Changing To SH

• Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Ok am seriously considering changing over to short hand version of the game.

My one concern is that i am chasing down supernova status at Poker Stars playing 12 tables of 50c/$1 FR. So how many tables of 6 max would +- generate the same amount of VPP. Maybe 9 ?

Also i now have a database of over 140 000 hands of 50c/$1 FL. I remember hearing about buying/selling databases. Is mine big enough yet to be considered for selling ?
  • 10 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Why would you ever play 12 tables of 0.50/1? Your winrate might be the highest, but it's not like you will ever learn something. Even if your winrate is like 2BB/100, you will only win $14/h. In my opinion winrate doesn't even matter untill 10/20, untill that limit you should be studying the game so you keep on playing better and better, learning new things. On 10/20 you only need to play 1 table of SH with a winrate of 0.7BB/100 and you will make the same amount of money :)

I think playing 7 tables would be about the same amount of hands/hour.

I don't think 140k hands is near enough to start selling databases, it's also against the pokerstars policy I believe.
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply Yoghi.

Yes playing 12 tables is not the best thing to do. I do however do it very comfortably. Bought my self a 26" Wide Samsung the other day with my NL holdem profits which helps alot with the multi tabling. (brag brag)

It however is not affecting my ability to study the game. I am reading lots of articles and posted quite a few hands (that i have reviewed again and tried to summarise thoughts on them).

I have 90% internalised the starting hand chart (Bronze) as well as the basic standard lines. Also of course with my HUD running also helps a lot.

Where is lose out the biggest 12 tabling is with getting player notes. I have improved that a bit lately in that i now automatically makes notes on guys donking ranges and am gonna go through my PT database and do a lot of offline note making.

Add into the fact that i really want to go supernova by end of year and i am not gonna play say 4 tables.

Also a quick question. What is a good Plyrs/Flop % ? Sure higher is better but when should i be licking my lips and when should i rather play some NL holdem when the tables are too tight.
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Just put in a quick 4 table feeler session for the 50c/$1 SH.

Played 350 hands :

20/17/3.5/31 (VPIP/PFR/TAF/WTSD%)

Do these number looks like i have the basic idea ?
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Don't play SH for the points, play it because you are ready and want a new challenge. Its a totaly different game strategywise and you will have to concentrate more on the players and the game which may not be good when playing 7+ tables. FR is better when all you want is the points because you can play just the cards and still win.
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Moving to SH cause i am kinda bored and frustrated with the FR games.

Really looking forward to the new challenge !

Was pleasantly surprised to see during my session that the availability games is huge in SH. Use to get a little frustrated where i would be 12 tabling FR and have only 8-9 good tables.

Actually very excited about the SH version of the game :D
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Good!
      Also wanted to say lots of fun with the points challenge. Thats a shit load of poker to play to make supernova.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by One12ver
      Good!
      Also wanted to say lots of fun with the points challenge. Thats a shit load of poker to play to make supernova.
      F*! That means I'll have to play 10x shit load of poker to make Supernova Elite next year :evil:
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      U serious about going Supernova Elite ?

All i can see is omfg WOW !

What is ur strategy ? (hours,stakes, etc)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Evilpopcorn
      What is ur strategy ? (hours,stakes, etc)
      lol; I'm just loosing atm - very simple strategy :D and quite a lot tbh: Opal's scale to success [FL 3/6 SH]

But strategy is simple: 2800 hands on 5/10, 6 days in week for 1 year... I don't have problem playing up to 10 SH tables (was quite successful with that on 2/4), so it's "just" ~3 hours a day.

The only problem is I can't even beat 3/6 (b/e after 25k hands), so it's long way to beat 5/10 and to be confident enough to play 10 tables - I dream about being able to play 10 tables 5/10 by the end of the year :)
      Final decision will be made on 01/01/09 if I dont do away with myself until then :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck with SH: it's evil game!

And yes, I'm serious! I like to have big plans: getting some winrate or playing certain amount of hands are not real goals for me... SNE is something special ;) and there'll be another year in case 2009 won't be so successful
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      You know what they say: if you can dream it, you can do it!

Nowdays I allso dream of playing + on 5/10 someday, but a year ago when i started playing poker i was dreaming of playing on 1/2...So maybe in another year i make it, till then i'll keep on dreaming real hard to make the dream come true :)