I would love if someone could give me advice (FR NL25 ZOOM)

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Hey PS community, hope you're all having an awesome day being p0k3r pr0'z.
      I've got back into poker, and i'm REALLY going at it now, i want to simply become a winning regular!> at NL25 FR Zoom.

Now i've played about 30k hands so far in the last 3 days and i'm down about 5BI's! I thought i could beat this limit. This sample size is probably on the small size for zoom poker, as i have played for 3 days, BUT STILL! i was hoping for a better result then that.
      The style i've been playing is tight agro, 13/10 2 3bet %.

Now i don't know how to approach getting better. I have no idea how to anylze my hand historys, i've watched some videos on the site with someone playing, i'm just looking for someone who has had previous experience perhaps playing something like what i'm playing, and if they have any tips on what they did wrong and how they overcome / adjusted.

Thanks guys.
  • 16 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by DecMate

The style i've been playing is tight agro, 13/10 2 3bet %.

Thanks guys.
      Full ring?
      Even for FR that seems tight.

At zoom tables, a lot of people have quick-folded before the action is on you.
      Steal from the CO and BTN a bit wider to see how that works.

And because a lot of people know this, and are therefore stealing wider, you should adjust your blind defence too.

You're gold, so have a look at pleno's coachings or some of the zoom videos to see what I mean.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I have made lighter 3bets and even 4bets, which seem to be working well.
      But the problem i'm having, i feel i've had about 100 spots where it's been a tough ass decision, i'm down soooo much. I had 640$ and now i'm on 280$,...
      If i post you my graph / stats (all of them) would you be able to spot any spots in where i'm going wrong?
      I'm not giving up.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I have made lighter 3bets and even 4bets, which seem to be working well.
      But the problem i'm having, i feel i've had about 100 spots where it's been a tough ass decision, i'm down soooo much. I had 640$ and now i'm on 280$,...
      If i post you my graph / stats (all of them) would you be able to spot any spots in where i'm going wrong?
      I'm not giving up.
      You told us that you have like 100 spots where you are having hard time. How about posting your hands to hand evaluation forums :) ? There we all could help you a lot and you would have some sort of a basic understanding about that kind of situations.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I do plan on doing so, i've marked alot of hands and i did post one yesterday. But i feel i need something more then just posting a couple of hands, i need real help. Perhaps coaching but i can't afford that. #SweatSessions
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I do plan on doing so, i've marked alot of hands and i did post one yesterday. But i feel i need something more then just posting a couple of hands, i need real help. Perhaps coaching but i can't afford that. #SweatSessions
      By posting hundreds of hands you are practically having a coaching here tbh :) When you post them you just need to open your own thought process behind the hand and ask any questions you have in your mind (even "stupid ones"). It's a real help for anyone that really wants to develop!

Sweat sessions are fine, too. You will always have someone else's point of view to the hand and you can work with your thought process a lot.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I do want to get better. I'd be so happy to just be able to beat a limit. I kinda skipped NL2-10. I really don't want to play them. I think i'm above average at poker, what limits do you play Cpallo? (thanks for the responses by the way)
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Also, is there any chance of me making a video of playing, talking through my thought process and get some feedback? Even if just by you Cpallo :D
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I do want to get better. I'd be so happy to just be able to beat a limit. I kinda skipped NL2-10. I really don't want to play them. I think i'm above average at poker, what limits do you play Cpallo? (thanks for the responses by the way)
      No problem, I'm quite happy to have a discussion with you :D

I think one thing to consider is having some sessions in NL10 or so. You could see if you can do well there. If you are able to be a winning player and if you feel comfortable playing, just go back to NL25 and keep on playing. Skipping some levels might or might not be a good idea, but if you are feeling confident playing NL25 it's fine to skip levels.

I myself started by playing NL2 and went on and on by making small mistakes here and there. But I learned from them and I have been able to develop less leaking strategies for higher levels. And I gained a lot experience by starting from the bottom. It also gives you confidence to see that you can actually crush some level!

I play at NL25 too ATM, sometimes shooting for NL50 and while I'm not playing my A-game I'm playing NL10 to keep my volume up.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I see.
      Well i just don't want to play the lower limits i just feel like i'm wasting time when i play. But i mean i can't even beat NL25 by the looks of things,.. I really don't wana drop in limits.
      I've played 33k hands of zoom on stars so far and yeah as i stated, i'm down almost 350$, my EV line is -200$. So i am running under EV, but i'd still be down anyway. It's so annoying me seeing this i swear i'm better!

Do you mind me asking, what stats are you?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I see.
      Well i just don't want to play the lower limits i just feel like i'm wasting time when i play. But i mean i can't even beat NL25 by the looks of things,.. I really don't wana drop in limits.
      I've played 33k hands of zoom on stars so far and yeah as i stated, i'm down almost 350$, my EV line is -200$. So i am running under EV, but i'd still be down anyway. It's so annoying me seeing this i swear i'm better!

Do you mind me asking, what stats are you?
      I'm playing SH tables, having stats of 22/20. It's better format for me as I may play wider ranges and take advantage of my opponents' weakness'. So I can't help you with your FR stats that much.

However, I think you are opening a bit tight as 13/10 and 3-bet of 2 % sounds a bit nitty. You could post some hands to hand evaluation forum (like: what should my range from CO be here? Should I open this hand that I folded etc.). You could also take a look at our Strategy articles for FR tables :)

Hopefully that helps
    • otherpeoplesmoney
      otherpeoplesmoney
      Bronze
      I really don't want to play them. I think i'm above average at poker
      Seriously, I started NL2 in April and play NL10 FR Zoom currently. NL2 to NL5 is nearly no gap of skill. NL5 to NL10 is a huge gap, especially for beginners. Okay, you maybe not a beginner, but you dont know the dynamics of FR Zoom. I am playing with two coaches at the moment and play 13/10 aswell. Ofc my UO RFI at BTN and CO are much much bigger as CPallo recommends.

What I suggest is that you AT LEAST move down to NL10 and try to play 50k hands with a decent winrate before saying you are above average. Get practice for FR Zoom, then move up to NL25.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by otherpeoplesmoney
      I really don't want to play them. I think i'm above average at poker
      Seriously, I started NL2 in April and play NL10 FR Zoom currently. NL2 to NL5 is nearly no gap of skill. NL5 to NL10 is a huge gap, especially for beginners. Okay, you maybe not a beginner, but you dont know the dynamics of FR Zoom. I am playing with two coaches at the moment and play 13/10 aswell. Ofc my UO RFI at BTN and CO are much much bigger as CPallo recommends.

What I suggest is that you AT LEAST move down to NL10 and try to play 50k hands with a decent winrate before saying you are above average. Get practice for FR Zoom, then move up to NL25.
      +1
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      I see.
      Have you even tried to drop down? It sounds like you really want to play poker and be a winning player. If this is true, I cant see how it is waste of time playing lower limits. If you arent born with a goldbar in your ass, you usally have to start from the buttom (in everything in life) - if you are that good at poker, you should easy earn abit of cash in lower games, and you can work on your leaks a 'safe place'.

I started my 'poker career' playing way to high limits, which is fine if it just was for fun. But if you wanna be serious about poker, play the right limits. I easily made 200-300$ per day, but could loss twice as much in less time. Now I started from NL2, and im happy just to make 5$ per day. Hopefully that will be bigger numbers in the future, but right now its fine. I would move down if I was you :f_biggrin:
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Thanks for the responses.
      I spoke to CPallo, who recommended me to drop down to NL10 and play 100k hands. Which is now my next goal. So far i've played 3k hands, and i'm posting EVERY single hand i get stuck on. So by the time i've finished these 100k, i hopefully should be good to go.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Your plan seems good to me :f_thumbsup:

I wish you best of luck with your play. I'm positive that you will develop a lot ;) !
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Aw thanks alot man! :D :D hope i bloody do!