whether do the double rebuy or not

• davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      in rebuy tournament , you can do the double rebuy at the first place,
      however I am better with short stack playing, and not that comfortable with deep stack. And as well I play tight aggressive style , so even the chip is deep, I don't evolve with a lot hand neither.

Is not rebuying save my money, while you can come to short stack earlier?

I know addon is very worthy, but rebuy?
      what are you opinions?
  • 6 replies
      Bronze
      I think generally the thinking used to be is double rb is good because at the beginning of a Tourney you have more donks in and therefore why would you not want the biggest stack possible if a DU was a lot more likely.

You can also splash around a bit for the same reason as above. And of course you should have plan for what you intend to spend. $1RB 3x tourney could be as much as 30 buy ins, but only singe rb at certain point in the Tourney.

In bigger rb (for me) $5, $8 rb, I allow 2 x double rb and an Add on so 5 Bi's in total.

Not sure about 180 $3r, again I would go for a budget of 5 max.

Steve

Steve
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      If you are not taking the double rebuy you are missing out the chance to double up for 2 stacks against fishes. Furthermore the rebuy itself is +EV, because you don't have to pay rake for it. Therefore you get more chips then you pay for (same with the addon).

If you aren't comfortable with deepstack play I wouldn't suggest rebuys at all since they tend to be very deep until the very late game. Stick to normal turbo's until you get more familiar with deepstacked play (and you really should).

Short stack play isn't very hard to learn and you won't gain big advantages over your opponent while playing shortstacked. The deepstacked play should be the foundation of your income.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      so does that means I have to play more loosely?
      more miniraise steal ?
      I usually play very abc style miniraise , cbet , etc
      Bronze
      For me personally yes, its not or wasn't when I played a lot of Rb's unusual to get them all in numerous times. I label them peeps as RB donks, coz I know what it means, they may shove QJo L1 so if you have KQo for example call DU, double starting stack now a quad stack. Rinse repeat.... but have the budget for when the impossible happens and you lose the 80/20 :( LDO how could that ever lose :)
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Depends in rebay has rake or not. Without rake rebay generally is good, with rake it is bad (bc of ICM).
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by Anssi
      Depends in rebay has rake or not. Without rake rebay generally is good, with rake it is bad (bc of ICM).
      It's not bad imo. It's just a bit less awesome if you have to pay rake for it. You would still have the chance to take full advantage of your edge by playing with a double stack against fishes.

Regards,
      Asaban