This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

HM2 $EV Diff? what is it?

• 3 replies
    • e306
      e306
      Black
      $EV Diff
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hello magicius,

quoted text is copied form HoldemManager site and it answers your question.

EV $ Diff (found in the Hands Tab)

This is calculated by taking your equity% of the total pot when you go all in and comparing that to what you actually won. So let's say I go all in with AA on an Axx flush draw flop against a flush draw. I'm 80.5% to win with my set in a $400 pot.

80.5% x $400 = $322 so what it's saying is on average that I should win approximately $322 on average when I go all in with a set of Aces here vs. his flush draw.

If I win, I would win $400, so I've won $78 more than I would on average i.e running good/okay.

If I lose, I win $0, so I'm running $322 worse off than I would on average so im running bad.

EV $ Diff is displayed as minus when you win more than you should and a + sign when you lose more than you would with average luck. So in the examples above, when I lost with AA as a big favorite, my EV $ Diff would be displayed as +$322.

This is calculated by taking the actual amount won and either deducting or adding the amount you would have won with average luck.

Good luck.
    • magicius
      magicius
      Bronze
      thanks for clarification

had hand QQ and hit a set on flop so went all in,got 2 callers (flushdraw board) won a lot but it says -EV so i though to check with you guys :)