[NL2-NL10] 0.05/0.10 KQ BB, multipot, TPGK 3 hearts flop

• Jaime001254
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , Q:club:
      UTG calls $0,10, UTG+1 calls $0,10, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,70, UTG calls $0,60, UTG+1 calls $0,60, MP2 calls $0,60, 2 folds.

Flop: ($3,00) Q:heart: , 5:heart: , 6:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1,35 (All-In), UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0,69 (All-In), MP2 folds.

Turn: ($5,04) T:club:
      River: ($5,04) 7:club:

Final Pot: $5,04

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows una pareja de damas (Ks Qc)
      UTG+1 shows carta alta as con kicker dama (Ac 9h)

Hero wins with una pareja de damas (Ks Qc)

what would you do in this situation?
      i tried to defend my pair , as noone showed strenght preflop, in such a great pot, are the chances there is a made flush / set/2 pair too great?

am i pot comitted anyway?
  • 7 replies
    • Gerv
      I prefer to push it PreFlop instead with 5 limpers. As a reraise should put you pot committed anyway ;)

As played, you should push it on this flop.
    • Fongie
      Good to hear you say that Gerv as that's what I've been doing :) With so many limpers I just push preflop with KQ AQ AJ AK because Id rather be all in with 5 cards to come than to see a shitty flop first. Your pfr here is also too small if you dont push, it should be 0.4+0.1 for every limper which makes 0.9 the right raise if I don't misread anything..
    • DaPhunk
      Well played. you can't just give up this hand on the flop. A few things for you (and any readers) to digest if you didn't know them already;

On the Flop;

The pot is more than twice the size of your stack. So you can push according to basic SSS.

You have TP King Kicker so you can push. Opponents can call you with a 1 :heart: flushdraw as well as some pairs.

Raisesize 4BB + 1 per limper = 9BB. If you add 1BB for being out of position thats $1 which = 50% of your stack so you may as well push preflop.

About becoming Pot comitted;
      If you have 20BB and there are 3+ limpers you can push directly. You are committed postflop;

Normal raise with 3 limpers = 7BB.

With one caller Pot = 14BB minimum.

Your remaining stack = 13BB.

A normal cbet is 2/3rds pot = 9.24BB. This is more than half your remaining stack so you push. You can skip this step by Pushing Preflop!

You can also push with 25BB but its a bit more marginal because of rake. If you want to be safe 4+ is fine to push with. (You may be a person who wants to play it safe if you don't raise all the hands you normally would if you have 25BB)

Hope that helps anyone reading.
    • davidangel
      On NL10-25 I have experienced success by pre-flop pushing the following hands in late position if certain qualifiers are met.
      Position: CO BU or Blinds
      Hands: AQ-AJ, KQ, 66-JJ, ATs (optional), and AA (optional)
      Qualifiers: any combination of 3+ limps, clickraisers and/or gimp callers already in the pot, or 2+ if the blinds have yet to act.

Why AA? To protect the weaker hands, and keep them on thier toes... and every once in awhile they all call you down, like a bunch of lemmings near a cliff, and you can triple, or quadruple your stack! In addition, you tend to only get one caller, thus, there is a less chance of getting chummed out and going on tilt! :D
    • Jaime001254
      thank you all... i shd have shoved PF, i dont know why i only raised 70 instead or 90 (a PUSH), maybe because i was multitabling and i didnt realise i was BB and the complete from sb...., or smthn....

ty, now ill have to try pushing with 3+ limpers, i didnt know that and that can be useful to avoid being comitted and having more fold equity.

davidangel: ive seen coachings where they raise 3x with AA to a raiser instead of going all in, but here, with s many limpers, and so many callers, hands like pocket pairs lose value and suited connectors gain a lot of EV... so i think with AA id shove too, to make 89s fold.

ty all for your answers
    • AndriusLT
      easy push PF with 5 limpers.
    • ysessa
      as many said push preflop, maximize your fold equity.