - 1 hour duration. Total winnings with one 1st and one 2nd place: $43,20. Total profit: $17,20. Hourly rate: $17.20.

One Matrix SNG $6.5 - 1 hour duration. Total winnings with one 1st and one 2nd place: 14,04. Total profit: $7.54. Hourly rate: $7.54.

What is there NOT to understand about this. :(
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      play a $26 matrix sng then you will make 4*7.54=$30 profit
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'm not sure how to look at matrix sng's BRM wise, cos if you're regularly multitabling $10 sng's it would make sense to play $40 ones instead
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      I'm not sure how to look at matrix sng's BRM wise, cos if you're regularly multitabling $10 sng's it would make sense to play $40 ones instead
      BRM is not added in my equation.

Is the skill on the $10 sngs the same as the $40 matrix sngs?

Probably not. :I
    • masfe
      masfe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      play a $26 matrix sng then you will make 4*7.54=$30 profit

PokerQT said everything..

Think this way? Ok. I dont get it. Do you know what the word profit means?
      Ok, you make 1 2nd and 1 1rst at the matrix and win 7$, u make 1 1rst and 1 2nd at the 6.5's and you profit 17$. But if you lose the matrix you lose 6.5$, if you lose the 6.5's you lose 26$. Still didn't got it?

Because it's the same as comparing the profit of a 1rst place in a 6.5$ and a 26$. Ofcourse the 26$ SNG give more, but if you lose you also lose more.

Btw it's the last post i make on this subject. If you still don't get it i don't have another way to explain.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      wish i have this oportuninty at my beginings coz u can train multitabeling so cheap...and u playing 4 tables agains same opponents with u can easily applay u reads........

for other player it is useless coz it is same like 40$ matrix Sng= 4x10$sng ..only advantage of this is same players at 4 tables at same time
    • erptech
      erptech
      Bronze
      imho, matrix is excellent.
      i believe they also allow some kind of variance dispersion.
      and also i agree on the reads, you get many reads in very short time.

advantages:

-good for beginners, to train multitabling ($1.25 SnG is equivalent of 4x $0.25+0.06 sngs - huge rake tho)
      -good reads on players in short period
      -risk dispersion - better players will win more money
      -good for icm training
      -matrix payout structure rewards winning/surviving players the most
      -very cool Dominatrix reward for the winner of all 4 tables (entire prize pot)

disadvantages:

-encourages aggression through KO reward system so there are a lot of maniacs, at least on lower limits
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      -risk dispersion - better players will win more money

Nope a winning player will win much more playing his normal set of sng's
      matrix makes your edge smaller

-good for icm training

Normal sng's are better for icm training since your getting called less...
      Since matrix awards KO and you find yourself as a shortstack... your getting called so much more then you should be normally

-matrix payout structure rewards winning/surviving players the most

Nope it rewards players that can get two ko's every sng the most... It rewards aggression imo.

-good reads on players in short period

And well if you play straight forward poker some donks might be able to explode your weaknesses.... But in a normal sng that aint really happening...
      Also on the micro limits you don't really need reads...
      But playing matrix also makes your table image be harder to keep TAG... So it kinda makes few problems for you

-good for beginners, to train multitabling ($1.25 SnG is equivalent of 4x $0.25+0.06 sngs - huge rake tho)

25% rake is never good... But yeah it's good for beginners they are pushed into multi table-ing ... and well learn quicker then the rest of us that only started 1 table-ing for a while.... Not sure if I like this since I don't want players to learn quick and play good poker against me :(
    • erptech
      erptech
      Bronze
      Nope it rewards players that can get two ko's every sng the most... It rewards aggression imo.

i didn't say it doesn't reward aggression.

but matrix prize pool is just as big as another table, so even with 2 KO's on each table you still get out quickly playing like a maniac and in most cases you won't make it in the money of matrix prize pool, or take lets say 2nd or 3rd place which is miserable payout and way to become a losing player.

there is also 2 bonus points reward for the table winner + max survival points which pretty much compensates for KO rewards.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      If not anything else they came up with something new that is actually not that bad :D
    • xxbchxx
      xxbchxx
      Bronze
      Its ok for practicing I think
      You play the same people but can you realy belive any read you get???
      I play each one with a slightly different strategy that normaly keeps me in to the bubble on 2 out of 4....not profitable but fun/
    • clipto
      clipto
      Bronze
      i tried once a 5$ matrix and ireally hated it ..
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      if u win all four u just take 1st + 2nd place of MATRIX PRIZE(the leaderboard). So that's not too much.

It happened to me to win all 4 and I have finished plenty of times 3x 1st ,...