This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - Set on dry board

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      More of a line check, really.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($14.65)
      Hero ($16.45)
      CO ($10.00)
      BTN ($12.10)
      SB ($2.30)
      BB ($2.55)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG 1 4:spade: 4:diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: 6:diamond: 4:heart: J:club: ($0.65, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.60

Turn: 2:diamond: ($2.65, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.30...

Yes, the turn bet should have been bigger.

Two questions here:

1. Should I have even bet pre-flop, considering that I was in early position?
      2. My flop bet was small because of the dry board. Should I have bet more?
  • 3 replies
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      I am raising any pocket pair from early postition in SH.
      As played I'd bet more flop and turn.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      1. I raise 44 sh too if opp can fold. You are oop pf but mostly ip postflop. If they are stations I just call since they will pay me if I hit and I only want a big pot if i have the goods.

2. I try and bet the same no matter what I have, in order to be less readable. They respect my c-bets when I do this. Sometimes if I have a tight image I might bet a bit less, if I have loose image I might bet normal or a bit more since they think Im a maniac =)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      BB is shortstack
      I like to raise any pp pf, since it is 6-max game and you have to take the initiative.
      I´d bet 0,3$ on that flop, because BB is shortstack and if he calls on the flop, then pot is 1,2$ and he has 2$ left, so I can make 0,8$ on the turn and the rest on the river.
      Also board is very dry, so you don´t have to protect your hand against any draws.
      I like your small 3-bet on the flop and turn you put him all-in, so nh.