NL25 SSS Strategy

• TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      I've now moved up to NL25 playing SSS and i was wondering what i should implement next into my learning as when i was on NL10 i was just playing basic SSS without stats, odds and outs, equity etc.
      I dont want to try and implement everything at once so was wondering what would be the most important thing or maybe 2 things at most that would be worthwhile implementing.
      Also, i currently play on Stars but i was wondering if any site was more suited to NL25 or is it just better to stay where i am.

Regards,

Steve
  • 10 replies
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      i think it would be good that you start implementing stats into your game.
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hey TheBu11d0g,

I also play NL25 SSS on Stars. Maybe at the start you could focus first on getting the basics 100%. You win a lot by not losing it...imo.

Then I would also get some stats into your game and start to steal a bit in late positions against very tight opponents and look at adjusting your re-raise ranges according to your opponent's stats.

But read the articles and understand them fully before you try it and get enough hands on your opponents before you make marginal decisions against them with too few sample hands. It is difficult on NL25 because the player pool is so big.

Basically the basics should yield nice profit on NL25 on Stars. There is loads of loose players there and your AA, KK, etc will be paid off.

Good luck!
      Termi8r
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      @ hammiemon

Unfortunately i was using elephant at NL10 but the trial ran out and the basic version doesn't give proper stats now so im looking at using/purchasing either Holdem Manager or PokerTracker 3. Is either more suited to cash games, analysis wise etc.

@ Termi8r

I was just watching Xarry's reviews of your NL25 sessions.

I've just carried on using the basics on NL25 that i learnt from from NL10 so will keep on using the foundations as a base, and look to start adding other items after a breaking in period on Nl25.

Regards,

TheBu11d0g
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Basic HUD on NL25 works fine, just make sure sample size is large enough (gerv has databases for fulltilt on his blog) On 10 and 25 you really only need stats to ID the other TAGs and SSSrs, plus it gives a good indication of chummy players. At NL25 you can get a nice buddy list going and follow the chum around, sit at thier tables, make money...
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      @ davidangel

Thank you for the comment. Unfortunately gerv's database wont be of any use as i play on Stars at the moment.

As for the basic Elephant HUD how can i differentiate between TAGs and proper SSS's as the hud just assigns a basic colour and a description, e.g. Tight, Aggressive etc., rather than actual figures.

Regards,

The Bulldog
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Personally I played NL10 and NL25 both without stats at all, just following the basic strategy on Stars. I think the most important thing, as Termi8r mentioned, is to make sure you are not making any mistakes and playing a solid SSS game.

I do use a hud now, (which I bought with my winnings).. I use pokertracker 3. I currently do some steals, from late position, against people I have lots of hands on, and they're known to be tight. However, I'd recommend being very careful, and cautious implementing steals, because if you don't know how tight your opponents are, failed steal attempts can cost you.

And for adjusting your reraise ranges againts them, you of course need a hud, and a reasonable sample size of hands on the specific opponent to make a reasonable decision. These hands will come as you play them. I personally build my own databases as I play against these players, and I make a new database quarterly, and keep the most recent 3 quarters. I figure anything older than that.. and.. well, it's not reliable data. For me, accuracy is more important than just bazillions of hands, and I usually play over 50k hands a month, which seems to work well enough for me.

Basically, I agree with everything Termi8r stated. I guess I didn't really need to reply, but I would agree that you can do fine at NL25 with just the basic strat, and no hud, so long as you're playing the strategy solidly.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      right now i'm not using stats at nl 25 (well, basic hud but in my opinion is pretty much worthless ) the main diference is the reraise ranges that you can't get from basic hud. so fold 99 on the bb against a raise :P

anyway , only 80 sp left to the licence, that's the only thing i miss from the good hud on nl 25
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      I'm still roughly 600 points away from getting the elephant licence so thats why im thinking about either Holdem Manager or PokerTracker3 so that i can have the improved HUD set-up.

Regards

The Bulldog
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      600 points at nl 25? 22-24k hands (maybe) i think its easy to do it in a month or something. as velak said stats are not that important since the limit can be beaten without it. the only thing i miss is the pfr
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      I'm still roughly 600 points away from getting the elephant licence so thats why im thinking about either Holdem Manager or PokerTracker3 so that i can have the improved HUD set-up.

Regards

The Bulldog
      You can get a free 60 trial with pokertracker3. By the time that trial expires you should have enough points to get your elephant license.