[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR Nut Flush hits Max Value

• Gnostradamus
      Gnostradamus
      Bronze
      Hello again,

In this hand, I hit my Ace high Flush on the Turn but on the last street I only check. How should I have played to extract the maximum value?

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.90
      BB:
      $9.20
      UTG+1:
      $3.10
      UTG+2:
      $2.80
      MP1:
      $9.35
      MP2:
      $12.90
      MP3:
      $16.20
      Hero:
      $9.30
      BU:
      $2.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , Q:heart:
      UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.65) J:heart: , 7:spade: , 7:heart: (6 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.50, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($2.15) A:heart: (3 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1.60, BU calls $1.60, UTG+2 folds.

River: ($5.35) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $5.35

Many thanks,

Gnostradamus
  • 4 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Its all good until the river. Pay attention to stack size, he only had 0.55 left and pot was 5.35 He isnt folding to your bet on the river.
      You might want to bet a little less on turn like 1.40 perhaps? (2/3) This because paired board and 3 hearts are scary. You might get another call this way.
    • Gnostradamus
      Gnostradamus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Its all good until the river. Pay attention to stack size, he only had 0.55 left and pot was 5.35 He isnt folding to your bet on the river.
      You might want to bet a little less on turn like 1.40 perhaps? (2/3) This because paired board and 3 hearts are scary. You might get another call this way.
      Yes, I agree with both your points. I ignored his stack-size completely.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i dont think calling preflop is so bad in a fr game but raising is much superior because you take the pot down preflop lots of times + you have position advantage postflop if you get called .
      as played just put him all in on the river dont check it . even with biger stacks sizes bet here every time because their are lots of hands that will call you but will check behind if checked to them ( like a pair of aces or jacks)
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      i dont think calling preflop is so bad in a fr game but raising is much superior because you take the pot down preflop lots of times + you have position advantage postflop if you get called .
      as played just put him all in on the river dont check it . even with biger stacks sizes bet here every time because their are lots of hands that will call you but will check behind if checked to them ( like a pair of aces or jacks)
      gl
      hi,
      Ive noticed at this limit we often cant raise with suited connectors because theres always a couple of stations who call anything + a couple of ss waiting to go all in with A high. In this situation we cant put money in the pot unless we have a good hand, this is why i like to see cheap flops like Gnostradamus did here. They will call when we hit anyway =)

I understand that raising is better against average players but often we must switch tactics against very loose/bad players with our small pp and suited connectors.