This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Players who want to learn

• cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm from Montreal Quebec and been playing the game since 2008. I subscribe because I want to learn tricks and way to play to get started in poker. I had some result but I need to improve even more. I wish to be able to play against all players and maybe one day go make the WSOP. I wish to learn the most I can here to increased my good decision and improve my reading skill.
  • 6 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey there cedhabs and welcome to PokerStrategy!

I see you've joined our Beginners course already which is a smart choice for sure, I've done it myself and it improved my game a lot; hopefully it'll do the same for you ;)

I see you're only a Basic Member, have you looked into our Free Bankroll? You'll be able to practice the skills you'll learn from the course with some free $ and start printing the winnigs :D

If you have any questions or need some assistance be sure to give us a shout.

Best of luck on the tables.
    • cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Bronze
      I have join 770poker and will be playing but before starting I want to make some freeroll and want to read more. I want to have read at least every begginner thread and I'm interrest in the Sit$Go thread, Tournment thread and psychologic thread. These thread are really helpful.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey cedhabs

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Sounds like you have a plan :s_cool: What stakes do you usually play? You say you have some results, any big results?

GL at the tables

RasTweet
    • cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Bronze
      I have won a couple of KO tournment and 2 others normal big tournment, but I have taken a break after going insane during a day that it was bad beat day, I lose 300$. It made me retire all my bankroll. Now I want to be sure of myself before playing a game. I want all the tool that could bring me the closer to the big table and be able to win. I decide to restart from the low limit and work on my self control and my game. From what I read since I subscribe, I know what was my past mistake and now I put on myself loss limit that will avoid that kind of situation. I just come on my free time and read a lot. After an hour reading, I play with my new loss limit I no longer lose big in one day and it keep my game to a high level. I was wondering if I should play tight or loose when I subscribe, now I decide to remove these distraction and decide that I will play tight. For your question my biggest win was in cash table live 1$/2$, I got out with 1500$ and in tournment I made 960$ in 25+25 KO tournment.
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Bronze
      It seems you can get lot of good advices in bankroll management thread. :)
    • cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Bronze
      When I started playing, I had been wipe out. I lose my first three game against a friend who play a lot. I decide to create myself a way to play. It was somewhat successful but I hadn't any strategy about bankroll management or loss limit. So when thing weren't going my way, I have lost big part of what I won previously. I had no control over my tilt. I lose live 600$ and the 300$ loss online and I decide that I should take a break. I realized that my game wasn't good. When I was on the web, I found this site and decide to subscribe. I remember having told myself: for the future, I want to know how to play like the pro. I decide to be like a student, and since one week that I restart to play, thing are going great, not that I'm very lucky, but I'm confident and well prepared when I play and thing that I'm playing the best poker of my life. Result are there. For the future I will hold a tight bankroll management, playing 1% of my bankroll in any Sit&Go and Cash game. I know it's conservative but I want to practice a lot before moving up in limit. I'm still wondering what percent should I use for tournment.