Iron man questions

• slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Well i am new at FTP and didn't find any good answer for my questions which are:

1. Some say that those FTP iron man freerolls are free(means playing them you don't pay anything from your rake back). Is that correct?
      2. If FTP iron man freerolls are "free(when reach your goal)" than i hope are also money bonuses you can get from gathering medals? So if you exchange medals for money does that influence your rake back?
      3. Now lets see this picture:

Here i see one interesting thing which is if you exchange more medals you get more money(logical)
      but if you exchange FTPs you get less medals for more FTP:
      5000FTP =150medals or 33,33FTP per medal
      25000FTP=650medals or 38,46FTP per medal
      100000FTP=2500medals or 40FTP per medal

3.a. So is there any trick like you can exchange FTPs for medals only once per month or even for longer period?
      3.b. Does exchanging FTPs for medals influence rake back?

I mean if everything you gain in iron man challenge is additional(reward) beside rake back is nice. If is not why do they have this challenge?

Thx in advance for clearing this subject for me,

slikec
  • 25 replies
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      well.. first of all i think you exchange medals for points xD and for mm money !
      about changing medals to money bonuses.. it would b good i gues..but when you start to clear that bonus you get less rakeback o.o
      so keep the points ! xD until you want cash out from there and when you recieve last rake back spend it all on custom avatar lol xD
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Really nice reply :D

So it influence rake back. From taged picture you can see medals are exchanged for cash and FPPs for medals not as you said.

So basicly 27% rake back is what you get thx.

Iron man freerolls also influence rake back deal?

Can someone who play on FTP make more constructive answers to my questions pls,

slikec
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      1. i haven't tried it yet and i never play their freerolls i get the medals instead.

2. yes it does affect your RB if u trade in for points or cash bonus' but if u trade in for tokens it doesnt affect your RB

3a. not really, the only way is probably to trade in points for w/e and not play for that week so it doesnt affect your RB regardless but it does affect on how you qualify for iron man though

3b. i dont think u can trade FTPS for medals... or are you saying exchanging medals for FTPs? only if u spend those FTPs and then they are deducted for RB
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Well these freerolls are the softest mtt's I've ever played...
      So go for the freerolls :)
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      I am saving up ironman metals to get my own table
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      i said.. that you need medals.. to get the bonuses..
      second thing mind me if im wrong but after reading this:

$100 Bonus
      600 Medals

Use your Iron Man medals to earn some free cash. Exchange 600 Iron Man medals for a $100 bonus and you can earn a wad of cash just for playing at your normal levels.

im still thinking that you need to clear the money bonus that you get soo...
      what hapens to your rb when you r cleaning any bonuses in FTP?
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I'm not going to help answer, but rather add some questions to this post if you don't mind Niekam...

TehChipDonk: Are you telling me that if you buy something from the shop using your points, then you lose on rakeback? And if you do, does that mean you lose rakeback until you make up for the cost of your purchases, or only for the one week?

Thanks..
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      for every 1000 FTP you spend at the shop you lose $1.35 from your rakeback
      (if somebody's interested i can explain the math behind this :) )

it can go into negative, eg. you spend 100k in the shop, then you'll only get the part of your rakeback that's over $135

and yes, it carries over between weeks
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      the ftp shop aint the same as the iron man medals shop.. I think they don't take away from your rakeback...

Also I just wanna state that those ironman freerolls are freecash if you know anything about mtt's
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      sure, the iron man thing is different. to be honest i have no idea how that works :) how do you even gain those medals? lol, i have no clue
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by redskwerl
      sure, the iron man thing is different. to be honest i have no idea how that works :) how do you even gain those medals? lol, i have no clue
      I can help you with that;) You have to play basicly every day at FTP and here is chart:
      http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/promotions/ironman

So i will explain middle box: If you make 100FTP point 20 days one month you become silver iron man for which you get 40medals for first month 50 for 2-3month etc. or ticket for 15K$ freeroll.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Is it medals OR the freeroll.
      I thought you got some medals, and you got the freeroll, but if you didn't want to do the freeroll you could get more medals... am I wrong?
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      at least I got some medals and the freeroll.. I think you can either get few medals and the freeroll... or some more medals and no freeroll :)
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      okay, asked a friend of mine who plays more at FT:

1) the iron man store purchases count against your rakeback too

2) if you get one of the cash bonuses (100,300,600) you have to release it (same rate as a first deposit bonus)

3) so if you're at least okay at tournaments, get the tokens instead of the cash bonuses
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans
      I'm not going to help answer, but rather add some questions to this post if you don't mind Niekam...

TehChipDonk: Are you telling me that if you buy something from the shop using your points, then you lose on rakeback? And if you do, does that mean you lose rakeback until you make up for the cost of your purchases, or only for the one week?

Thanks..
      yes you lose rb by using points to purchase stuff in their store. i think, it's only for the week as the rb balance does not carry to the next week.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by tehChipDonk
      yes you lose rb by using points to purchase stuff in their store. i think, it's only for the week as the rb balance does not carry to the next week.
      it does carry over, im 100% sure
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Ok now i have another problem. I just don't find those iron man freerolls i got ticket to :( I got ticket for 2k$(one FTP a day) and 15K$(silver). I mean i would expect they would send me one mail when those freerolls took place but no. And i search to find dates for 20min and got only strange stuff which lead to nothing when i checked tournament lobby.

So can someone help me up here pls,

slikec?
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I mean this can not be true or is it:
      Our monthly Freerolls will be held on December 13, 2008, followed by our four-player Sit & Go on December 14, 2008. Our heads-up matches will take place on December 20, 2008.

That means all freerolls for all those months(Iron man started at July will be same day?????
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      So when are those freerolls :( I know someone knows. Otherwise i'll ask FTP suport ;) I mean they are there to do some work ;)