This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

A beginner's queries reg SSS

• kalpzr
      kalpzr
      Basic
      Hi everyone,

I am new to pokerstrategy.com. I have played on and off for a few months online. I made little profit playing with big stack at various sites. The problem I faced with big stack was, I win big and I lose big. And when I lose, I tilt, stop playing for few days so that I don't lose money further, transfer money to another site and keep playing damn conservatively till I lose again. The process keeps happening. So I was thinking to start seriously with a simple strategy that is easy to stick on, doesn't need much thinking post flop and minimizes loss. I read the SSS strategy articles here. I play on 888 currently. I have few queries:

1. How important is table selection? I read in some article that 35% pre flop %age is needed. But most tables in 888 fall near 25 - 30%. Is that ok? And how important is average pot size while selecting table?

2. Also, I have noticed that I will have to fold continuously for almost 2 - 3 rounds before I make my first move. And all players fold when I raise. I guess they think I am a nit. Should keep jumping tables every 2 rounds or shall I just at a table as long as the table is good?

3. And lastly, I have read that SSS is obsolete. Can I still play SSS? I plan to play SSS for a month or so and see if I can build my bankroll and also my confidence. Then I intend to learn MSS or climb stakes with SSS. Is that ok? Are there currently any serious player playing SSS successfully?

4. Also I have noticed that I win consistently when I play very conservatively. Somehow, I lose track after sometime and dont play conservatively anymore and lose money and tilt. I stop playing in time not to lose much of my profits. Is SSS ok for me or should I continue BSS?

Thanks.
  • 3 replies