This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK low flop villain donkbets

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.00)
      UTG 1 ($3.10)
      MP1 ($6.00)
      MP2 ($6.50)
      Hero ($10.00)
      CO ($19.35)
      BTN ($7.50)
      SB ($9.90)
      BB ($17.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is MP3 K:heart: A:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.35

Flop: 6:heart: T:club: 5:club: ($1.05, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.65, Hero raises to $1.80

Villain unknown. I guess that early limper most likely has low/medium pp, maybe connectors type hand. I assume that villain won't donk the flop with set so i guess it is ok to make semi-bluff with AK and he will often fold here?
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would donk the flop with set, since its drawy.
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      villain would (should) check raise flop w/ set imo, being hu he has to expect a c-bet. and with a 2/3 PS donk he won't get draws to fold anyway.
      in my experience villains had TPXK here most of the time, at least in hands where we got to a showdown.

i don't know if i would raise flop, if he just calls you will have to bet hard on turn/river to get him off his hand. i would wait for a better spot. never bluff a donkey :D
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      when he donks flop on this drawy board he is likely to have some piece of it and usualy wont give up just to a flop raise . So ... if you decide to raise you have to be prepared to fire some 2nd or third barrels on non :club: turn and river.
      i would just fold to his donk on this board . is much safer .
      on a dry board on the other hand raising is much better .
      gl