This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL .05/.10 Ak Mp1

• MasterAZ
      MasterAZ
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K (Comment)
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, CO calls $0,40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) 8, 5, 3 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $0,70, CO raises to $1,40, Hero raises to $1,50 (All-In), CO calls $0,10.

Turn: ($3,95) 2 (Comment)
      River: ($3,95) 8 (Comment)

Final Pot: $3,95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of eights (Ac Kd)
      CO shows two pairs, queens and eights (Qc Qh)

CO wins with two pairs, queens and eights (Qc Qh)
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      What was your stacksize here? I seem to count 2,60..

Anyway, I would definately fold after the reraise here. Continuation bet is fine, but give up after getting action.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      MasterAz, in this situation you can think about pushing the flop directly to avoid this difficult decision of whether to call or not.

If you want to bet $0.70 on this flop thats about 46% of your remaining stack so you can push according to the optional rule - Push if you're raisesize is 40% or more of your stack on the flop.

Otherwise if you think you have clean outs you have to call anyway.
      Pot odds = $3.95/$0.8 = 4.9:1
      Outs = 6, (3 A's, 3 K's) so your odds are 3:1

Pot odds > Odds so call.

Since you are committed anyway, you might as well have pushed flop first in, unless you think villain has an Ax in which case you can bet/fold.

Edit; In case anyone reading this doesn't know what I'm talking about i refer you to this well written article - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/993/
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi masteraz,

since its nl10 stick to the basic strat and push directly, but also the bet/call here is fine, just a trap nothing you can do. After your cbet you get the correct odds even against qq.