LiViNG POKER (hard core)

• jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      Hey Dudes !

welcome to the true Elite hard worker block ! :f_cool:

:diamond: Who am I ?

My name is George from Lebanon ,I am 21 ,In this new year I will not do anything in life but Playing and study poker (some gym)..
      I started poker from 10 $ at Pokerstars in 2013 playing nl2 and I didn't study enough ..I managed to reach 1000 $ bankroll and play at nl25
      I cashed out and bought a big monitor and some stuff for poker..
      I play now at 888 poker At nl10 with 500$ bankroll ,and I can beat it for more than 4bb/100h in 100k hand sample

:diamond: The challenge to September 2014 :

I Will try to beat the highest limit that I can reach,
      to see if I have to go to the university and forget about Poker ,or play poker + uni , or play Poker and never look back :f_cool:

-if I crush nl50 for more than 6bb/ 100h over 100k h ..and start taking shots at nl100
      maybe I will never look back and continue poker..
      -if I manage just to beat nl25 ..I will go to the uni and continue poker as a part time job !
      -anything less ...I will forget about my babe (poker)

:diamond: why I consider my self as a true hard worker ?

here is my schedule that I have been doing it for more than a month :

Monday : (grind)

woke up at 4 am ,and start at 5am
      start playing poker with some half hour breaks to 5 pm

that is about 9-10 hours playing poker : Just 5 tables !! (to focus on learning and not the money)

reach between 4000-5000 hands

5 pm - 7 pm : analyze some hands and how I played this day ..
      8:00 pm sleep

Tu : (grind) The same as Monday
      We : (study)

Analyze my database for 4 hours
      Study game theory for 4 hours (books ,vids...)

th : (grind) the same grinding schedule .
      Fr : (grind) the same .
      Sa : (study) the same Study schedule .
      Su : (mental game )

study the mental game of Poker for about 4-6 hours .

:diamond: How I approach Poker ?
      I consider my self a more than average guy in the mental game ,because I am working hard on my self .
      I play to Focus to the best I can ever do in every small decision,and understand why I am doing this ?

:diamond: what is my dream during this challenge ?

to have a deal with a master (coach) ,that will help me by:
      -talking to him just one hour every week to analyze my database .
      -send him a record of my play (1 hour) to boost up my game faster.

So I have to start looking for a master that accept deals...
      maybe by this blog I will find that coach or he will find me :f_biggrin:
      if any coach want to accept a deal with me ,just suggest me here..I can say to you I am ready for all kinds of deals , and we will post our progress here :)
      if I couldn't find this coach,maybe after few months (when I beat nl25 ) I will spend my money on a coach...

:club: I will update my blog on a weekly basis ,( my study schedule.., progress stuff...)

Thanks for reading , and I hope you will enjoy this blog :)
  • 78 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey George,

Welcome to the blogs :)

Wow. That's what I call living poker. Looking at that schedule it looks like the only thing you do that isn't poker related is sleep. :tongue:

Gotta admire that dedication

Good luck

Laz
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey George,

Welcome to the blogs :)

Wow. That's what I call living poker. Looking at that schedule it looks like the only thing you do that isn't poker related is sleep. :tongue:

Gotta admire that dedication

Good luck

Laz
      thanks laz :)
      yup I am living Poker ,and I'll try to to do my best :D
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      hey guys ..this is my first update :f_cool:

:diamond: I will post some graphs in the end of every week ..and how I did about studying Poker..and what are My goals for the next week ...

:spade: Week one :

I played around 16k hands 12k nl10 /4k nl20 ..and that was good ,running way too under EV but still winning :)
      bankroll 712 $

and this my life time graph on 888 poker (most of them nl10 and few nl20 )

in the first 29k h I was playing auto pilot..my thought process was : ohh ..easy stakes just value bet vs the fish ,so I wasn't thinking enough in every small pot ..
      then I discovered that the most important skill in Poker is to bring your A game to every small pot you are playing ,and try to time out every hand :D ,ask a lot of questions (what worse will call ,what better will fold ?? why I am doing this ..stop throwing these small pots away..)and suddenly look what happened (after 29k h) :f_cool:

• jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      this how taking notes and reads by playing 5 tables ..paid me :D
      I saw this guy 3bet j9s and double barrel with gut shot ...AF 4

river :my auto pilot is to bet for value ...but waiiit a second ;)

888 Poker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 178.8 BB (VPIP: 44.93, PFR: 31.88, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 69)
      BTN: 34.6 BB (VPIP: 64.62, PFR: 15.98, 3Bet Preflop: 1.33, Hands: 198)
      Hero (SB): 270.7 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: J:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 8:heart: K:diamond: T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: (6 BB, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero bets 4.2 BB, BB raises to 12 BB, Hero raises to 38.5 BB, BB calls 26.5 BB

River: (83 BB, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero checks, BB bets 137.3 BB, Hero Insta calls 137.3 BB

BB shows 3:heart: 4:heart: (High Card, King) (Pre 35%, Flop 19%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows A:heart: J:heart: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 65%, Flop 81%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins 339.8 BB
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      hey Guys

Month one finished ! it was a good month for me ..I moved up from nl10 to nl20 and end up profiting :D ...I feel that I was putting enough time to study and my game improved a little bit..

I played 72k hands a little bit on the lower side ..
      bankroll : 850$
      I cashed out my first 200$
      so bankroll : 650$

and here is the graph nl10/20 ..
      (the big downswing at 60k because I was new at nl20 and spew some BIs vs new high 3bet frequency :tongue: )

I worked a lot on my cbet and barreling ,and counter 3bet ranges PF ...and I started reading 'building a bankroll'

:diamond: My February Goals :
      :club: Make 3bet ranges PF Vs each player type + start building a game plan how to continue postflop
      :club: start building a Game plan postflop after calling 3bet/2bet PF (float-x/r-board type) (using Poker ranger)
      :club: watch w34z3l the evolution of poker series
      :club: play 80k hands
      :club: Analize database every 30k hands (learning from Bogdan analyze videos )
      :club: continue reading building a bankroll..
      :club: read 50 pages of the Mental Game of Poker

:heart: Final word..

Procrastination and instant gratification leads to future suffering
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze

• jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      :diamond: A short update :
      this is February Graph so far .. the first 2 days were great playing few tables nl20 ,focusing a lot..then I move up to nl30 (500 h nl50) and my graph start get too shaky ...man ,that is not Just Variance ! I dont know what happened to me ..I started play more tables (6) and focus less and spew some money in big bluff without deep thinking..maybe that is win tilt ...but I am happy because I recognized this :) and that what I am going to do to fix this..
      -play just 4 tables ...to think deep as much as I can.
      -use a very aggressive BR management (20 BIs for every limit,move down if I lost 5 BIs)..to keep me motivate to think deeply Vs good REGs/new fish Type,and get better as fast as I can ..

bankroll :

I am coming for u nl50 :f_cool:

Graph :

Today I didn't play ..I spent all the morning reading Easy game vol 1 because I felt it is a good book..and it was :s_biggrin:
      now I have to go cause I have to do some anal with my database :P
    • adamrothwell
      adamrothwell
      Bronze
      Hey, nice graph! I like your daily schedule and dedication to studying the game. do you manage to analyse your database every night and stick to your study days?. how do you decided what to study next, etc? There are so many areas to study i find it hard deciding where to start
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      hey Adam ;

thanks man..

1-to be honest I find my self very lazy during the study days :( I put a program to study 8 hours for a specific Topic ,then in the end of the day I find my self that i studied only 4 hours..and didnt focus on specific thing ..
      but every day I try my best :D

ofc every day I dont do a big analyze ..I just look to lost/win 70bb+ hands and my stats to see how I did ..

2-I decide what to study next by this way :

I take a paper ,I say what I want to study the whole month (exp: 8 days study)
      exp : day 1-2 : PF 3bet range ,day 2-3 :faced cbet in 2bet pot,4-5 :when to cbet ?.
      so In day 1-2 I read many articles on this specific area of the game (from many books,PS articles,a video about this,)
      then i watch a video that a pro playing and focus on this area.
      then analyze my data base ..how i played in this area..
      then make a note about what I have learned .

and so on

3-I think that is the hard part of Poker ...you have to figure it out by your self ,hope my study plan will help you :)

what are the Limits that you are playing ?
    • adamrothwell
      adamrothwell
      Bronze
      Hey Jack :)

No worries. That is pretty hardcore! and useful. If i tried to study for 8 hours i'd probabaly manage about 1 hour :p haha.

I play SNG's mostly. Last year I played the $0.25, $ 1 and $1.50 45man's mostly. I hadn't played for around 6months until last week so I'm starting on the $0.50 45 man turbo sng's and I'm going to study much harder this time, probabaly more than i play, and see how it goes.
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      hey

I going to make a small update ..because I feel tired finally I am going to take 2 days free..I feel like I was grinding for Ages ...I am into a break even stretch 23000h (nl20/nl30) ..way too under EV :f_mad: and I feel like I am keep spewing like a donkey every session
      but who cares it looks like I am doing okey ..cant wait to start the coaching with w34z3l :f_cool:

here is my life time graph on 888poker;

• jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      A short update : today I am going to have my first session with w34z3l :D yesterday I took a shot at nl50 and guess what ! first 2200h down 230 $ :D maybe I am not ready for all these big pots ..I feel the game is very close to nl20/nl30 but obviously I am money scared cause of small BR around 24 BIs..
      so I moved down to nl30 when I can beat the game ..and yeah down 6 BIs..finally I am back to downswings ..you know what, I don't care I just dont care I will keep studying and I will keep grinding ..every body do mistakes ,and is it Variance what makes POKER so profitable !? ..

I will make a full update for the graphs in the end of this month ..

cheers !
    • Ganimator
      Ganimator
      Bronze
      Hey man ,

Awesome thread, I'll be following! W34z3l is an awsome coach , I'm sure you will learn a lot!

As for the downswing when moving up it happens. Remember that when you take those shots at higher limits people will be a lot better at exploiting any leaks you have, so make sure to review the hands and see if you made any mistakes.

Imo when you try to move up, you will improve WAY faster then grinding your current limit. Even if your shot fails, take it as a learning experience and rebuild that roll quickly :s_cool: . You will see that how much easier the lower limit is and how much better you've become.

GL!
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jackwilder077

:diamond: what is my dream during this challenge ?

to have a deal with a master (coach) ,that will help me by:
      -talking to him just one hour every week to analyze my database .
      -send him a record of my play (1 hour) to boost up my game faster.

So I have to start looking for a master that accept deals...
      maybe by this blog I will find that coach or he will find me :f_biggrin:
      if any coach want to accept a deal with me ,just suggest me here..I can say to you I am ready for all kinds of deals , and we will post our progress here :)
      if I couldn't find this coach,maybe after few months (when I beat nl25 ) I will spend my money on a coach...

You already found someone? :D Add me on skype: Vice one
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      Today was a great day ! I recover my DSwing so fast :D
      I started the day continuing the downswing ..and I was scared..then suddenly I said to my self " I cant control the cards ,I can control how well I play " and my goal was to be happy in the end of the day if I played good even if I lost 10 BIs and yeaahh this was my biggest day so far in my career (in terms of A game)
      (nl20/nl30)

Ganimator : thx man ,wouhouu a follower ! :D

Vice1 : +10000 added you man :f_love: :f_love:
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      Well done, mate. I really like your schedule, I'm planning to have something similar next year, like 8-10h a day, then I will also be a true hard working mother******. :f_thumbsup:

You play 6-max?
    • Ganimator
      Ganimator
      Bronze
      Wow didn't even notice your schedule , you'll be crushing in no time :s_cool: .
      I would advise you to switch your mental game study to a weekday and to grind Sunday. Sunday is when all the fish come to play tournament and the cash game tables are the softest.

Congrats on today's graph :s_grin:
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jackwilder077

Vice1 : +10000 added you man :f_love: :f_love:
      Maybe something went wrong: just have a new skype :O

what is your skype? :s_biggrin:
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      jawoftheox : thanks mate ,wish u the best next year :) ,man it is all about will power ...Just believe in what you do ;)

yes I play SeX maX :f_p: