$50 to $4000 in 5 weeks!

• CityTrader
      CityTrader
      Bronze
      Its always good to read about other peoples success. I find it very motivational and inspirational as it confirms that if you stick to your game and always strive to improve it, you CAN be very successful.

I chose to play only SNG's and MTT's ranging between $1 buyin (normally rebuy MTT's) and $20 buyin on freezeouts and SNG's. I dont play cash tables full stop. I heard about Pokerstrategy whilst playing on Pokerstars and boy am I glad I followed the chaps advice on checking out this site. I had played poker for over 4 years before signing up with PS with mixed success. My main result over that period was winning a $30,000 guaranteed tournament on Bet365 to the tune of $6000! The best thing about this result was that the buyin was FREE, all you needed to do was play 100 raked hands or more to qualify for entry!! I can assure you that this result gave me a very healthy positive ROI for the period played. Sorry but I cannot give you the exact figures, but on average I had been investing around $50 a month for 36 months so for my investment of approximately $1800 I was around $4200 up...Of course I withdrew around $5000 and stuck to my original buy-ins thereafter.

When I joined PS and read through the articles and partook in live coaching sessions I found it took my game to another level. I have been a member for about 3 months and enrolled with Mansion Poker. Within 5 weeks of playing $5 SNG's and MTT's I turned my $50 into over $4000, largely due to winning a $5 rebuy tournament to the tune of $3900! Again I decided to withdraw $3000 and leave the remaining for my bankroll. I believe that if you have success you should reward yourself with a nice shopping spree to make all those hours of playing worthwhile :-)

Over the last few weeks I have gained qualification to tournament 12 of ECOOPIII and am trying to qualify for as many of the NLH tournaments in the series as possible, This has hit my bankroll for about $300 as most of the Stage2 qualifiers are turbo tournaments, which I dont seem to have much success at. Hopefully I can pick up another victory in a rebuy MTT to help bankroll my quest for ECOOP success...I will let you know how I get on in the near future :-)

One final note...PS is the bees knees!!!

Happy pokering all :-)

* I have just read through Jordgubbans thread..quite amazing really! If oyou havent seen it you MUST check it out!! Like him I do not use a tracker..and to be honest I have no intention of using one either. I mean why should I? My word should be good enough surely? Its a shame that some people seem to be very jealous when someone has great success (fortunately its only a very small percentage)...Im sure people wouldnt post false threads to hunt for glory..would they??? I can hand-on-heart promise you that my success is REAL and not a fantasy and I firmly believe Jordgubbans success is real also. The fact he is a Diamond member should tell a story in itself and the fact Im a Silver member after 8 weeks of play should suggest that my story is true also...either that or I have more money than sense, which is not the case I can assure you!! *
  • 9 replies
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Great Job... well i turn silver after 2weeks with a bankroll from 50$ to 60$... so tell me about it.
      One advice: Mansion is verrrrrrry swingy. So you should consider taking all of your bankroll to pokerstars and full-tilt. There you find more MTT's, more Satty's to very big tournaments. If you do have a good formula to win MTT's then you'll be rich soon there!!!
      Again nice job!!!
    • CityTrader
      CityTrader
      Bronze
      I have thought very seriuosly about moving a portion of my Mansion bankroll to Pokerstars as I completely agree with you about the range of tournaments and feeders. However, at this moment in time I am concentrating on qualifying for as many ECOOPIII tournaments in the hope hope that I can hit a BIG payday in one or more of them. This is my mission and I am going to focus on that and that only for the time being. Once ECOOP is over I will then decide on what is best to do with my bankroll (of course if there is any left!) and Pokerstars is probably where I will end up grinding out a majority of my MTTs. My goal for 2009 (and Im sure I share this with many) is to qualify for the WSOP by means of playing a gerzillion satellites on Pokerstars!! Well hopefully not that many!! LOL

I think in this game we should all set our sights high and if we fall short of our expectations hopefully we will still be acheiving a positive ROI.
    • Daxtreme
      Daxtreme
      Bronze
      Congratulations on your great performances!

This encourages me a lot as recently I have been quite low moralized after numerous losses due to buy-ins being too high compared to my roll (~$125).

I can't seem to be playing my best poker in MTT. I really wonder how you do this. :P
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      What platforms do you play on and what are yoru screennames?

well done on the success :)
    • CityTrader
      CityTrader
      Bronze
      Since joining PS I have played only Mansion...Before the switch I was going under the screenname of DonkeyBasher, it was under this name that I won the $3900 mid September and Im gutted because Mansion will only let you go back as far as 27th September in tournament histories, which kinda sucks. I think I will enquire with them if they can send me email evidence of that win as I would really like you guys to see Im telling the truth!! After the switchover I changed my name to SteelBollocks.
      When I was playing on Bet365 and won the $6000 my screenname was CityTrader but I no longer play there as they stopped doing the 30k Freeroll some time ago.
      Iwork 7days on then have 7days off so you will rarely see me at the tables when I work as I do 13 hour shifts, but on my 7 days off you will see me at the tables quite a lot mainly grinding it out on the low stakes rebuy and freezeout MTT's ($1-$10). Although I have had reasonable success I never change my limits as this is my comfort zone...Sometimes I will play a few turbo satellites for the 50k REBUY, but always attempt to qualify with no rebuys. Out of 3 attempts I have been successful once so far only to finish in around 300th place in the final, again with no rebuys as Im looking for value, and I cannot justify paying $50 for a rebuy! Its a shame I went out so early in this tournament as I was doing relatively well making the first break with just over $3000 only to be sucked out holding JJ againt 10 10 and a 10 hit the river to deny me of a well needed double up. Thats poker though!! Maybe I will see you guys on the tables in the near future!? Maybe a final table??

Good luck and happy pokering :-)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      I play the 10$ ones from time to time, but you sure will find me in the 2$rebuy and 5$freezouts... I play on some 2$ freezouts too but not much of them.
      Screenname: SenegalAz...
      Will check out if I see you ;)
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CityTrader
      I think I will enquire with them if they can send me email evidence of that win as I would really like you guys to see Im telling the truth!!

you can see your history on one of the official poker rankings sites (i don't think I'm allowed to put links in, so just google it)
      Well done for that win, it's an awesome payout.. I'm only on $50 to $400 in 4 weeks, so I don't think I'll be putting up a competing thread..
    • CityTrader
      CityTrader
      Bronze
      I didnt realise there was a poker ranking site, or sites!! All these years of playing online poker and I didnt realise. Its a shame you cant point me int he right direction. I will google it and see if I can find what you are talking about.

Im sure I have seen you at the tables SenegalAz...But I will keep a close eye out for you in the future.

Happy pokering :-)
    • CityTrader
      CityTrader
      Bronze
      Haha, I have found the site! How cool is that! Ok if anyone wants to verify my claim you need only check out the official rankings and you will see that under the name of DonkeyBasher I have a 971% ROI. as I said in an earlier post I now go under SteelBollocks, but for some reason there are no stats yet. Hopefully they will be updated sometime soon as it makes interesting reading. Certainly saves the hassle of updating a spreadsheet everytime Iplay!! Does anyone know how regular the official poker rankings are updated???

Happy pokering :-)