[NL20-NL50] nl 25 sH 88

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      BU is basicly a calling station with 55/5 and wts 45 over 100 hands

I mean is it even worth to call those sneaky 75c miniraise bet.. I kinda knew he had AK, or QQ+...Is it better to just fold preflop he is kinda short and all?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($9.65)
      SB ($24.90)
      BB ($32.50)
      Hero (UTG) ($29.95)
      CO ($54)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8, 8
      Hero raises $1, 1 fold, Button raises $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.50) 5, 3, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $2.25, Hero ....
  • 10 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      His low PFR is pretty ugly in this hand...

As stupid as it sounds I think I would just fold preflop. with 5 PFR his range is pretty tight. And you can't really call for set value. (at least that's what my quick calculation says)
      After you called preflop you can't really fold on this flop. This is actually one of the best flops you could get.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you have to go with your hand.
      If you put him on overpair, then you should fold pf, if you think that he also could have AK, then you have to shove on none A or K flops.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Seeing his pfr and his minraise Id prob fold pf here. You cant call for set value and hes indicating too much strength.
      Postflop you will be playing a marginal hand oop, not good.
      As played i bet/fold flop and try to see cheap showdown if possible.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Seeing his pfr and his minraise Id prob fold pf here. You cant call for set value and hes indicating too much strength.
      not bet/fold, big part of his range is overpair, and he could call and bet with AK on the turn or river, which you wouldnt be able to call. he could raise with AK on the flop aswell
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      not bet/fold, big part of his range is overpair, and he could call and bet with AK on the turn or river, which you wouldnt be able to call. he could raise with AK on the flop aswell

I think AK is a very small part of his range.

If you suggest c/f, in that case we should fold pf because we arent getting much better flops than this.
      If you suggest c/c then he will milk us all the way to the river with JJ+

As played I fold flop.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      i think again very tight preflop raiser we can play only for set value. in such situations our impplied odds are very good if we flop a set again his big overpair. folding on flop would be a good option imo
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      implied odds of 10:1 on pf right? (investing 0.75 to win 7.9). the odds of hitting a set is 8:1.

if you think his range is that strong I think you got a call for set value, he only needs to put his whole stack 1 time in 10? Is that right?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Tosh- you´re right. You get enough implied odds to call for set value.
      But since player probably holds here JJ+, AK then I would still like to c/rai on the flop, since his stack his too small to c/c flop, c/f turn.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Tosh- you´re right. You get enough implied odds to call for set value.
      But since player probably holds here JJ+, AK then I would still like to c/rai on the flop, since his stack his too small to c/c flop, c/f turn.
      hmm but I'd just fold flop, if his 3bet range is AQ+, JJ+ we only got 40% eqquity on this flop. well considering pot odds it may be worth it, right? But are we using pot odds on a reraise?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      This is imo not the pot odds.
      We´re either ahead or way behind, but consider that player has 8$ left then I´m happy to get here all-in, since I hold overpair.
      You can´t really call every time for set value, sincer you know that he is doing that with AK and maybe some other random overcards and then c/f your overpair on that board.