Confidant91 [2015]

• confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: Welcome to my blog! :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

About blog:

This blog is going to be confidant91´s memory. I hope that it will help me to stay productive and accountable cause my biggest plan is to get supernova status on PS.

What can you expect here?

I will try to improve my overall lifestyle and of course grow as a poker player. I will post regularly what and how i am improving.

Ocassionally you can expect to get some free money cause i would use it as a motivational tool when i get really stucked with some goals. :)

About me:

I am 22 year old student of Czech technical university. I am finnishing my bachelor degree this year so thats mostly why i need to get more productive if i want to still put some volume into poker.

Right now i am working for pokerstrategy as a proffesional hand judge for czech comunity. I judge mostly nl2-5 hands.

I play nl25sh zoom eventhough i have solid roll for nl50, but i still want to improve some leaks before i move up and first of all i need to pass exams at school. :f_cry:

Goals for 2014:

:club: Supernova
      :club: bachelor degree
      :club: NL100+

Those are the most important, i would add some more in few days since i have plans already in my head.

I would make smaller golas that will help me achieve it. I will work on weekly basis and post weekly goals.

When i have litle bit more time i am gonna add some side goals and set some plan for this week.

But i expect to get more serious next month. Now i still have to pass 3 tough exams.

So wish me luck and see you soon :f_cool:

PS: If you find some mistakes in my english please let me know :f_love: .

• 29 replies
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Good luck, I will follow :f_cool:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey confidant91,

Welcome to the EN blogs :)

We have quite a few of our prolific posters playing NL25-50 atm so you should get plenty of followers as well as having other guys you can follow here.

Good luck, not just with the SN chase but also your studies.

Cheers

Laz
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Good luck with everything man, you've got yourself a follower :f_thumbsup:
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys, cool to have some followers :f_love:

Quick goals for this week:

:diamond: Pass exam.
      :diamond: 6k hand(not a solid volume for somebody who want to get SN tis year, but during exams i dont play much so this is only to stay in touch with game)

:club: Create structured goals for this year
      :club: Get trough beginnig of Mental game of poker
      :club: work out 4times a week

:heart: Have some fun :D I need to remind this or i will end up like a boring associal :f_biggrin:

Btw i have just read that Pokerstars vip club life is coming to Prague, so who´s in? :f_cool:
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi guys!

just quick review of my last week.

PL: I havent played many session, i dont have even 6k hands this week. I havent been working on my game either. The only thing that i have been doing is judgeing hands.

Unfortunately i dont have time to create my strucktured golas for this year. Hopefully next week i will find some time to od it.

RL: I have passed my exam but two more are ahead of me, so I am still in studying mode. The good fing that my time schedule for next semestr would allow me to work on my game every morning atleast for an hour. So i am really looking forward to it.

Btw i have read Inferno from Dan Brown which is again very good book from this author so i can highly recommend it :)
    • pitabread189
      pitabread189
      Bronze
      Good luck
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Good luck

Thx

What to say about last month? There is not much, cause i am fighting still with school. And since it bores me a lot i am procrastinating often :s_mad: .
      I still have to pass 2 exams and it seems that if i fail on tuesday i would have to pass the last one during the semester.

The good thing about school is that i have been picked up for erasmus, so the whole next year i am going to live in Glasgow :heart: .

Pokerwise i havent done much. Played like 10k hands only lol. But No matter what on 14th my exams ends and i am gonna start shoting nl50 since my roll is over 2k.

See you soon, hopefully with some better news and finaly with some progress in poker.

I am gonna create some goals after 14th since now my focus is only on school :(
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys! Whats up?

I have only the last exmas in front of me so i have decided that its time to play some warm up session before my main grind after exams starts.

I have one FML spot for you.

How would you play this spot? What range preflop do you have here and what line would you take with it?...no reads on villains.

Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2424872
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $27.46 - VPIP: 57, PFR: 29, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 7
      SB: $27.55 - VPIP: 100, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 1
      Hero (BB): $32.90 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 7, AF: 1,9, Hands: 66000
      UTG: $51.82 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 6, AF: 1,0, Hands: 39
      MP: $20.36 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 13, 3B: 25, AF: 0,0, Hands: 15
      CO: $30.16 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 4,0, Hands: 20

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Q :heart: Q :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.55, BTN calls $0.55, SB calls $0.45, Hero raises to $2.75, 1 fold, BTN calls $2.20, 1 fold

Flop: ($6.60) 7 :club: T :spade: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

Turn: ($14.10) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7.75, Hero calls $7.75

River: ($29.60) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $13.21, Hero calls $13.21

Tomorrow i am gonna check it with combonator and probably i wil post it even into HJ forum.

No its time for another session :)

Cya!
    • pitabread189
      pitabread189
      Bronze
      I think I would bet flop and turn and give up on that river. But if river was a blank I would bet again.
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      I was kinda not sure what his range looks like. What can he bluff or even if i am having value bet. Need to check it with combonator how whole ranges works here.

What would you put into his calling range preflop?
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Lest start:

Preflop:

My range:

Stack of range: AK,QQ+ -> I can squeeze cca 7% not sure about JJ here.
      squeeze/fold range: JJ,ATs,KJs,T8s+,97s+,87s,AKo,AJo,KQo

totally 6,94%- 92 combos

BTN´s range:

JJ-77, AQs, AQo, KQs, JTs, T9s

Flop:

On this flop with QQ i have flip vs his calling range plus 34% FE, so cbet here should be plus EV.

I wanted to create postflop plan for whole range. But i am kinda not sure about some combos so i am gonna try to ask for some help :D

Feel free to post your thoughts on how to play overpairs on flop, KQo. and AK.

I think i might be c/c here pretty wide since this is way better flop forvillain and i dont want to be exploitable on chekc/fold.

Gonna post game plan as soons as possible hopefully :D

Posted it into double2´s blog so he might give us some thoughts :)
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Double2´s answer:

[SPOILER]
      So, pre flop I would say our range should be something like TT+, AK/AQ, KQ and then hands like KJo, QJo, ATo, AJo, pretty much off suit brodways that don't play well in mwp but our okay to add to our sqz range because they have blockers and they play okay in a HU pot against a flat 3bet range. You could add some SCs (maybe 4 combos like 67s) but that's not mandatory. I would probably not sqz/fold JJ but that probably close. Deff stacking off AK/QQ+.

And I would overcall a shit load of hands, given the odds. Axs, Kxs, Qxs, Txs, any remotely playable suited hand.

Since BU is an unknown you have to consider the possibility that he might be a fish, and if so he will have a much wider range than the one you posted, if he was a reg, then yeah, that range is okay.

Flop I disagree, it does not hit villains range better, I think it smashes both players ranges. We have that kind of hand that prefers to stack off right here on the flop than bet and then see a turn card like an 8,9, J, K, A that prevents us from going for 3 streets of value. So in that sense it makes somewhat sense to c/r/call shove, we would add some bluffs like maybe 78, 8x or 9x would be good choices if we have any in our sqz range.

My problem with this line is that if villain is wider than we expect, then he's gonna have hands like 78s, T9s, J9s, and those are going to check back flop which is kinda of a disaster for our hand. So QQ should probably be okay to cbet as well, along with KK/AA, KQ, AQ, maybe AJ, and of course TT/JJ.

But I really don't think QQ should be in our c/c range on this board, I might be wrong of course. c/c I would say KJ, QJ, J9s, T9s, AT, KT... You should not be too concerned about having a capped range. If you want to add s[/SPOILER]ome stronger hands to that range start with AJ ou AA, not QQ.

:heart: Finally exams are over and eventhough my semestr starts next week i will have some time for work on myslef again. Gonna make some goals tomorrow!
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys, whats up?

I havent written much lately, but lets some up what i have been doing pas tfew weeks.

My main problem is till volume, eventhough its getting better now, i am still overhelmed by school. I have plenty of work to do and i have started to write my bachelor thesis which takes a lot of time, but fortunately i see some progress, hope that tomorrow leader of my thesis would think that too :f_biggrin:

Pokerwise i have started to work with a w34z3l, which is greate so far. Gonna post some review after first 4 hour package. So far i had to great coachings and we went through my database from nl25sh and w34z3l showed me some leaks i can fix.

What is great that i am shoting nl50 and i am still in some profit.

nl25sh and nl50sh zoom graph lifetiem

I am swimming regularly finaly again :f_love: . It makes me way more fresh during the days and i usually wake up earlier than in previous month.

On monday we had trainings made from lots of sprints which i love. The funny things that 4 years earlier i was faster on 50m freestyle than i am now, but i am gonna change that by the end of semester. :diamond: Target is under 29s ( right now 32s, not that bad time actualy for somebody who is only sitting infrotn of computer whole days long :f_cool: )

:diamond: Challenge for next 14 days. I am gonna try out to push myself from the comfort zone. I am gonna take 2 cold shower a day. If anybody wants to join me than pm me and we can start up some acc group :)

Here is some info about benefits
      http://wakeup-world.com/2012/04/11/ten-health-benefits-of-cold-showers/

But the most important things is to get to used to to getting out of comfort zone everyday.

GL and cya :f_cool:
    • ColorFlusher
      ColorFlusher
      Bronze
      Originally posted by confidant91
      I am gonna take 2 cold shower a day. If anybody wants to join me than pm me
      :o

The graph looks good, keep it going ;)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice read! You got one more follower!

I'm also playing 25 and 50 atm, also zoom, so it will be nice to read about some hands and your thinking process. Plus, I also love swimming! I'm in a lazy mode atm :facepalm: but also trying to swim regularly.

A lot of in common for now lol.

Keep us updated and best of luck!

Fran
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      :o

The graph looks good, keep it going wink

thx, gonna take some cold showers? :f_p:

FFRRAANNKKIIEE: We can make some probet who is gonna be fater in to moth for example or something like that just for motivation to swimm more.

I would try to post some interesting hads, btw if you are up to we can make some session reviews together. I am always lazy to do it by myself cause i like it way more to do it with somebody else.

DAY1: I took cold shower in the mornigng and also few minutes ago. I feel more energetic, co i am gonna party tonight :D

Also what is great benefit that i dont take long shovers anymore since cold ones are quite crazy and at the morning i was almost unabley to breath regularly :f_cool:

Gonna continue tomorrow, so far i am lovin it :f_love:

Have fun guys!!!!
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      still taking cold showers and i kinda love it. So far my breathing is improving while i am in shower, i stay more calm and dont panic :D ofc i can take longer showers now.

Today i am gonna play my second live tourney in my life so i am little bit nervous, since i am not tourney player and i dont know how to work with chips :D

But on the other hand i have won a ticket for that here on PSGY so obv i am gonna ship it :s_evil:
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      quick some up of the last weak. Played only about 4 hours this weak. I dislike that i procrastinate a lot and also i am overhlemed by stuff for school, wich wont change till the beginnign of summer.

So i have some goals for next week:

:club: volume: 15hours
      :club: prepare new game plan and do a review that coach has suggested

:diamond: time log ( i am gonna wirte down everything that i am doing so in future i would know where i am loosing time and what disrupts me)
      :diamond: keep taking cold shover
      :diamond: triffecta exercise every morning if i dont do other workout.

:spade: Dont switch on the PC as the first thing in the morning. I have started reading book( mental game of poker 2 ratm) while eating breakfest.

So if everything goes well i would create some morning routine that can keep me healhy a productive during a day. Today i have tested it and it wokrs.

Gl guys :f_cool:
    • nomorefish
      nomorefish
      Silver
      Hi confi,
      Im really thankful of your work for me in cz/sk HJ forum :D I´ll definitely follow this blog. how long do you play nl25? how many tables at once? :) thx /sorry for stupid questions/

Good luck at nl50 :f_grin: