Forums about poker networks in whole

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Whenever I look for iPoker network-wide issues, it's hard to find relevant posts as they're often buried in forums of its separate rooms. Apart from the special thread about the network changes (phasing dollar games out) in the General Poker Discussion (a strange place for it where it gets buried easily), and iPoker regs are better off posting in forums of rooms where they don't play but have found a discussion relevant to their problem. It's become a mess.

So what I suggest is to create a separate 'metaforum' for each of the partner networks [or rather for iPoker only, and maybe for the MPN, as other networks don't have that many distinct and popular rooms] where issues related to all or most of the rooms on the network (major client upgrades, server crashes, game offering changes, network-wide promotions like Winter Sales, Twister Poker or MPN's achievement badges) are to be discussed, and leave sponsored subforums of separate operators for room-specific issues like identity verification or exclusive promotions.

If someone posts an issue in the network-wide forum and it's found to be pertaining to a single room only (like a client bug that's present only in certain room's build and not experienced by players from other rooms), it can then be moved to the forum of that room.

I think this will improve readability a lot.
  • 7 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey tonypmm,

Personally I think it's a good idea, so I'll post it internally for our head ninjas to look at.

I noticed earlier that someone posted on the Titan board and got a response from a 770 user.

It would be handy to be able to separate room specific issues from network specific issues, particularly in the case of iPoker where we have a lot of partners.

Regards

Laz
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      It makes sense, +1 tony
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      +1, great idea.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey guys,

Our dutch community already runs a similar setup and the head ninjas are looking at that as a possible solution.

Dutch Poker Room Board

Regards

Laz
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      Personally, I prefer to have, for example, an iPoker forum with sub-forums for each room.
      So once you enter the iPoker forums, you will see the threads list relevant to the ipoker network, and on top more forum folders for each room.
      I think that way would be more organized.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      +1, ideally there should be both a general iPoker forum and room subforums. The Dutch community lacks subforums dedicated to separate iPoker rooms, which, as said above, are necessary to absorb room-specific info about e.g. promos not shared with the network and communication with support that players from other rooms don't need to read (but can access if they wish).
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey guys,

thanks a lot for your ideas. I do agree that there are some advantages to your suggestion, however - there are reasons behind the current layout and structure of the boards. The current arrangement is based on a few factors like the agreement with the partner platform, popularity within the community etc. That's why they are not grouped as networks but rather as separate entities.

Regarding creating additional boards - as much as it sounds as improving the visibility, this is not always the case, let me present the main reasons:

• More forums – more cluttered main overview and more links to click, explore and dive into
      • The ability to communicate things pro-actively on behalf of the poker rooms - we can't really do that as a company (some exceptions on the iPoker side, though)
      • The above means that other boards, if created, e.g MGM, Ongame would consist of only a couple of questions and...
      • ...we want to avoid creating "empty forums"
      • Some players - especially the beginners might not understand the network division idea, which might create additional confusion

Now, the network general questions are usually posted in the most popular/biggest poker room boards or in GPD (General Poker Discussion Board) - we can continue like this, we can also create a dedicated thread in GPD if we notice and increased number of questions regarding a particular network.

Alternatively, if an important thing related to the whole network is posted in the poker room board, we can move to GPD.

I know this is not what you've had in mind but at the moment we're not planning to introduce changes in the Poker Room part of the forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Marta