Players who want to learn

• cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Silver
      Hi,

I'm from Montreal Quebec and been playing the game since 2008. I subscribe because I want to learn tricks and way to play to get started in poker. I had some result but I need to improve even more. I wish to be able to play against all players and maybe one day go make the WSOP. I wish to learn the most I can here to increased my good decision and improve my reading skill.
  • 6 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey there cedhabs and welcome to PokerStrategy!

I see you've joined our Beginners course already which is a smart choice for sure, I've done it myself and it improved my game a lot; hopefully it'll do the same for you ;)

I see you're only a Basic Member, have you looked into our Free Bankroll? You'll be able to practice the skills you'll learn from the course with some free $ and start printing the winnigs :D

If you have any questions or need some assistance be sure to give us a shout.

Best of luck on the tables.
    • cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Silver
      I have join 770poker and will be playing but before starting I want to make some freeroll and want to read more. I want to have read at least every begginner thread and I'm interrest in the Sit$Go thread, Tournment thread and psychologic thread. These thread are really helpful.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey cedhabs

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Sounds like you have a plan :s_cool: What stakes do you usually play? You say you have some results, any big results?

GL at the tables

RasTweet
    • cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Silver
      I have won a couple of KO tournment and 2 others normal big tournment, but I have taken a break after going insane during a day that it was bad beat day, I lose 300$. It made me retire all my bankroll. Now I want to be sure of myself before playing a game. I want all the tool that could bring me the closer to the big table and be able to win. I decide to restart from the low limit and work on my self control and my game. From what I read since I subscribe, I know what was my past mistake and now I put on myself loss limit that will avoid that kind of situation. I just come on my free time and read a lot. After an hour reading, I play with my new loss limit I no longer lose big in one day and it keep my game to a high level. I was wondering if I should play tight or loose when I subscribe, now I decide to remove these distraction and decide that I will play tight. For your question my biggest win was in cash table live 1$/2$, I got out with 1500$ and in tournment I made 960$ in 25+25 KO tournment.
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      It seems you can get lot of good advices in bankroll management thread. :)
    • cedhabs
      cedhabs
      Silver
      When I started playing, I had been wipe out. I lose my first three game against a friend who play a lot. I decide to create myself a way to play. It was somewhat successful but I hadn't any strategy about bankroll management or loss limit. So when thing weren't going my way, I have lost big part of what I won previously. I had no control over my tilt. I lose live 600$ and the 300$ loss online and I decide that I should take a break. I realized that my game wasn't good. When I was on the web, I found this site and decide to subscribe. I remember having told myself: for the future, I want to know how to play like the pro. I decide to be like a student, and since one week that I restart to play, thing are going great, not that I'm very lucky, but I'm confident and well prepared when I play and thing that I'm playing the best poker of my life. Result are there. For the future I will hold a tight bankroll management, playing 1% of my bankroll in any Sit&Go and Cash game. I know it's conservative but I want to practice a lot before moving up in limit. I'm still wondering what percent should I use for tournment.