Exchange rate is rounded up on every auto rebuy too?

• Ale78
      Ale78
      Bronze
      Hi pokerstrategists that is my first post on the forum. I 've got a noob question about exchange rates and preferred currency. I used to play on Euro sites before so now it is the first time i am play using USD while keeping my pokerstars roll in Euros.

It's been only a week i am playing on Stars but i noticed a big difference on the amounts of money i have one my roll and the money that pokertracker says that i was supposed to have. So i am just trying to figure out what it might be. Especially since there were no disconections that mess up the results the past week.

I 've read somewhere that pokerstars rounds up the exchange rate for about less than a cent per transaction or something. That seems harmless.

But my question is does that happen every time i auto rebuy too? Also is the exchange rate that i get when buying in on a table the same with the one i get when cashing out of a table?

In general what do you suggest me doing? Keep some money on USD and exchange before cash out? or something else.
  • 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Ale78,

At PokerStars you have the option of having rolls in more than one currency.

If you go to cashier on the menu (not the cashier button), at the bottom will be an option to " Add Currency".

Just select USD and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps

Lazza
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      You should convert enough of your roll to US dollars as the auto exchange will eat your winnings alive. I had experienced this also when i was beginning playing poker. Basically every transaction you will lose a few cents when it converts. If you have auto refill stack it will eventually cost you a tone of money. So having enough in what ever currency you are playing is needed to avoid these fees.
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I have been playing in GBP for almost two years now. I simply do not want anything to do with either the USD or EUR. I believe it won't take long when it will be cheaper to wipe with those notes than to go and buy paper for the loo. :)

PokerStars’ exchange rates are calculated using the current mid-market exchange rate provided by Reuters, plus a margin of 1%. The rates are updated on a regular basis throughout the day.PokerStars will waive this margin, as long as the funds are used to play the games, not for currency speculation or any other purpose. Effectively, this means that currency conversions performed in the PokerStars client will use the Reuters mid-market rate without any adjustments.PokerStars will use Reuters' mid-market rate without any adjustments for any deposits or cashouts that are performed in a supported account currency (US Dollars, Euro, British Pounds or Canadian Dollars). For deposits and cashouts in other currencies, PokerStars will waive half of the 1% margin, making the effective margin 0.5%.Note that where PokerStars has reasonable grounds to suspect that currency conversion transactions are being made for purposes other than play, we reserve the right to retroactively apply the full 1% (one percent) margin to the exchange rate.PokerStars reserves the right to change the way exchange rates are calculated without notice.

I might have misunderstood the whole thing, but I was under the impression that there is no cost to the casual grinder. :P
    • Ale78
      Ale78
      Bronze
      Thnx for the advise guys. My mistake cost me almost 3bi on a week. I exchanged enough money on USD now.
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      Asked Pokerstars support about it:

All buy-ins and winnings are converted automatically at the current conversion rates as PokerStars has enabled features which will allow you to seamlessly enter and leave games, without any conversion fees. There is no conversion margin for these transactions. To enable completely automatic conversions, please go to the main PokerStars lobby and choose 'Options' > 'Multi-Currency Options'. In the dialog box that comes up, check both the 'Convert currencies automatically, without confirmation' and 'Credit Funds in My Preferred Currency When Leaving a Game', and then choose "Submit". With these options selected, your buy-ins will be converted automatically at the current conversion rates, and any money that you take from the tables or win in tournaments will be automatically converted back to your Preferred Currency.

So apparently there are no fees.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for that information, Styr :)