This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ messed up

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $27,02
      BB:
      $4,90
      UTG:
      $5,00
      UTG+1:
      $24,71
      UTG+2:
      $13,48
      MP1:
      $23,63
      MP2:
      $12,87
      MP3:
      $11,19
      Hero:
      $4,73
      BU:
      $30,31

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:club: , Q:heart:
      5 folds, Hero calls $0,25, BU raises to $1,50, SB calls $1,40, BB folds, Hero raises to $4,73 (All-In), BU calls $3,23, SB folds.

Flop: ($11,21) Q:spade: , 7:spade: , K:heart:
      Turn: ($11,21) 4:club:
      River: ($11,21) A:spade:

Final Pot: $11,21

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qc Qh)
      BU shows two pairs, aces and queens (Qd Ah)

Hero wins with three of a kind, queens (Qc Qh)

Ok, first of all, let me explain why the call instead of the raise.
      I had left all my tables with check/fold pre-selected, cause I didnt have anything. So I ran downstairs to grab me some grapes and came back. When I got here I saw QQ, 7sec to act. BUT, as if Fortune didn't like me at all, my iTunes was changing songs, and that usually freezes my computer for a couple of seconds. So I quickly figured I wouldn't have time to set a proper raise. And therefore I clicked on call, in order not to lose the hand.

So, that excused. What could I have done? Could I have indeed pushed it?
      Cause here's what I figure. If the positions were inverted, I'd have pushed it, after his raise. So, positions wouldn't matter on the flop, cause I'd be all in already.
      So I thoughtI might as well go for it the way it is

What do you all reckon?
  • 3 replies
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      Pushing is correct, But after your limp it looks like QQ+ to me..
      Call pre-flop, Check-Shove the turn is also an option.
      But in this spot , you can easy get it in pre-flop, cause he doesn`t lay down many hands anymore..

*The BU has a very wide range.. Because there is 1 limper ( you look weak) + the SB and the BB = 2.5 BB in the pot.. he could easaly take a shot at it with TJ 9T JQ QK QJ AQ , many SC some 1-gappers and any PP..

You really are a big favorite :)

*Grabbing some food , drink , or pissing is very hard playing multi-tables..
      A notebook is the key.. you can take it anywhere you want.. :P
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      actually happened to me once, i ended minraising my AKs thankfully someone reraised me so i could go all in.

after you accidentally limp you have to go all in, you want to go all in preflop with queens , he has to call since the move looks fishy. maybe later he will call you when you raise AA because he thinks of you as an slowplayer :P
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      if you miss the chance of raising you should be glad to be able to reraise :)

nearly nh ;)