getting check/raised all in on the turn

• Michael2345
      Michael2345
      Basic
      Hey guys, I got into a tough spot recently where I was check/raised all in on the turn with an overpair on a dry board. Flop was 1042 Turn 3. And I had about 800 chips remaining against an unknown player at the micro limits. Sorry I don't have the exact chips and everything but this should provide enough info to analyse this spot. I think when even an unknown villain takes this line they are usually pretty strong but they can also show up with a ton of random bad hands or just top pair type hands. What do you guys recommend doing is spots like these? Thanks.
  • 8 replies
    • julito23
      julito23
      Gold
      You did not really give a lot of information, but in general I would never fold an overpair on that situation, specially on microlimits. People will show with completely random crap a lot of the time. As you said it could even be top pair, which you have beaten.

Just because you got beat this time does not mean anything, you will be making money in the long run.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      no it doesn't provide nearly enough info. but yeh with the info given call i guess
    • Michael2345
      Michael2345
      Basic
      Yea sorry I didn't save the hand. But we both started out with roughly 1500 in chips and the blinds were 15/30. It was blind vs blind against an unknown he limped I raised to 120 preflop. I bet about 2/3 pot on the flop and on the turn before he check/raised all in so I had about half my stack invested. I find it's a very strong line but yea they still do show up with a lot of random hands as well so I wasn't 100 percent sure if calling was correct here.
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michael2345
      Flop was 1042
      kthxbye
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BLOWMEBABE
      Flop was 1042
      kthxbye
      ?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BLOWMEBABE
      Flop was 1042
      kthxbye
      Play nice! :s_evil:
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      I love pokerstrategy because people are nice to each other. That kind of comments make me sick.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by julito23
      You did not really give a lot of information, but in general I would never fold an overpair on that situation, specially on microlimits. People will show with completely random crap a lot of the time. As you said it could even be top pair, which you have beaten.

Just because you got beat this time does not mean anything, you will be making money in the long run.

Just this :) Unless you have reads he does this with the nuts(and he doesn't consider AT the nuts :P ), never ever fold. Especially on the micro limits.