My first post

• jeebRNMD
      jeebRNMD
      Bronze
      Hi guys, id like to start off by saying that im really looking foward to getting involved with all of you. This place looks amazing. The community is awesome can't wait to get my game on.

A litle about me. Im 30 years old. From Montreal, Canada. I've been playing poker for the last 5 years or so but never seriously. I've always loved it. I find it challenging on soo many levels. Can't say that im good at it. Id like to think i have the smarts and the will to become a winning player. I decided that i was gonna commit to it in 2014. Im trying to put in 20-30 hours a week to the game.

I find it a bit overwhelming the ammount of information there is. Im not quite sure how to go about it. Theory, practice, reviewing ect. My goals for 2014 are to move up one stake. Im starting at NL5. I really wanna understand the game. Also i think im gonna invest in getting lessons once i have a bigger database of hands.

Well thats pretty much it for now i guess. If you guys have any input please feel free to share your toughts!

Thanks to all and good luck on the tables!

:f_cool:
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey jeebRNMD,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

I don't really have a set ratio of study/play/review but plenty in our awesome community have quite stringent rules when it comes to that so I'm sure you'll get some good responses to work with.

Regards

Laz
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey jeebRNMD!

Welcome to PokerStrategy!

How are you finding our community and poker school so far then?

All the best,
      Gary
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey jeebRNMD

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Sounds like you really have a plan and are not going to be lazy. Thats the way to go! You aren't going to improve without putting in the hours.

Are you going to start a blog? This way you and all of us can track you progress.

Gl at the tables

RasTweet
    • jeebRNMD
      jeebRNMD
      Bronze
      @ Holly i find this community is the holy grail of poker :D The amount of info, knowledge and experience found within the content plus the members is priceless!

@Ras haven't really tought about it. Any tips on how to do a good blog? Any guidelines?

Thxs for your questions and input guys!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      There aren't really guidelines for a blog. For me it's a peronal space where I can share all the crap thats in my head :f_biggrin: If others read it or not I don't really care.

But what is really nice about a blog is going back to the first page after a couple of years. It's great to see your own progress!

Gl at the tables

Ras