50 Strategy Points for Introducing myself. Hello!

• 6larry9
      6larry9
      Bronze
      Good evening,

My name is Larry and I'm from Canada.

I've only played poker for a short while on PokerStars. More than a year back, after a really bad day, while killing a 12 pack of beer, I somehow managed to come in 6th out of 5000 or 6000 people in a free tournament.

The next day, I woke up, logged into the computer, and found out that I somehow had about $20 in my PokerStars account which I pieced together from vaguely remembered details and "Congratulations" emails from PokerStars in my email.

I don't play poker that often but would like to learn how to play well sober as I did that long ago drunken night. :) I'm interested mainly in Sit and Go and MTTs.

That's it.

Everyone have a great, profitable 2014.

Larry
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey 6larry9,

Well hello Canadian Larry from Australian Larry lol :)

Welcome to PokerStrategy. com

I think I have played some pretty good poker when I've been under the influence and likewise details the next day are a little sketchy.

If you check out our strategy section, you will find a lot of helpful stuff regarding SnGs and MTTs.

If you have any questions than just fire away

Cheers

Lazza
    • 6larry9
      6larry9
      Bronze
      Thanks so much Larry.

I plan on making it to Australia sometime. Great people. Great country.

Oh, and I've been lurking around here for a while and actually created my own little site map just to organize my studying. The volume of information is impressive and overwhelming.

All the best!
      Larry

I noticed you're a moderator. I reported this by the links a while back but I think there's an error on the "Sit and Go Beginner Strategy Guide" at http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/2012/12/17/sng-basic-handout-en.pdf

On page 3, the last table, the first column should be "Opponent Position" and not "Your Position." It should be like Chart 4 at http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/2232/1/
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Larry,

Thanks for pointing that out. :) I have passed it on to the relevant people to review.

Cheers

Laz
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by 6larry9

On page 3, the last table, the first column should be "Opponent Position" and not "Your Position." It should be like Chart 4 at http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/2232/1/
      Thanks, Larry,
      I'll bring this to the attention of the editors.

Where in Canada?
      I'm on the Wet Coast about 40km E of Vancouver

Cheers,
      --VS
    • 6larry9
      6larry9
      Bronze
      Thanks guys!

VorpalF2F, I'm in Southern Ontario which is probably not as scenic and beautiful as your area.

I also have to see more of Canada someday.

Good night all!
      Larry