What is safest? 180man sng? Non Turbo vs Turbo?

• AndyBJ
      AndyBJ
      Silver
      In about a half year ill have a 1000 dollar bankroll? What is safest? 220 buy ins for 4,5 180 non Turbo? Or 400 for 2.5 180 Turbo? If Im equally good at Both??

Best regards Andy
  • 8 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi AndyBJ! :P

I will move your topic to the tournament section where it belongs(SnG is for up to 27 players).

Wish you luck!
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      The 2,5$ 180men turbo's should be the better way to start. If you are successful you should be able to move up the stakes quite fast.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • tomsom87
      tomsom87
      Bronze
      You'll have less chance of going busto in the $4.5 reg speed 180 mans as you're ROI should be much higher and therefore downswings shouldn't be as bad. The downside to this is that your hourly will suffer playing the reg speeds over the turbos.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      If you stick to the bankroll management and move down the stakes early enough the 2.5$ Turbo's should be a very save start as well with 400 Buyins. If you don't want to move down if you catch a downswing the non-turbo's might be saver.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      If you stick to the bankroll management and move down the stakes early enough the 2.5$ Turbo's should be a very save start as well with 400 Buyins. If you don't want to move down if you catch a downswing the non-turbo's might be saver.

Regards,
      Asaban
      Let's be honest, 400 bi's is already overrolled, so if he busts this roll playing 2.50$ exclusively he's probably doing something wrong.

PS I would always choose 2.5 turbo over 4.5 reg, bcs reg 180s average duration is sick- few hours-and there is no traffic above 4.5$. $11 ones are running so rare. On the other hand, turbos are running up to 35 regularly, and even 60$ on Tuesdays and Sundays. So, plenty of room to improve and move up. Better perspective I would say. Also, you can already make better hourly at 2.50T than at 4.50 reg due to big difference in av duration ofa game.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Thanks for your input! I absolutely agree =)
    • AndyBJ
      AndyBJ
      Silver
      i'll go with the 2.5 then :-) thanks for the help guys!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AndyBJ
      i'll go with the 2.5 then :-) thanks for the help guys!
      yw, work on your mental game- don't underestimate it; swings can be, let's say annoying :) , in these. So stay focused, study your game, and eventually you'll succeed.
      GL!