sftpn

• sftpn
      sftpn
      Silver
      Hello,
      My motivation for playing poker:
      I like the excitement. I would like to win. ;-)

My weaknesses when playing poker:
      e.g. fold on AA postflop, even against a lot of action, or going all-in with KK when I get the feeling villain has AA (The felling is mostly correct.) or giving in to the thought: "Nah, he's just bluffin'." Also, playing when I'm bored or tired.

meaning of TAG:
      is to only act on strong hands, put the opponent under pressure to kind of force bad decisions and to play often in position for the advantage of information.
  • 12 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey sftpn

Hows it going. Welcome to the beginners' course. I hope you enjoy it, Good to see that you've posted the first homework. Bogdan, our coach, will be by in the coming days to check your homework. All the best with the course.

Regards,
      Luke
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello sftpn,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework.

With the help of this course (and myself) and your hard work we should be able to overcome a lot of your weakness.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • sftpn
      sftpn
      Silver
      Hello Coach!

Here is my homework for lesson 2:

1) Depending on how tight the blinds are I now tend to steal more often. Same goes for limpers, which I try to isolate with hands I formerly limped myself with, e.g. 55+. I still find it difficult to adjust my range, when calling or raising against LAGs. They usually raise postflop, I usually don't hit anything and fold. Not sure how to improve that.

2) AKo all-in
      I could not use the provided link, since I'm no silver status. I screwed up the registration and now i can't collect points from pokerstars. Is it possible to finish the course anyway? I'd really like to.

3) 46,3

Regards,
      Alex
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi sftpn

Congrats on finishing homework 2.

And yes, it is possible to finish the course despite not being tracked properly.

Best regards,

Bogdan
    • sftpn
      sftpn
      Silver
      Hello Coach,

Q1:50,8/26,5

Q2: Usually I would call, since Villain might semi-bluff on a flushdraw or have Set or a street
      If I put him only a Sets on Equilab, theres to much implied odds needed to call?
      Answer is still call. :-)

Q3:NL5 SH Speed OESD/TP

Regards,
      sftpn
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Good job on homework 3.

And yes you are correct.

You have a lot of implied odds with a backdoor draw so you can expect to get paid off if you hit often enough.
    • sftpn
      sftpn
      Silver
      Hello Coach,

this video: "Who is your opponent - NL 5" isn't watchable. Could you point me towards a similar video/article. Or is the original somewhere else watchable?

Regards,
      sftpn
    • sftpn
      sftpn
      Silver
      Hello coach
      Q1: Twopair vs. drawy board

Q2: Nl5 FR AA BU v UTG 3bet pot

Q3:41,4

Regards
      sftpn
    • sftpn
      sftpn
      Silver
      Hi coach,

I finished my HW.

Took me longer than expected. Found it difficult, to give my opinion on an already evaluated hand. So I just used the open evaluation forum. Hope, this is ok.

Regards,

sftpn
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Alex,
      great job with the homeworks so far and I hope you are enjoying the course, our coaches are great and just know everything don't they!? :s_cool:

I had the same problem with the video, it isn't viewable. Perhaps it has been removed as being out of date.

I think this video may be a similar type and is more modern:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/27808/

Enjoy the video and good luck with the rest of the course Alex!

Mal.
    • sftpn
      sftpn
      Silver
      Thanks a lot for the Link. :-)
    • sftpn
      sftpn
      Silver
      Hi!

Q1: flushdraw vs. loose-passive villain

Q2: Sb Vs Bb Loose Play Sh Games

Q3:I would re-raise high, 4-4,5 $. i expect SB to 3bet preflop, if he had JJ, maybe he slowplayed TT. The high raise on the turn indicates toppair imo, maybe he is drawing aggressively. BB looks loose-passive and might call with a lot of weaker hands. Most likely hero is ahead and since this doesn't have to be the case after the river, we need to get our money in.

Q4: I seriously am no sure. If he is 3betting like the maniac he looks, i might consider raising or checkraising . I tend to check/calling, even if it means going broke. Except A,K or Q show on later streets.