This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Changing To SH

• Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Ok am seriously considering changing over to short hand version of the game.

My one concern is that i am chasing down supernova status at Poker Stars playing 12 tables of 50c/$1 FR. So how many tables of 6 max would +- generate the same amount of VPP. Maybe 9 ?

Also i now have a database of over 140 000 hands of 50c/$1 FL. I remember hearing about buying/selling databases. Is mine big enough yet to be considered for selling ?
  • 10 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Why would you ever play 12 tables of 0.50/1? Your winrate might be the highest, but it's not like you will ever learn something. Even if your winrate is like 2BB/100, you will only win $14/h. In my opinion winrate doesn't even matter untill 10/20, untill that limit you should be studying the game so you keep on playing better and better, learning new things. On 10/20 you only need to play 1 table of SH with a winrate of 0.7BB/100 and you will make the same amount of money :)

I think playing 7 tables would be about the same amount of hands/hour.

I don't think 140k hands is near enough to start selling databases, it's also against the pokerstars policy I believe.
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply Yoghi.

Yes playing 12 tables is not the best thing to do. I do however do it very comfortably. Bought my self a 26" Wide Samsung the other day with my NL holdem profits which helps alot with the multi tabling. (brag brag)

It however is not affecting my ability to study the game. I am reading lots of articles and posted quite a few hands (that i have reviewed again and tried to summarise thoughts on them).

I have 90% internalised the starting hand chart (Bronze) as well as the basic standard lines. Also of course with my HUD running also helps a lot.

Where is lose out the biggest 12 tabling is with getting player notes. I have improved that a bit lately in that i now automatically makes notes on guys donking ranges and am gonna go through my PT database and do a lot of offline note making.

Add into the fact that i really want to go supernova by end of year and i am not gonna play say 4 tables.

Also a quick question. What is a good Plyrs/Flop % ? Sure higher is better but when should i be licking my lips and when should i rather play some NL holdem when the tables are too tight.
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Just put in a quick 4 table feeler session for the 50c/$1 SH.

Played 350 hands :

20/17/3.5/31 (VPIP/PFR/TAF/WTSD%)

Do these number looks like i have the basic idea ?
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Don't play SH for the points, play it because you are ready and want a new challenge. Its a totaly different game strategywise and you will have to concentrate more on the players and the game which may not be good when playing 7+ tables. FR is better when all you want is the points because you can play just the cards and still win.
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Moving to SH cause i am kinda bored and frustrated with the FR games.

Really looking forward to the new challenge !

Was pleasantly surprised to see during my session that the availability games is huge in SH. Use to get a little frustrated where i would be 12 tabling FR and have only 8-9 good tables.

Actually very excited about the SH version of the game :D
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Good!
      Also wanted to say lots of fun with the points challenge. Thats a shit load of poker to play to make supernova.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by One12ver
      Good!
      Also wanted to say lots of fun with the points challenge. Thats a shit load of poker to play to make supernova.
      F*! That means I'll have to play 10x shit load of poker to make Supernova Elite next year :evil:
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      U serious about going Supernova Elite ?

All i can see is omfg WOW !

What is ur strategy ? (hours,stakes, etc)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Evilpopcorn
      What is ur strategy ? (hours,stakes, etc)
      lol; I'm just loosing atm - very simple strategy :D and quite a lot tbh: Opal's scale to success [FL 3/6 SH]

But strategy is simple: 2800 hands on 5/10, 6 days in week for 1 year... I don't have problem playing up to 10 SH tables (was quite successful with that on 2/4), so it's "just" ~3 hours a day.

The only problem is I can't even beat 3/6 (b/e after 25k hands), so it's long way to beat 5/10 and to be confident enough to play 10 tables - I dream about being able to play 10 tables 5/10 by the end of the year :)
      Final decision will be made on 01/01/09 if I dont do away with myself until then :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck with SH: it's evil game!

And yes, I'm serious! I like to have big plans: getting some winrate or playing certain amount of hands are not real goals for me... SNE is something special ;) and there'll be another year in case 2009 won't be so successful
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      You know what they say: if you can dream it, you can do it!

Nowdays I allso dream of playing + on 5/10 someday, but a year ago when i started playing poker i was dreaming of playing on 1/2...So maybe in another year i make it, till then i'll keep on dreaming real hard to make the dream come true :)